Dusk Of Discordia Discussion Thread

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
lets discuss things that haven't happened yet!

So hows abouts that 2016 election rite? aren't those some intrestin' results.
Hillary Clinton was a awful choice.

But the remnants of her brain being put into a Roomba was a very good last minute fix after that botched nose job.

Morphalias

Reaction score
What exactly will the purpose of the server be? I've heard it's full on PvE from some people & full on PvP from others.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What exactly will the purpose of the server be? I've heard it's full on PvE from some people & full on PvP from others.
It's not either one of them. It's basically a regular SMP server, with some additional plugins to enchance the gameplay and add new, interesting elements to it. It's mostly PvP, for example, the wilderness is completely PvP. Inside certain areas, however, PvP will be disabled, leaving only the PvE aspect.
The server also puts some emphasis on clans, which players can create by themselves. Villages, as they're called, are also the only way for regular players to convert some wilderness into a PvE area.

All in all, it's largely what you make of it yourself. Aside from occasional PvPrs on your tail, it should be more than possible to play only PvE, but, if you like PvP then there's nothing stopping you from chasing down players to kill for loot.

A few things to note: the server isn't released yet, it will be released after Bukkit is updated for 1.7, and when you start playing here, make sure to read the rules :3

Reactions: Morphalias

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Until people get enough Topians for villages, it's All-PvP.

But until then;

FIRE THE CANNONS.

:bomb:

I prefer something stronger than cannons

Here goes PvPrs :3

Also there are 32 settlement threads o.o

Faliara

Reaction score

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Since this seems like an apt place to put it, here's the conclusion of the wizard's tower from JtE.

Silence. It had become the norm in the tower. A once bustling hub of excitement and learning, left as a shell, derilict and unused. The pink wizard sighed. Maybe going on holiday to the primal empire was a poorly timed. Brushing the dust off what remained of his desk, he sat down, summoning a cup of tea to the side of his suitcase. Gingerly picking it up, he sighed, placed it without consuming a drop, and walked to the window.

He caught a reflection from behin him. The pink wizard had anticipated this. He had seen it in the tea leaves. Bloody good use they were now.

"Sir, it's good to see your return. We have some... news."
"It best be important news, Overseer."

Uuthrum glanced at the ceiling. Dust was slowly drifting from above. Must be silverfish, again, he thought to himself.

"Well, there's no way of putting this nicely, sir, but Daniel..." "Oh by Primus' kidneys, not that one again?" "Yes sir, he's gone and scared everyone." "Meaning?" Uuthrum knew what to say. He knew the prophecy had been completed. "The first pilgrimage to Elysium is complete. Most of our allies have fled to the floating lands. This continent is no longer safe."

The pink wizard pressed his hands on the window, staring to the south. "Do you see the wall, Uuthrum?" "Yes sir." "My anecestors aided in the construction of the wall. Your anecestors gave their part to it too. Are you suggesting we leave here in hope of finding a new land without chaos?"

"Well, sir," Uuthrum looked up again. It was strange, he could have sworn he destroyed the silverfish spawner in the attic, "Many of the people have fled to Discordia. Maybe we should, how could I put this, move there ourselves." "Nonsense, Overseer. The weather there is not advantageous, the auras grow weak over there. The damp alone would be satisfactory to destroy all texts we hold in our library."

More dust, and a hiss. Uuthrum could not keep his attention off of this strange occurence.

"No, we must remain here. I swore to my father that I would remain in this land until my work on this plane was done. The final task is not complete. Inform the students, the Bursar and the Governer that we shall remain here."
"About that, sir. We're the only two left. And to be honest, I died two years ago. My skeleton's still awaiting burial in the tomb." The pink wizard stared dumbfounded, "Then why did I see a student running around with Dynamite earlier?"

An ear rupturing explosion appeared from what seemed like nowhere. Before a word could be said, the tower was turned to rubble for the 39th time in it's long existence.

The pink wizard stood up, his robes now a shade of black complimenting the exposed charred skin and burned hair.

"Overseer?"
"Yes sir?"
"You know what, I've heard the kingdom of Discordia has lovely weather at this time of year. Perfect for damping explosives. I suggest we take the college on holiday."

THE END

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think of it:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/409992167680380928 (tweet about locked chests)
It "may" be in 1.8.

(guys in village = stuff in locked chest, even without dirt, guy running outside = chest without dirt and lock).
I think, that there may be plugin to control this feature.

Sorry for not having a reference for this, but somewhere (I believe on reddit) Jeb said he intends for this feature to be in adventure mode only, not creative or survival.

EDIT: Top comment is Jeb's: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1sgkec/twitter_jeb_a_way_to_lockprotect/

• Informative
Reactions: Notme