Eggnog for Op 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
In-game username: - NogTrog
Staff references (Op+): - Biblius Danni122112 Terre936 77_is_the__beast asaechao
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): - BuildBox Operator, JtE Trusted, TNT Trusted, JtE Operator
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - Operators have many daily responsibilities on the server. They need to keep active and up to date on what is going on on the server, they need to be able to respond when a player needs help and do whatever is required of them in those situations, most importantly they need to be open to questions from players and have a strong knowledge of the playerbase to gain the respect of them, they also need to settle disputes and use their powers such as banning or kicking to keep the server civil.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: - I have a lot of experience with this position especially on SMP. Because of my experience with this rank I know many of the commands, staff, and players that I would be dealing with on a daily basis. I also have a lot of knowledge in building, including WE and VS so I feel I would be able to help a lot with events that require these skills.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - I would contact a staff member who knew how to deal with that situation and ask for his or her help. I would not try to solve the problem by myself if I had no understanding of it or I may mess it up even more.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - I would go above his head to an admin or director showing evidence of his actions in either logs or screenshots. I would not confront him directly as this would likely make the situation uglier then needed.
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - I occasionally jump into things without thinking. This in the past has affected my staffing performance. I will try to think through things more thoroughly to try to avoid making mistakes.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Where to start… Well I love sports, have since I was very young I play soccer , American football, and during the winter I ski, snowmachine, and hunt. I enjoy reading a good book now and then and when I’m not on minecraft I’m likely re-reading the hunger games series for the 8th time. I live in Alaska so most of the time its cold up here so I tend to spend a lot of time swimming during the winter. I suppose that’s about it.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - I would like to say thanks to my five references I appreciate your confidence in my ability to handle this position. Look forward to staffing with you all in the near future.
Thanks for reading!

-Nog

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
In Journey to Elysium NogTrog distinguished himself as someone who's active, friendly, and familiar with the rules. He lead Crucia to become Elyisum's Second City, with a population of over 50 members. From his Trusted rank, he was promoted to Operator, where he served with distinction until he chose to resign towards the end of the server. At the onset of DoD, he did not apply for staff. I believe this is because he wished to gauge his interest and commitment to the server, a mature decision. After 1 month, you've decided to apply, with healthy support. I believe that you could work a little harder on helping people, but your experiences outweighs this heavily! I vote +1, best of luck.

• Thank You
Reactions: EggNog

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Great application and applicant. You bring experience and creativity to the staff team, and boy the experience I've had staffing with you provides me with more then enough knowledge to throw a +1 at you! You are the same person as you were on JtE, helpful whenever I have seen you and you indeed have quite a good bit of support. Cheers to you Nog, +1!

• Thank You

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
+1

NogTrog was quite an active staff member in JtE and PTNT. He is active in DoD, as well. He's pretty mature and I occasionally enjoy talking with him. Having experiences with him in the past, I thought he was a great person and I still think he is.

• Thank You

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
I believe Nogtrog has the potentiality to become a good DoD Operator and has gotten great feedback on this application already. However, I feel I have not seen him enough on the server and standing out on this SMP.

Definitely has potential but going to have to go with a 0 for the reason stated above.

• Informative

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Great staff on JtE. NogTrog has great potential, to live up (or perhaps exceed) hes JtE days. Has the experience, maturity, and activeness. +1!

• Thank You

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've thought about this, on one hand our timezones don't match so well, so I haven't seen you very much at all, on the other hand the times that I have seen you, you have been helpful and have shown a great deal of maturity. You also have a good deal of experience previously staffing SMP which is nice to see.
EDIT: I've seen you a fair bit more now and I'm pleased to say that you have been very helpful and quick to help others while I'm online.

Last edited:
  • Love

Terre936

Reaction score
Nog, you are an amazing player to talk with. I remember you as a staff member on PTNT and JtE, and you were very helpful. On DoD, I see you standing out with helping out people with their questions, etc. I'd like to see your activity go up a bit, but that shouldn't be much of a problem to you, I'm sure you are capable of this. +1

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.