[Done] Better spawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arxx

The drunk gentleman.
Reaction score
Hello, my fellow lavasurfers, I've come to you with a suggestion to improve the spawn areas of the lava survival maps.

Now, there was a similar idea, which got denied.
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/denied-safe-area.1195/
^That's the link to it.^

My idea, however, has nothing to do with actually expanding the size of the spawn area.
My idea is to make it safer. It's quite difficult to start playing, when the lava has already done its work, or when you join in the middle of the match. You just might find yourself rather confused and surrounded by evil scoundrels trying to push ye into the lava, off the spawn platform.

Now this could be simply fixed by adding small borders on the sides of the spawn platform, so the player has to jump over a little bump in order to get into the action. Here's the design for it.

As you can see, doing this doesn't require expanding the spawn area, it just adds small borders so helpless players wouldn't be murdered.

Just an idea.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Yes.

I would love to see all maps have spawns like this, or other forms of spawns that prevent people from pushing others into lava. The only problem I can see is spawns not fitting well into the map because of this, but that can be easily avoided with some creativity.

Reactions: 1 person

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
We've implemented this into a couple of our (the controllers) recent maps. I agree and think it should be a standard thing. I think we'll try and do it this weekend to every maps, I don't see any reason why it can't be done.

Pretty much, suggestion approved.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.