Explain Hardcore Command

Summer10

Reaction score
Um might need a new command first of all... second, please drop the gimmicks they are quite annoying imo... third, It's not hard to explain to the players what it is afaik.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
So wait Summer? You're telling me it's easy to explain when in another thread:
Anyways it's hard to explain something to most likely the majority of the server and help them through what just happened a while after it actually did.
Now this means I really have no clear explanation on what your view is to new game modes or things being added to the server.

Second, in my experience today when /hardcore was activated there were an innumerous amount of questions to answer all at once. Plus it was probably even more difficult for the Op in-game at the time because they had to explain it separately.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Cue the brainstorming.

Hardcore Mode allows only same-team chat (humans to humans, zombies to zombies), and takes some commands away from the players (/t, /left, /aka, etc). It's meant to enhance gameplay by giving the players a sense of danger/isolation.

A little long, maybe. :/

Summer10

Reaction score
So wait Summer? You're telling me it's easy to explain when in another thread:

Now this means I really have no clear explanation on what your view is to new game modes or things being added to the server.

Second, in my experience today when /hardcore was activated there were an innumerous amount of questions to answer all at once. Plus it was probably even more difficult for the Op in-game at the time because they had to explain it separately.
Two completely different things, one is running while trying to explain it to many people who are mad/confused, the other is explaining to a group of people who all have the same questions and are generally willing to listen since they aren't as confused/mad as much. Now can we please drop this argument this is not the place to be holding it.
Actually I have been meaning to add one, I just keep getting sidetracked by higher priorities. If you could come up with a brief (1-2 line) explanation for it here I'd appreciate it.
Maybe like "This is Hardcore mode! You can't use (insert commands they can't use here) and can't see player's names! Have fun!"?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Two completely different things, one is running while trying to explain it to many people who are mad/confused, the other is explaining to a group of people who all have the same questions and are generally willing to listen since they aren't as confused/mad as much. Now can we please drop this argument this is not the place to be holding it.
Maybe like "This is Hardcore mode! You can't use (insert commands they can't use here) and can't see player's names! Have fun!"?
Just thought I'd say this, But, He didn't start an arguement, And there wasn't one. He was actually doing nothing wrong by making this thread as new users might have questions needed answering and may one day, Stumble upon this thread and think "Hey, I was going to bother an Op about this but it's here so nvm!"
And how is he being a "Gimmick"?..