[Done] Server Upgrade this weekend

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Dear Blocktopians,

after two years of great service it is time to retire our current Dedicated Server (lovingly called "Bitch") and move to a new and sexy thing (lovingly called "MegaBitch").

Our current server isn't able to hold the demand of 5 servers and the players, which you might notice due to some bad crashes recently. MegaBitch though is in a whole new league, giving us endless resources of fun, and opens up the door for new and more and better Minecraft (and other?) servers.

Thing is, moving to a new server isn't just done by the press of a button. Unfortunately.

Update 2: Server migration finished, everything should work as before. Ideally. Maybe not. We will see!

Everything except the Forums and IRC will be affected (so no Teamspeak, no servers). Please be patient during that time, as I cannot estimate what might go wrong ;) Important: This is not the 1.6 update, we are upgrading the actual server everything is hosted on!

I want to take this moment also to thank our donors the last months, who enabled us to do the upgrade by being so gracious in their donations. Thank you!

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Woop, Thanks and Good luck. Hope it goes well and there are no problems for a (hopefully) speedy process. Can't wait to have the MegaBitch!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Okay... so I already saw multiple Directors, Admins, servers and forum coming in and going out.

Now host upgrade. Man I must be really old! :p

Anyway... technically if Bitch was average PC from 2000, then what MegaBitch's perfomance could be? Like average PC of 2010?

Kakeman ninjad. Nice hardware you got there, it would be ssssshame if sssssomething happened to it... :p

Reactions: Undefined User 7

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Okay... so I already saw multiple Directors, Admins, servers and forum coming in and going out.

Anyway... technically if Bitch was average PC from 2000, then what MegaBitch's perfomance could be? Like average PC of 2010?

Kakeman ninjad. Nice hardware you got there, it would be ssssshame if sssssomething happened to it... :p

Dedicated server hardware cannot be compared to consumer hardware.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Then to what performance difference [between our old and new box] of dedicated hardware can be compared to?
Is it like changing from cold war era fighter to F-16?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score

Then to what performance difference [between our old and new box] of dedicated hardware can be compared to?
Is it like changing from cold war era fighter to F-16?
It go from small stupid pc to big pc raxo.
small stupid pc no, big good pc yes.