Donations and you... How we survive.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
This is a repost, done for great justice. We are currently approaching the halfway point for this month, and we are at the time of this <edit> at 100% of our donation goal! Thank you donors! <-- Link for more justice.

All follow content has been created by pick your poison, for which we thank him. And a BIG THANK YOU to all current and previous donators. You guys give us the lifeblood we need to keep this place running in this form. And I want you all to be aware that this is an awesome thing for which we don't often thank you enough. Thanks again. (More info about this also in the meeting recap of a few days before this post.)

On with the message!

Hey, let's have a talk about what donations are.​
We have a bunch of servers. Running them's not free, so we need money to survive.​
And that money comes from - you guessed it - donations by community members like you.​
Unfortunately, we have so few active donators I could count them on one hand and still be able to pick my nose with it.​
And that's where you come in. You can find the donation button down here - go ahead, it won't bite!​
We put all of our donations towards our servers - 100% of the money that's donated goes directly into running or improving them.​
And if we go over the donation goal, we just hold on to the money and spend it on next month's bill. Even if we've already got the current bill covered, you're still helping us out!​
Of course, it goes without saying that you shouldn't spend money on us if you need that money to help yourself survive. Advocating that would just be wrong. Swiping mom's credit card is also frowned upon, so don't do that.​
Thanks for your time! We hope you'll consider donating and helping us keep our community running smoothly!​

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Wait a minute... ALL the money go's to the servers?

What about Iguana's kidney transplant! Will we sit back and watch a poor lizard die, or SAVE him!

/serious

well, we got about half a month to get the rest :)

• Haha
Reactions: paceboys

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
I would get my dad to donate (and of course, pay him back) but right now, my family's in a crunch for money and many things in my house need to be repaired. :/
Needless to say, you and your family should always come first. Thank you for thinking about us, though. :)

Reactions: RMcraft

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
It's a repost from April's Donations thread.
I think he knew that, he's being sarcastic, lol.

I would donate if i could, also. Money's tight around here aswell, the 30$ i have in possesion is going towards my purchase of premium so i can play your servers :p How Ironic. But i'll definitely consider it for future months!

Wooffus

Reaction score
Just for the awesome infocomic (which I admit I am late seeing), that's another $10 from me in addition to what I already pledged last week. :)

Reactions: Dragosh

brandonn_c

Reaction score
I'd like to apologize for not donating, I'm 13 so I have no source of income, only what I am given for Christmas and my birthday. Also, money is tight around our house, because we just bought it, but next year I'll have a job so I'll definitely donate. <3 Blocktopia.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what exactly do the donations do? Like what costs arise from running a server?
We don't host our servers on just one of own computers, we have them hosted in largescale hosting facilities(can't think of the name of them at the moment). Those cost a certain (fairly large) amount of money every month.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I would want to donate but my parents don't trust online transaction especially Paypal...because we had credit fraud once. Someone used 10k and my dad had to cancel it.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what exactly do the donations do? Like what costs arise from running a server?
They help pay for a large amount of our cost. The costs from running a server 24 hours a day, every day of the year is just that. We rent private servers (two virtual ones, one dedicated one) that we run all our things on, and we rent a webhost that runs our forums, and needs money for bandwidth usage.

It's amazing that so many people think we run these things from home computers. That's not the way dedicated game servers work folks.

out of the 150 dollar in donations, we pay about 145 to our servers. the last 5 we save up. BUT! we pay in Euro's, so we have to pay to switch the dollars we ask for into euro's. That costs money, and the conversion rate changes daily. Usually for the worse with the current crisis for the Euro. Then paypal asks a bit of money for every transfer it makes. That too costs us a bit of money. So we usually have to put in some money ourselves, we also pay for the webhost and forum bandwith ourselves.