RoF - Accepted Dessern's Application

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
What is your in-game name?
Dessern

What timezone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

How many hours have you played on the server for?
As of the moment I posted this I have a current 13 hours and 18 minutes. However I have an absurd amount of time from before the rollback

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
This fully depends on my work load for the week. However it should be able to range from 2 - 4 hours.

What prior staffing experience do you have?

Classic Zombie Trusted 13/1/12 -9/3/12
Classic Zombie Operator 9/3/12-17/10/12
Rituals of Fire Operator 16/11/12-4/5/13
Rituals of Fire VetOp 4/5/13-17/9/13
Rituals of Fire Controller 17/9/13-11/12/14
Army of Darkness Trusted 10/10/14-24/10/14
Army of Darkness Operator 24/10/14-11/12/14

What do you think the role entails?
Being an operator of the server entails ensuring the smooth running of the server at all times. This obviously includes but is not limited to the enforcing of rules at all times to ensure that the player-base is content and safe. Aside from just ensuring that the server runs smoothly at all times the Operators (or lead staff of the server) need to act as role models and guides for the newer players and potential future staff members. We aren't there to rule with an iron fist but are instead there to remind people of rules that need to be followed and if needed take action if those rules are broken.

Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staffer here (again) because it gives me the opportunity to make a difference in the players' experience on rof. If we didn't have staff members on the server it would be utter chaos and nobody would enjoy their time there at all. I want to be able to make it so that they do constantly enjoy their time at all times.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I not only bring a wealthy amount of experience to the table but I also bring a vert strong idea of unity and a sense of comradie and teamwork with all players. I feel like I can create an environment where it isn't just "Don't do this because I told you not to" but instead an environment in which "Hey you can't actually do that here because (etc) but you can do this instead"

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would use all the knowledge that I have of the situation to try and solve it by myself first. If I am not able to solve it on my own I would contact a higher up staff member and let them know all that I have attempted so that we can work together to try and fix the issue.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
Nothing that I can think of unless you want a full rundown of my life.

Please list your references:
WiiGoGetter
Wimali

IQD

superhalo6

Reaction score
Classic Zombie Trusted 13/1/12 -9/3/12
Classic Zombie Operator 9/3/12-17/10/12
Rituals of Fire Operator 16/11/12-4/5/13
Rituals of Fire VetOp 4/5/13-17/9/13
Rituals of Fire Controller 17/9/13-11/12/14
Army of Darkness Trusted 10/10/14-24/10/14
Army of Darkness Operator 24/10/14-11/12/14
Yeah, I'm afraid you are over qualified for this position, and I don't feel being a RoF Operator would provide you with satisification, considering the type of work you are used to judging from your previous experiences.

Anyway, with that out of the road, I am forced to give you this:

+1

[sup][sub]Welcome back Dess, I wish you the best of luck[/sub] [/sup]

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Well... Where to begin? I remember you quite clearly as RoF Controller, and you were excellent. I never saw what you did behind the scenes, but what I could see was nothing but stellar. As far as I've heard, you did a LOT behind the scenes back then. You were an amazing controller and I have no doubt that you will be an amazing Operator again too. You have a huge amount of experience, capability, friendliness, trustworthiness, dedication, ... the list goes on and on.

I would be extremely glad to have you back on the team. What I’ve seen of you so far—since your return—has been great. You’re helpful in chat and you’re your old friendly self. The only thing I’m worried about is your lack of knowledge. You’ve been gone for a long time and no doubt you’re rusty. A lot has changed since you were last active and you’ll need time to catch up to everything & to properly help players.

But this is not really even an issue, just a working point which will be solved naturally. In short, a very very very very big +1 from me.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Dess

Tamzies

Reaction score
Dess you and I go a long time back. You were there for the Operators of ROF, listened to us and cared. When we had something you would always fix it. The things you did combined with the fact how you were with players makes you in my eyes the best controller he had since I had joined RoF. You are the perfect package, players and workload. When you didn't get to be the boss, we as a Moderator team even came together and fought for you. I think that says it all, will never forget Dess's bitches. :')

You were the glue to the old team, when you left almost everyone left. We talked for hours and hours and still wouldn't be bored at the end. I would love to see you back as a staff and to enjoy you as a person again.

+1 from me. :)
BTW, I still have the OP boots you made...

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm relatively new here, so I haven't seen you as much (The only things I've heard about you are from Wimali), but from your application I can tell that you're mature and mostly responsible. You've been mostly helpful in-game, so it's a 0.5 from me. Good luck! (Or should I say congrats)

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I said before I don't like people waltzing in and trying to reclaim their spot as Mod. However, you have a very good ontime, and you're probably the most popular Controller in RoF's history, so fucc it. You're in.

Accepted

Reactions: Notme