Editting rule 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikumaru

Reaction score
now rule 8 says that you cant have a jump thats more than 2 blocks. Well cant we have 3 by 0 jumps. beacause they are possiable and easyer than 2 by 2 jumps.
3 by 0 jumps would be good so that when you reach the skylimit you arn't doomed when a zombie reaches he 2 by 0 jumps beacuse you can then use 3 by 0 jumps. it would have to be used modrely like 2 by 2 jumps, something like 40% or 50%

Pros: Harder for zombies to reach you.
Can be used for more stracgic gameplay.

Cons: Can unbalence gameplay.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
well. imagine this.
Human: i can do only do 50% 2x1s? and only 50% 3x0s? ok ill do half and half!
Zombie: hey this isnt fair these are all VERY hard jumps D:

but yah it would just make it even worse for new players and even veterans.

LetterP

The 16th
Reaction score
As Darth stated, 3x0 jumps were allowed for a short amount of time and they were spammed a lot. Even if we tell players that they are only allowed in moderation, they probably still will be spammed like the 2x1's sometimes do. I don't want 3x0 jumps added because it's a very hard jump to make.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
So for the ideal gameplay would be making a course and surviving standing there the whole time?
The point of a jump course is to get some time passed by and that you have to run shorter, not to easily (yes, easily because you only make 2 jumps and then make it bigger) build a course and stand on there and survive. Honestly I find 2-1 jumps already too much since most of the playerbase can't make it without placing a block, allowing 3 jumps will only make it worse.

Also, what you consider as a 'pro' I would see as a con, because making it even harder will, indeed, as you say ruin the gameplay, the making it harder for zombies to do the course is the cause of the worse gameplay.

Again, jumping courses isn't exactly a surviving method like hiding because making a course takes no skill and you shouldn't be able to survive every round just by easily making a hard course.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
This has been tested all throughout the life of the zombie server. The answer has always been the abuse of 3 space jumps break gameplay.

JtTorso

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that makes me wish jump courses were banned, I've seen ones built to be challenging, and the creative use of them, and I no longer see that, I see 2x1 jump abuse and other nonsense, despite my love for a good jump course I've almost jumped (see what I did thar?) on the ban-jump-courses-wagon.

When ever we make a jump illegal a new one is made to crawl it's way barley around the rules, 2x1 really pushes it, and making a 3x0 would just kill the fun. No.

Kuyajer

Tyoping Legned
Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that makes me wish jump courses were banned, I've seen ones built to be challenging, and the creative use of them, and I no longer see that, I see 2x1 jump abuse and other nonsense, despite my love for a good jump course I've almost jumped (see what I did thar?) on the ban-jump-courses-wagon.

When ever we make a jump illegal a new one is made to crawl it's way barley around the rules, 2x1 really pushes it, and making a 3x0 would just kill the fun. No.
Don't you remember when we had unlimited blocks, and Airkid(dat piggy) and his courses?I agree, it would be pushing it too far, 2x1's are hard enough as is.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
By the way, 3 by -1 jumps are allowed (That's 4 blocks forward and 1 block Down - 4 blocks as in, 3 spaces and 1 block to jump onto).

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
By the way, 3 by -1 jumps are allowed (That's 4 blocks forward and 1 block Down - 4 blocks as in, 3 spaces and 1 block to jump onto).
Be careful how you word that, because this would only be true if its descending. Its impossible ascending. Its all on the perspective where you are at on the course.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Be careful how you word that, because this would only be true if its descending. Its impossible ascending. Its all on the perspective where you are at on the course.
A 3 block jump going down is like a 2 block jump going straight, It's very easy, But a 3 block jump going forward.. Is actually kind of easy, You just have to jump from Corner to corner and you'll make it.. The reason most people fail at doing 3 block jumps is because they jump to early.. Or too late.

I've made a map on Erikkruchten's build server named "Jumpcourse" - Feel free to go there and train at jump courses.. Only go in "Hard" if you know you are good at 2x1 and 3x0 as Hard is purposely made with almost all jumps 2x1 as in Zombie, That's what people do, lol.

2x1 Jumps - Jump from corner to corner, It makes it much easier.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
A 3 block jump going down is like a 2 block jump going straight, It's very easy, But a 3 block jump going forward.. Is actually kind of easy, You just have to jump from Corner to corner and you'll make it.. The reason most people fail at doing 3 block jumps is because they jump to early.. Or too late.

I've made a map on Erikkruchten's build server named "Jumpcourse" - Feel free to go there and train at jump courses.. Only go in "Hard" if you know you are good at 2x1 and 3x0 as Hard is purposely made with almost all jumps 2x1 as in Zombie, That's what people do, lol.

Sir, 3 over 1 up ( which is what we are talking about) is an impossible jump if you are on the lower block trying to jump to the higher block. Its only possible if you are jumping from higher to the lower and even then thats a 2.5 jump.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sir, 3 over 1 up ( which is what we are talking about) is an impossible jump if you are on the lower block trying to jump to the higher block. Its only possible if you are jumping from higher to the lower and even then thats a 2.5 jump.
I know, But you're the only one that said 3x1 block.. Everyone else is talking about 2x1 and 3x0, I mentioned 3x-1 which is going down.. o,o

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Yes and a 3x-1 is still a 3 over 1, and thats my point - They aren't very reliable. I don't want someone to read your post and think, oh I can make a 3 over 1 and be legal.

Summer10

Reaction score

Double post much?

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Guys, stop arguing about 3x1s and 3x-1s. This is about 3 block jumps and 2x1s generally.

As for my opinion, I'm not even sure if I want 2x1s to be legal anymore. It just makes courses hard and lets you survive on them; it doesn't make them creative or fun. 3 block jumps would just be stupid. Speaking of creative courses, I know how to create a few creative jumps, but they lose their creativity if they aren't adminiumed.

M

Myst

It just makes courses not doable in one try for almost all players and lets you survive for a short amount of time (and also consistently with any decent and easy to find hiding spot which can be escaped from) on them; it makes them a fair survival option ( don't hate on runners) in the first place since standardized physics was introduced.
FTFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.