Do you think Spiders need a little Nerf?

Well, do you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EonLatias

Reaction score
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Monster killing is second nature to me by now o.o

Spiders: If you can, somewhat run walk backwards and attack while they come after you. Not always 100% effective, but once you get a hit on, jump in. They tend to get hit over and over once you get one in.

Zombies: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---- They almost always get a hit in. Get either one block higher or one block lower and spam jump-criting.

Creepers: Dash-hit. I hate how dash isn't always reliable though, sometimes lag doesn't let it work. Then BOOM.

Skeletons: Dash at them and dodge to the side when they shoot. Then once you dodge the first hit, try to jump-crit three times, and dead.

Adobewedge

Reaction score
Zombies are easy.... In an open area, I just drop a block in front of me and hit from the safety of that block. Zombie AI is to dumb half the time to jump or go around.

Spiders are dicks, stick to Steve sized doors.

Reaction score
Actually..... I think the problem is with the health!

The server doesn't really give me 51 hp as a level 3 warrior. It's more like 10 hp. Unless the hearts are 5hp per heart....

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff Monster killing is second nature to me by now o.o

Spiders: If you can, somewhat run walk backwards and attack while they come after you. Not always 100% effective, but once you get a hit on, jump in. They tend to get hit over and over once you get one in.

Zombies: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF---- They almost always get a hit in. Get either one block higher or one block lower and spam jump-criting.

Creepers: Dash-hit. I hate how dash isn't always reliable though, sometimes lag doesn't let it work. Then BOOM.

Skeletons: Dash at them and dodge to the side when they shoot. Then once you dodge the first hit, try to jump-crit three times, and dead.
Getting in real close helps, because then you can just hit them a bunch of times before they can even fire an arrow.

Or snipe them from far away (works with any mob).

Yoshi14

Reaction score
Skeletons tend to snipe me while I'm in mid sprint and running past them.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Zombies: Meh, annoying. As an archer, bows work, but as another class..

Use range, or you can stand still and spam left click and you might escape without damage. If you want fanciness, step back a block after every hit you get in.

Spiders: Keep moving backward while swinging your sword. Sure, they run faster than you, and they'll probably get a single hit in, but they're weak and easily killed compared to zombies.

Skeletons: Get in their face, then just start jumping around. You can dodge a few arrows like this. If you know he's gonna shoot, block quickly to halve the damage.

Creepers: Sprint + Attack, and repeat.

DJS0102

Reaction score
I'm an archer. Now, the first few posts were complaining about how archers and mages took to much damage. If you're an archer, why the hech would you let them get close enough to even touch you? I shoot something with poisonarrow 2 times and it drops dead. Keep on backing up!

Ahiya

Reaction score
Hey, as long as your hunger's full, no worries. When you start to worry is when 6 of them spawn right in front of you ( that has happened to me :confused:) If you see a Zombie, have fear. Those things are MURDERERS.
(Also, if you see a Enderman placing TnT, run. Aya, teh Head EnderconTROLLER. :p )
I've killed a zombie before unscathed, spiders i think have a more chance of actually hitting you.

Reaction score
The thread's derailing slowly but surely... if you don't have anything to add, then there's no need to post ;)

As for a tip to kill spiders/mobs. Water. It's much easier to kill any mobs with the use of water.

My technique is to swim a short gap of water, and stand on the shore line waiting for the mob. As all mobs are slower in water, I can easily hit them every-time they approach. I have a low FPS and this has worked great for me.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
The thread's derailing slowly but surely... if you don't have anything to add, then there's no need to post ;)

As for a tip to kill spiders/mobs. Water. It's much easier to kill any mobs with the use of water.

My technique is to swim a short gap of water, and stand on the shore line waiting for the mob. As all mobs are slower in water, I can easily hit them every-time they approach. I have a low FPS and this has worked great for me.
For melee mobs, if you dive underwater, they can't hit you.

Thank you Notch, <3 crappy mob AI. Gotta love zombies and spiders attempting to float up in a desperate attempt to get you while you're underwater.

Skeletons and creepers...

Well.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
I'm an archer. Now, the first few posts were complaining about how archers and mages took to much damage. If you're an archer, why the heck would you let them get close enough to even touch you? I shoot something with poisonarrow 2 times and it drops dead. Keep on backing up!
Because stone swords are more reliable than arrows a lot of the time =/

Also fix'd.

DJS0102

Reaction score
I read what Pie said.
lolpierandom said:
Skeletons and creepers...
Creepers will kill you a lot in the water. Don't destroy blocks (that doesn't matter on Primordia anyway) But they still pack a punch.
Ha my post FAILED

Chesti_

Reaction score
Seems strange how everyone keeps telling that zombies are hard. I find them to be the easiest opponents right after the creepers. I just go jumping 'n slashing towards 'em. Also about the spiders: they can hit you hard but just keep backing up when they are going to jump. Always try to face only one of them at time. The skellies seem to be the nastiest. When flankin' em they sometimes hit you with the arrow (due to lag since they aren't able to do that in SP). Only 2-3 shots can kill a mage/crafter/archer I think. As a warrior it takes something like 4 shots.