[Denied] /rules ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Well recently a lot of people have been asking me things like: What is spam? What is grief?
So I thought we would make a /rules ?. Basically what it is, is the regular rules. But underneath it has a short definition. e.g. For rule 8 Do not spam the chat "Don't post random letters or type a word a line".
Anyway it's just a suggestion, discuss!
-CaramelCow

trngl3087

Reaction score
It's an operator's job to answer those questions. An answer written directly to the player from an operator shows that the staff is willing and prepared to help. A direct answer to these kind of questions is a lot better than just telling the player to type a command which may or may not answer their question adequately. It's sort of like if you told someone who asked 'what is ironman?' to type /help ironman.

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
When I read the post, I kinda was for it. But after reading trngl's post, I stick with his opinion. I mean, how are Trusted and players dedicated to show the staff that they are Trusted-worthy, supposed to help? They cannot teleport to fix grief, so 90% of helping is to answer newbies' questions, not just say type /rules ? and chat/play around as usual.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
Im going with what trngl said an operator's job is to answer questions this is just like my suggestion to add a rule 11 saying dont ask where lava is and they all told me its an ops job to answer the questions guests have

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Yes it's a good practice to explain things directly to the player when they have a question. But it's also good to have something to fall back on when you're the only op in the server. In Zombie Ops have access to additional variables ($ commands) that explain some of the basic and most frequently asked questions. That way if you're in the middle of something you can send the player a quick pm with the variable to answer their question.

It's fairly simple to add them, so while you wait to see if this gets approved you could try to come up with explanations for each.

Nato-Potato

The man in green
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
telling the player to use a command (not including telling a rule breaker to read the /rules of course) instead of answering? - no
using variables to answer the question quickly? - hell yes

We already have the varible $instruct which tells the user about the server, but we don't have that many 'informative' ones other than $instruct and i think $money, well, afaik

Based on my experience the most asked questions (other than 'wheres the lava?', 'can i has free cookies/lives plz?' and 'can someone invite me to secret?') are 'what are super cookies?' 'what is ironman?' and 'how do i become op/trusted/staff?'

$ironman - If ironman mode is activated the user will receive double the cookies at the end of the round if they haven't died, but if they die they lose all their lives and some cookies.

$scookies - Super cookies are special cookies that can be used at the /sstore, they are only usable by builders and higher ranks.

$trusted - to gain a staff rank you need to make an application at blocktopia.net/forum in the lava survival staff applications section, to make an app you need 2 staff references, also make sure you follow the template.

something along those lines would be great

Reactions: Notme

CaramelCow

Reaction score
@Nato-Potato Well that was along the lines of what I was asking for. I just wanted it to explain things. I am already happy to tell them what they are but it would be nice for some people to have it there just to help them. And also are those commands not exactly the same as /help -name of block/ command-?

Status
Not open for further replies.