Different gamemode(s) for low pcount

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
So what I've noticed is that when there are less than 4 players online most of the gamemodes/maps become really unbalanced. Humans will completely dominate zombies and CTF is a one sided match 1v2 (1v1 is bit more enjoyable but still not great in CTF).
This is a pretty big deal because it sort of creates moments that (almost) nobody is online nor does someone want to log in. Most of the time when people slowly log off suddenly the last few do too as it's not super fun anymore with a small playercount online. Because there is nothing to do when you're alone it's also hard to get players on when nobody is on.
By making the game more enjoyable for when you're only with 2-3 online I think it can improve the stability of the playercount which could lead to more new people joining.

An option is adding a new gamemode based around dueling (or 1v1v1) in an interesting way for when the pcount drops below 4 players. At least disabling some then painful to play maps could already help.

If you have ideas or opinions please post them!

Terre936

Reaction score
well I guess this isn't a completely different gamemode but if it's possible...if there are less than 5 on we could have something called mini-maps like the one's on Classic TNT. they dont have the be all that amazing but i guess there could be mini maps made for each gamemode?

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_