[Feedback Wanted] Muse

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlee123

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm here for my third map submission (if you even want to call it that)...

HUGE DISCLAIMER
This map...is...

Well, to put it very nicely, this map is less than stellar.

Like...waaay less than stellar...

Nevertheless, I seek feedback on this map. It's the first one I've made using WorldPainter, which I've heard from members of the Blocktopia community (Butamou...and I think Bram [yes wimali will always be bram to me]) and others outside of the community that when it comes to large-scale terra-forming like with maps and stuff, it's the way to go. So, I gave it a shot, messed around with it for a bit and got a good feel for it.

Again, this is still technically a map submission, but instead of seeking a big green approved sign, this time I am seeking feedback, and constructive criticism.

So here we go:
Name of Map: Muse
Creator(s): brownlee123
Size: 128 x 128
Biome: Plains (but whatever seems appropriate, I'm unsure...)
Screenshots (including suggested timer areas):
Overview

Flame Temple

The Scripts of Muse

Lyric of Muse

Cave with sexy ink sacs

Moar Cave

Peeking Out from the Cave
The Timers are all stacked up in the SouthEast corner.

The first goes off 5 mins in, each one after that goes every 5 minutes.
Temple Chest

Isle Chest

Cavern Chest

Any block that you prefer to be no-drop or no-break?: Could Glowstone please be no-break?
Any extra information about your map?: As I said before, I'me not expecting this map to pass. I want it to, of course I do, but I don't have the same amount of confidence as I did with my previous map, Gueldene.
I used WorldPainter for all the terraforming of the island, and MCEdit for the Cave (which was a mistake; tip to everyone - DO NOT USE MCEdit in the same way as WorldEdit!)

SIDE QUEST!
If you can figure out what the entire map is referencing, you get total props from me (and who doesn't want THAT?!?)!

Download Link (optional): https://www.mediafire.com/?7dew502nb4j82jy

Thank you guys so much, I'm sure I'll hear some great feedback from y'all!

-brownlee123

Reactions: ghostbuster333

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
As Dess said, make sure the lava is fully enclosed with bedrock. I'd hate for it to screw it up!

It looks interesting. People generally don't use lava of all things to have surrounding an island. That's generally because it's such a hassle to make sure it wouldn't screw everything up, but when executed nicely it can work a treat. I'm not too sure about my opinion on the map, though.
None the less, good luck!

Last edited:

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
While the concept is nice. I feel like there's not enough to the map. The main problem is there needs to be more vertical features than a medium sized cave. Im going with a 0. Sorry for not saying much, people beat me to some of the things I wanted to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.