DontFall

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Name of map: DontFall

Creator(s): Chillingworth, Jeff0521, Sravi, HypeBurst & ansoro2112.

Dimensions: 128x128x128 (bear with us on this one - read more below).

Round Time: 10 minutes.

Diggable depth of the map: Zero. Layer of lava on top and a layer of adminium underneath.

Physics: Off [none].

Which server did you build your map on?: Caznowl Freebuild and Map Making (stored under the map name chillingworth.1).

Number of secrets: Zero.

.lvl file: Needs to be obtained from Caznowl.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35285/zs_dontfall.dat
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35285/zs_dontfall.lvl

Thank you rawrmynameisrex!

Description of map: This running map is unlike any one you've ever experienced before. Covered in lava and fun little jump courses, it's a challenge to survive. Some things I want you guys to realize before you judge it:

I.) There are stepping stones under every series of jumps/spleef arenas. Therefore you will never be stuck in lava without a way to get back to running. If you fall in lava, it should take you little to no time to get back up on a course (provided a zombie isn't after you ;)).

II.) This map doesn't encompass the whole 128x128x128. You cannot get inside the large castle at the back corner of the map, and cannot build upwards. Therefore, the map cannot be actually considered a 128x128x128 map.

III.) Every single piece of lava on the map is op_lava. You cannot place/spleef any lava blocks anywhere on the map - but you won't need to due to the fact that the nearest stepping stone isn't far away wherever you are. Same goes for air - every block is op_air (preventing jump course cheating and making your own courses).

IV.) If you don't like how the map looks from the screenshots, go to Caznowl and /g chillingworth.1 - I guarantee you'll change your mind.

Screenshots of map:
Overview of the map floating above spawn. Notice the castle in the back. You cannot get in there.

A more overhead view, showing you all three spleef arenas and the large multitude of running options.

This is a perfect example of just how multilayered this map is. There's always multiple directions to run in. Also notice the stepping stones in the lava - you won't get stuck for ages.

Here I am, standing on a stepping stone. Notice how I have three choices as to where to go.

Another great view of a spleef arena. Notice the stepping stones beneath.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I'm fine with runner areas mixed in with a map, but as I've stated before I personally don't enjoy soul runner maps.

However, the map does look very neat and offers its own twist on running and parkour maps. I'm sure many people here will enjoy playing on it.

A concern would be that a 128* sized runner map will be a battle to play with a small amount of players, but will probably be fine for the most part.
+1

• Love
Reactions: Chillingworth