Dubbing Geographics?

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful to name a lot of the geographic features in our land of Primus. I'm pretty sure this will come in handy later on when we want to make more official maps, wiki pages, lore articles, etc. and of course will aid communication as well c:

I've made a sort of general map, so i'd suppose you just throw in suggestions for the different features here, or point out anything I might have missed (I've got it saved as a photoshop file, so it's quite easy to make quick edits ^^)

ISLANDS
1: Mount Primus?
2: Hubwise Island
3: Aelton Island
4: Temprae Island
5:Olydia Island
6**: Salamangka Island
7*: The Wilderness
*technically more of a continent/large land thing, but put in here for sake of simplicity. also, awkwardly not labeled on the map. it's the large mass at the bottom.

**name should be wizard-y! mage's tower is located here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WATER FEATURES
1/RIVER:Edge River?
2/RIVER: The Winding River
3/RIVER: The Levo
4/STRAIGHT: The Needle's Eye
5/OCEAN: Sudland Ocean
6/OCEAN: Widdershins Sea
7/OCEAN: Parvian Sea
8/OCEAN: Ocean of Morokoa
9/GULF:Janther's Bay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOMES/MISCELLANEOUS
1/DESERT: Lorwynne Desert
2/DESERT:Olydia Desert/Salamangka Desert
3/DESERT:The Wild West?
4/PLAINS: Aznoth Plateau
5/PLAINS: Plains of Primus
6/FOREST: Olydia Forest
7/FOREST: Edge Forest?
8/MOUNTAINS: Tarboa Mountains/The Valley of Death
9/ARCHIPELAGO: Orbourn Archipelago
10/FOREST*: Morston Marsh
*cut off on my map due to size restraint. see livemap

I know, it's a pretty . . large . . list, but I think it will help a lot with organization. c: Also, you don't necessarily have to name specific ones. Just throw some names out there and I/someone else could probably assign them to specifics.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
YES. That's an awesome idea. I was beginning the exact same thing yesterday, but you've added the rivers and features too which I love! I'll upload my map when I get back from work (I was trying to make it look a bit like parchment, but I don't have access to PS). You might be able to do something better in PS with a layer as I'm a bit limited in Paint.net.

Also I commonly refer to this site to get names or suggestions for places. If you need some names to fill the gaps it's really good.

Reactions: Defiant_Blob

Wiggy

Reaction score
On Island 6 I am creating a wizard tower for Primus' mages. Could the desert be appropriately named?

Widdish

L♥VE
Reaction score
I like the name of Widdershins Sea. ;)

BIOMES/MISCELLANEOUS
For number 4, my suggestion would be to name it Aznoth Plateau.

Tyrx

Reaction score
It's a little excessive to be giving two separate names to the small islands (i.e 6/2 | 5/5 | 2/9) when they only have one biome on them. :unsure:

Widdish

L♥VE
Reaction score
More Suggestions...

Biome 2: Olydia Desert
Biome 7: Faldor Forests
Mountain 8: Tarboa Mountain
Plains 5: Plains Of Primus??

That's all I got for now.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Island 6: salamangka island (salamangka is fillipino for magic according to google translate :3)
River 2: The Winding River.
Mountains 8:The valley of death.

and widdish, widdershins is a term to mena "further inland from the hub" in the discworld novels :p

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
It's a little excessive to be giving two separate names to the small islands (i.e 6/2 | 5/5 | 2/9) when they only have one biome on them. :unsure:
Hm, I get what you're saying. Having 'Island X' with 'Desert X' would make sense for those small islands that contain one biome anyway. :p I'll add that to the list.

More Suggestions...

Biome 2: Olydia Desert
Biome 7: Faldor Forests
Mountain 8: Tarboa Mountain
Plains 5: Plains Of Primus??

That's all I got for now.
Island 6: salamangka island (salamangka is fillipino for magic according to google translate :3)
River 2: The Winding River.
Mountains 8:The valley of death.

and widdish, widdershins is a term to mena "further inland from the hub" in the discworld novels :p
Added, keeping in mind the corresponding names for Island 6/Desert 2 and Island 5/Forest 6.
Looks like we're going to have to choose between Olydia and Salamangka, I kind of like Salamangka more. Perhaps Olydia can be switched to the other pair (Island 5/Forest 6)?

Also remember as stated in this thread, we should try to avoid generic/primus-related names! (Mount Primus being the exception, of course, since afterall this is where the temples and such will be located)

p.s. LOOK AT ME I'M A TRENDSETTER

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Island 7: the wilderness (as it branches off into non-primus territory)
Forest 9/10 (on map for some reason :S): Morston Marsh (as it is part swamp)
Straight river 4: The Needle's Eye.
Island 4: Temprae

Widdish

L♥VE
Reaction score
Since I am Filipino myself, I don't mind having Salamangka as the name.

As for more suggestions....

Ocean 5: Janther's Bay
Ocean 7: Parvian Sea
Ocean 8: Ocean Of Morokoa

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
Island 7: the wilderness (as it branches off into non-primus territory)
Forest 9/10 (on map for some reason :S): Morston Marsh (as it is part swamp)
Straight river 4: The Needle's Eye.
Island 4: Temprae
Since I am Filipino myself, I don't mind having Salamangka as the name.

As for more suggestions....

Ocean 5: Janther's Bay
Ocean 7: Parvian Sea
Ocean 8: Ocean Of Morokoa
Added! Also fixed the key derp on #10

I also changed Janther's Bay to #9 since it made a little more sense :p

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
Could you add a towns section and add primus city and my little town? refer to my thread to see where my town is. the name is Paucis Ante and its to the right of #10.

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
Could you add a towns section and add primus city and my little town? refer to my thread to see where my town is. the name is Paucis Ante and its to the right of #10.
This wasn't made to be a very for everything, I just made it to name things that aren't named already. :P And since your town has a name and 'Primus City' is being decided on, there really isn't a need to include them

River 3: The Levo Stream (The Levo?)
Desert 3: The wild west.
River 1: Edge river.
Forest 7: Edge Forest.
Ocean 5: Sudland Ocean
Added! Though I don't know about having two things named 'Edge' :P And it seems a little weird naming it the wild west when it's sort of in the north-ish. o.O