Editing and adding commands.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
ok so i was thinking about some commands and why they are and arent. heres what they are and why.

/runner: i do now get this but still it could be called something a bit more obvious for zombies/humans. could it not be /blocks? also the /help on that seems messed up.

/kills: why dont we have a command like this, is it to hard to code? it could be to tell a player how many kills they have that round incase they did not notice when they got the kill.

/unreachable: or a variation of this. sometimes for ops someone saying someone else is unreachable can get swamped in all the other chat. /unreachable could notify the ops in opchat that someone is unreachable and to check them. i know this is a long shot because it could be abused but i will still put it out there.

if you guys have any other suggestions for commands feel free to post them here so we can have them all in one spot.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The 3rd one is probably the must usefull, I'd like for /runner to halve your blocks.. So that when you hit 35 blocks left you cannot put down anymore blocks.. That way you can achieve runner without having to Monitor it.

You could just use /nobuild though right?

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
/unreachable wouldn't be worth it because:

a) as you've pointed out, abuse
b) while a chat line saying "unreachable here!" is easily lost, so is a message from the game saying the same thing and regardless, most of the time an OP will see and listen if you say it

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
/unreachable wouldn't be worth it because:

a) as you've pointed out, abuse
b) while a chat line saying "unreachable here!" is easily lost, so is a message from the game saying the same thing and regardless, most of the time an OP will see and listen if you say it
Or it could ping an Op that is on the server and the Trusted+ Zombie IRC channel for Blocktopia, By sending them a message saying "Unreachable player, Teleport to me!".. That would be quite useful.. But once again, People would abuse.

But don't forget not many people try to abuse flaws these days so It'd only be every now and then.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Or it could ping an Op that is on the server and the Trusted+ Zombie IRC channel for Blocktopia, By sending them a message saying "Unreachable player, Teleport to me!".. That would be quite useful.. But once again, People would abuse.

But don't forget not many people try to abuse flaws these days so It'd only be every now and then.
*Ping an Op*
OMG UNREACHABLE!!!
Ping ping ping
That's not unreachable.
Oh....

Plus, I don't think it could send a message to people in IRC. Just the server.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
For #3 - Type this: # <playernamehere> is unreachable. It will go to op chat. Only use op chat for contacting ops about rule breakers or other emergencies.

Emues7

Uranus
Reaction score
Of course, some of our immature players may find it amusing to spam the /unreachable command.
I personally do not think the first command is necessary, as the p,Ayer is given regular updates about the number of blocks they have left anyway, but it my be an idea to suggest it in an auto-/say (e.g. A message of text that appears in the text every so and so minutes.
The second one may be useful.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Of course, some of our immature players may find it amusing to spam the /unreachable command.
I personally do not think the first command is necessary, as the player is given regular updates about the number of blocks they have left anyway, but it my be an idea to suggest it in an auto-/say (e.g. A message of text that appears in the text every so and so minutes.
The second one may be useful.
Fixed a spelling for you :>