[Feedback Wanted] Stranded

Status
Not open for further replies.

_4_

Reaction score
Hey guys me, @roboboy777, and @Ragetastic96 have built this map. We arn't 100% sure on title, but this seems good. Basically the map is an island featuring a fishing boat that got beached onto an island. Years have past and the boat has still been beached, yet the water has gone down and receded. The survivors who are marooned have a small camp with some chests and well as some failed farms that they tried to create. There's also a small hut. The bedrock walls will obviously be removed during final submission.

We would like to know if there's anything we can improve on to make this map better since it needs a lot/ some more work. This is my first map I've worked on.

The map itself is located at my build box plot, _4_. It looks better in game.

Here's some pics (note some details have changed since picture upload)

Only things in chests are some fish, string, etc, will upload some chest pics later.

P.s forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section. Being this a future map submission (hopefully) I felt it the correct area.

Any feedback would be nice. try to be honest :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

_4_

Reaction score
If you posted it in the map section, then you should at least follow the format. :)
Uhh.........?

I know about the format. This isn't an official submission so I didn't think the format was needed. As I said above this is only for feedback. If it's wrong forum let it be moved.

• Haha
Reactions: Robo

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
Too spacious. Sure, trees fill it out a bit but there's nothing on the island. I guess that could be the point, as it is "stranded", but it just feels way too boring to play on. I did notice the one small cave, but outside of that there's only the ship and then a bunch of trees and some small landscaping. Underground ruins is a bit cliche, but it could work. Some huts could work too, there a small camp area, and it's a medium sized ship after all, I'm sure some (more) crude little structures wouldn't be out of place. Perhaps there's a native tribe nearby? A small river, or stream that feeds into the ocean? Maybe a little lake? Just some small ideas, it looks nice but it needs more filler.

_4_

Reaction score
Too spacious. Sure, trees fill it out a bit but there's nothing on the island. I guess that could be the point, as it is "stranded", but it just feels way too boring to play on. I did notice the one small cave, but outside of that there's only the ship and then a bunch of trees and some small landscaping. Underground ruins is a bit cliche, but it could work. Some huts could work too, there a small camp area, and it's a medium sized ship after all, I'm sure some (more) crude little structures wouldn't be out of place. Perhaps there's a native tribe nearby? A small river, or stream that feeds into the ocean? Maybe a little lake? Just some small ideas, it looks nice but it needs more filler.
Yeah we were debating adding some ruins, we weren't sure if it'd fit the lore of the map. We will probably add in some type of building structure considering that's what a lot of people have suggested.

Thanks Nyxo :)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
It looks like it's missing a pig and a conch...

I think it could use a waterfall coming from one of those hills and stream into the ocean. And perhaps turn the map into a boundary map just to give the players a bit of extra scenery beyond the island. Also, I think it would be neat if one of those hills were switched into stone and had a menacing look to it -- maybe a small carving of a skull or weird animal on the hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.