Enemy_NPC's Operator Application (cooliorules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
In-game username:
Enemy_NPC, although you may have seen me as eppleworks or cooliorules.
Time-zone:
GMT+8
How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
The time I would be able to staff on the server varies from an absolute minimum of half an hour, to a maximum of 7 hours. I would always try to be accessible through IRC when not online in case of needed assistance.
What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I believe the responsibilities of the Operators on this server are to keep the server a happy place for all players, which means not being biased towards the newer players and more leniant to the older players. It is also to be able to quickly respond to any player, whatever rank, if they have any questions or need assistance. The Operators are also the face of the server, what new players normally look up to, so Operators need to be mature, understanding and to be role models.
What sets you apart from other applicants?
I believe that the biggest thing that sets me apart from most applicants is that I have the experience of failing, but trying again to gain Operator on this very server, and also the experience of staffing on there as well. I know the commands, and would be able to slide into the position very easily and start to help straight away, and not have to learn the commands, which from experience can take time.
What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I believe my greatest weakness is that sometimes I may start a discussion, that can lead to a verbal fight, or "debate". Though, I have been fixing this issue, by keeping my cool and answering politely.
How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If I were to approach a problem that I've no idea what to do, I would check to see if there are any staff on, first the experienced Ops, or VetOps. If there were no Ops/VetOps, I would see for any other staff (Controllers or Directors) to see if they were on to help me with the issue. If there were absolutely no other staff within reach, I would try to tackle the situation head on, keeping my cool and thinking of all possible solutions that could fix the issue.
What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
Rituals of Fire Operator (2 months and 1 day, resigned due to real life issues that have now been resolved and will not happen again)
References:
FrenchSanta12
Biblius
Forseti
63LittlePiggy63

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Yes. Your first (and it better not be last) time as an operator, you were a budding flower, and while growing you were suddenly chopped down because of those issues. I could say a lot more, but all that needs to be said is: there's no reason not to accept this, and if I could I'd just promote you on the spot, but I can't.. so, have a +1 instead! I'm very hopeful to see you back where you belong! : )

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Forseti!

Edit: Also, I was editing Forseti in (was talking to him on skype about it) and there were some issues with the colouration and the spacing. I don't know exactly what happened, so I'm terribly sorry for that!

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Coolio is someone with a long and dedicated commitment to Rituals of Fire. This is her 4th application for the rank of Operator. While her original two apps were denied, she showed a great deal of commitment by applying a third time, for which she was rewarded with her application being accepted. As some of us know, however, life went south rather quickly with your Minecraft account being hacked right before your computer and your arm got broken. (separate incidents) And through this all, with so many things going wrong, you've returned back to Rituals of Fire and are here applying for staff for the 4th time. And I know for a fact that it takes a lot for anyone to apply to staff on the same server 4 seperate times. It's not easy to reapply for a rank you've lost or been denied for, believe me when I say I understand. It's humiliating, and it takes a ton of effort and commitment to get up and try again. I'm honestly still trying to comprehend how someone could show enough dedication to keep coming back and offering to help people.

There are drawbacks, as with all applicants. Coolio doesn't have a lot of great experience with staffing, but it's healthy and definitely useful to have non-veteran staff. I'd also say that commitment and passion go a lot farther than experience alone and, well, I'd say Coolio has that aspect down. I honestly don't even think Coolio needs to go on trial, but that's not exactly my call to make. To make a long story short, Coolio has gone above and beyond in showing her commitment to this server.

+1

D

DarkHender

I think youre a wonderful person Coolio, and as I said before on your third application, you have a magnificent amount of determination that I admire, I believe its one of your best qualities.

Now, I remember not having many problems with you when you were staff, I think you did a very nice job even as you're new to staffing.
But... I have sadly, not seen you on the server enough.
I must be missing you since you have 11 hours of on time this week.

But, I have to go with a 0 due to our timezones and my lack of staying up late to see you, good luck with the rest of your application Coolio.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I have waited for this so long. I honestly think you were one of the friendliest operators. You have a nice and sweet vibe when you operate. I see you a lot on the server, very helpful and kind to others. Also a big plus is that your time zone is GMT+8 which we really need. +1

Reactions: Forseti and Henry

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay so I have been thinking this over for a while and have come to my decision on it. You are a great player and when I was staffing with you it was great. Yes, you do have times where you are unsure about yourself which causes you to doubt your actions. But trust that you are doing the right thing or just talk to a fellow staffer if you are worried or confused, which you have been doing, I applaud you for it. So from me you can take a +1

Reactions: FrenchSanta12
Status
Not open for further replies.