• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Empires of the Fading Sun: A Blocktopia RPG Adventure

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
((JK rolled a critical off-thread))

(( You know it to be a controlling device, used before on your kind by the Illothorians. Without a strong mind, the person wearing it will quickly succumb to slavery. ))

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
The Goliath, Brand knew there was something wrong with him. No Goliath, no, that isn't true. No man, human or beast, is ever so pleasant here; not unless they have a trick up their sleeve...
Brands eyes grow wide at the sight of device, and a harsh chill flows throughout his very being.
He will not go back.
Not again.

Not to that fate.
"You bastard." Brand grunts.
Brand breaks into a dash to avoid the Goliath's swing, the Goliath too weak to follow through in his swing to plant the device.

Brand roars: "You will not control me. This. Is. OVER!"
... He swings.

((Rolled a 7 to dodge, a success. Rolled a 3 for perception as DK said, which is luckily a crit!, and a 10 for an attack roll, so it should be a hit until DK rolls for defense himself.))

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Sulayman again throws away Brand's punch. It has come predictable for him to expect.

But after a moment, the crowd realized that Sulayman brought in an illegal weapon. Nothing was to be brought in to this fight but the clothes on your back, the fact that he attempted to use it automatically disqualifies him. Shouts erupt from the crowd:

"He's usin an illegal weapon tha is!"
"Cheater!"

The referee begins moving toward Sulayman, attempting to stop him. Sulayman moves a few yards away and with one arm pushes him down. He returns to face the Forged.

"You have proven yourself difficult for me to acquire. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that I failed to subdue a creature as old as time."

The man in purple who was announcing the fight earlier stands and addresses Sulayman.

"This fight is over Goliath! You have broken the rules of this club, and are disqualified from this match and from future matches henceforth! Turn over your weapon an---"

At that point he found a crossbow poking into his mouth. A light skinned male draped in a dark green cloak is holding it, his eyes unwavering as he looks to the announcer.

A dark-skinned half-orc creature emerges by the stairs. The orc is marked by a strong underbite. He wears thick leather armor and has a thick upper body to go with it. The creature stands a good foot over the crowd, and as the crowd finally notices the thing looming behind them, panic ensues, which causes the crowd to disperse up the stairs.

A shadowy figure to the right of Faust stops leaning on the bar and stands up. The human retrieves two knives from his side and with a smug look begins to approach the fighting ring.

A blonde elf with striking facial features jumps onto the far wall, squatting with her knees bent. Her hair is rather dirty looking for an elf, but it has a good color. She holds her deep blood-red Esh shortbow facing down towards the ground.

Finally, a middle aged man steps onto the viewing stands with the announcer and the crossbowman. He has white hair, except for his peppered black and white facial hair. He wears white cloth armor and a white cloak, and looks rather majestic and carries an air of authority with him.

"Hold still," The old man says to Brand. "We do not wish to harm you. We wish to protect you."

(( ReyvnNova . You can pretty much join in again. ))

Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Brand will most likely begin slowly creeping backward towards the combatants room on the opposite side of the arena, darting a glance across the room at each of his assailants in the process, but always keeping the Goliath somewhat in his sights.
Seeing the man in white, Brand will sneer, all the while curling his hand into a fist.

"I do not take kindly to this, fleshman." He will say in a deep, guttural growl. "Tell me now, who do you be, and by what insanity has it been inflicted on you that you wish to do with me. For I swear, should I find that you be working with this... filthy... Goliath, by any means, I swear by it that I will kill you."

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
The leader laughs at your comment. "Ha! Filthy Goliath you say? Tell that to the High Queen of the Mountains, the one who brought him into this world."

The old man leans casually and confidently over the podium as he speaks with you through a grin, revealing his pearly white teeth.

"Before you attempt to kill me, which I may remind you that with all of us here... surrounding you... (he moves his finger about, pointing it to each person) it would be quite foolish for you to do so, so please allow me to make introductions first. You asked me my name. I am Sir Darren, Knight of Eraguard. But I do not come to you today representing any sort of Knight Brotherhood.... no, I represent a company of men and women, from all walks of life, known as the Coterie. Our sole purpose is to thwart those who seek to bring harm to this world, and our members have been protecting Aelor for several centuries and we will continue to do so for the end of our days."

Now Sir Darren bows his head, his eyes closed as he speaks.

"Unfortunately for you, you have been targeted by a dangerous group. You have been chosen by them to be their tool... for something... devious...... You pose too much a risk for us, and for this we must take you into custody before we decide what to do with you. I am sorry.... but you deserved to know this before we placed you back into your bonds."

((Edited: Wording)).

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
(Alright, against my earlier and probably better judgement, I'm just going to roll with my ego and make some chaos!)

I rolled exactly 10.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
(( I forgot to apply for penalties for attempting to hit the head, for some reason, but I'll give it to you anyways :p ))

The bottle cracks and splits open on his left cheek bone, doing some skin damage and temporarily dazing him. The contents spill on his face, clothes, and floor. He turns to his left and faces you pointing at you groggily. Everyone heard kerplunk, and everyone now notices you.

"Thar's the litlllle rascaaaal, le get em bo-" *plunk*

The guy falls face first and lies unconscious to the floor. That was some strong sleeping powder they put in there!

Sir Darren calls to the orc. "Get him!"

Reactions: ReyvnNova

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
(How far am I allowed to move on the map? I would like to try to get behind the bar. I also just realised I don't exactly have the best weapon for this situation ^^;)

JKangaroo

Reaction score
(( Edit: JKangaroo Did you want to respond to anything Sir Darren said, or do you want to reengage in combat? ))
((I do but first I want to know how close to the arena-door in the pit I can get to during this whole thing since I said Brand was slowly creeping toward that door, before the bottle was thrown by Rey))

Also, seeing as Brand was a slave, can you describe what being a slave was? Such as if Brand would still have ability to think freely and actions but forced to protect and serve and never disobey the masters of such a device but still be able to, I don't know, have that "freedom" to like, swear or complain or SOMETHING, or is it like a type of slavery where it's like "locked-down" where he's almost like a mindless servant or something like that, or maybe some other kinds of slavery?-- I don't know.

Also does Brand know a way to possibly, destroy the device before it can be attached to him should it come to that?

Just wondering seeing as Brand should know these things as a character--- or at least some of these--- well maybe none of those things... But still! It's a clarification of the lore!))

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
(( Sorry for the late reply, the power has been going on and off at my house due to storms.

But anyways. Sorry, I forgot to move you, and also there isn't a door to exit the arena. To exit it it, you find a space of wall that is empty on the other side and then you will spend 2 movement squares to hop over the wall.

I wouldn't say a mindless servant no. The effects that he could feel could inhibit his thinking, making his mind cloudy and disoriented. He would perform his actions when commanded, but he would suffer from blackouts that have made him lose some memories of himself working. I imagine the effects could be like suffering from heat exhaustion, a sort of headache and mental exhaustion that would inhibit his free-thinking mind. So again, he was technically "free thinking", but the side-effects of the controller made it hard to do so at times.

He doesn't really know of a precise way to destroy it, but he's seen instances of some other Forged's controllers break from heavy impacts.

Edit: Tagging you so you hopefully get an alert JKangaroo ))

• Informative
Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Reaction score
((Danke for the poke, needed it.
I've been trying to think of something to write for a few hours now, but I really can't concentrate so I may not make sense/etc. Oh well, I'll just put a little something.))

Brand will scoff, eyeing Sir Darren.
"Ha. You certainly do make a first impression, truly, pulling such an event in the public eye. I'm surprised by your methods, really; for what seems like such a "delicate" matter, you certainly have no qualms in holding yourselves to secrecy; it must garner some unwanted attention, no? No subtle approach, no diplomatic actions, just such a blunt course of action. Hmph, for such "great" defenders of the land, I must say your choice of action is truly...
...disappointing."

A flash of anger will cross Brands face.
"The Forged are a broken people in any case, living the last of whatever pitiful lives we were left with for the millennia we remain waking, yet even still we remain strong in our own right. Even alone a Forged can stand up to twice his number, and I will not stand by and act in being nothing more than a tool, not for you, nor for any party."

Brand will curl his fists and sneer.
"...I will not go lightly.
And even should I fall, I will never go as a slave to the likes of you; I will leave this place in chains, or not at all.
I can assure you of that."

((I was thinking of making a break for it after this as Rey threw the bottle but I think I may listen more to the man. Also my headache cleared as I almost finished this, might've just needed this to get it off me. \o/ Also any word on Duffie? :c))

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
(( Seems Duffie hasn't been on since the 3rd of August. ))

At this point, over on the wall to the left of the arena, two figures figures have their face against the glass of a small foot tall window, watching the commotion below. They lie down on their bellies in a stone paved alley, wet and damp from the still falling rain. The one, a fairly attractive human male, Jacob Dale, smears the glass, clearing the dew for what seems like the millionth time tonight. The other, a grisly dwarf by the name of Bryant Abruzzese has his wineskin held in his mouth like a baby to a bottle, lazily guzzling down a sip every time his mouth gets the least bit dry. His eyes are glazed over, rather bored by this lack of action.

They have been sent by Marin to assist in shepherding Brand and Faust into the carriage transport that awaits them an alley away. It was supposed to be a clean job by the elf, but as evidenced by what they have seen down below, trouble seems to have appeared. But that's why Marin sent for these two trouble makers, as he knows they'll do whatever it takes to get the job done.

((uht, I know you probably have had work this weekend, so just post when you get some quality free time! But to start, give us a quick indication at what your characters look like, and begin some dialogue and roleplay your situation. ))

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Finally time to get into this, yeah!))

Jacob scowls at the turn of events, speaking in hushed dwarven to Bryant so as to not be overheard by passerbys in the street.
"So it seems I owe you a skin of wine my friend, the next tavern we come across I'll be sure to fill up your skin for you, though for sure, I thought the Goliath would last longer in hand to hand combat."

Jacob had bet that Sulayman would last at least 10 minutes in combat with Brand it seemed like it had not gone for that long though, now he owed Bryant a full skin of wine which he had to deliver to him at the next tavern. Jacob dearly hoped that Bryant wouldn't insist on making him pay for filling up his wine skin at this very tavern. They had a job to do after all and it just got a lot harder.

Jacob tries to change the subject away from their bet.
"It seems this Goliath had a bit more planned than just a brawl, I wonder who this other group of people are? What do you think Bryant?"

((Description of Jacob))
//Jacob is as said by Dk, he is an attractive human with black hair and a smile on his face that just seems to lighten the mood of any situation, or so Jacob would like to think at times. Although Jacob has spent a few years travelling now, mostly in the company of dwarves such as Bryant, he has yet to acquire any major facial wounds from his adventures leaving him quite handsome and approachable at this stage of his life.//

Reactions: DKnucklehead

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
((Hi! I'm here, late as always.))

Bryant, noticing he had just taken the last swig out of his skin, rolls onto his back to gaze at the sky while responding to Jacob's question.

"I don't know who they are, but if they are trying to enslave the Forged, Nothing good can come of this, Remember the incident in Fairport?"

About 30 seconds have passed from his last comment, and Bryant rolls back over, searching his grungy shirt pocket for any scraps of his smokin' tobacco. Unable to find any, he looks back into the basement of the bar to see if anything new has happened where something catches his eye.

Pointing through the window at the barrel across the room -
"I think you should pay your debt now Jacob, I bet you that's some good Grog there. Besides, I'm thinking the Forged may need a bit of help soon. What do you say, shall we go refill our skins?"

((Description of Bryant))
//Bryant is a dwarf, about 4' 4" in height, weighing around 150lbs. He has blue eyes and (short) wavy red Hair, something quite common for a dwarf of only 94 years. Bryant tends to spend his time traveling, mostly from bar to bar it seems, but he always finds a way to earn money, be it from little bar tricks, to winning brawls, to the occasional adventure - like those he's gone on with Jacob.
\\

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jacob silently curses, but then he shrugs it off, realizing he wouldn't mind a fresh skin of wine himself. Thinking about what Bryant had said about Fairport though, he realised they should interfere in this matter as soon as possible.
Turning his head to speak to Bryant once more
"Yes we should head in, fill up your skin on the way inside, with the commotion this lot is making we should be able to slip inside fairly unnoticed. Don't worry about the tab we can put it on Marin."
Jacob smiles at this last part, it was the least that Marin owed them, after all it would be no easy task to extract the Forged and Elf from this situation.

"That is of course unless you have another idea?"