[Denied] Make /lick a Master+ Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
If we don't get /lick simply because of a possible minor spam threat, then we might aswell not get any new commands, anything can be spamed if attempted. I've seen /roll spam /water and about a dozen others. I agree with araidian, as the only problem i see that we're running into is a minor possible spam threat. I'd like to get some head staff to look into this so im going to tag a few. WinX64 (developer) BrickWolf (HC) trngl3087 (Lava controller)
If any of you 3 are reading this, apologize if you didn't want to be tagged.

Reactions: Araidian

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I seem to remember /lick being taken away from ops due to spamming... take that however you wish.
Calfish mentioned this already
vvvvv
The lick command already got controller once becouse of the staff spamming, I wonder what would happen if we gave it to masters..
Then araidian responded with this:

That's a stereotype if I ever saw one :c

Plus guys, you are treating it like one day, every master will band together to hit /lick 20 times every second. Lick is a fun command with no purpose or anything. We already have commands like that and there hasn't been a problem. Personally in all my days on this server, I haven't met a single master who would use lick repeatedly. Since spam seems to be the only nail people are driving as a negative, I'd like to rule that out.

rawrmynameisrex Maybe not build quickly unless there was access to a /z. But thats for Vet-Ops for a reason.
But yes, Master needs some more commands XD

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Calfish mentioned this already
vvvvv

Then araidian responded with this:

ah didn't see that. I can see arguments from both sides of this, however. Hence why I said "take that however you wish" You can argue for reasoning to move it down to master or keep it at staff level. I'm too lazy to express how you can though, so I'll make you folks do the grunt work for it.

Arcius

Reaction score
Let me put this one way... Adv builders have the command /roll. Normally it doesn't get used often. But what normally happens with it is, if one of them uses it, a few others immediately use it. It's not just ONE person spamming it, it's a collective. And then it gets to the point where someone puts in a ridiculously big number, blah blah blah. Spam. I have to tell them to stop a majority of the times I've seen it used.

/lick would be very much the same way (of course, without the huge number portion), seeing as if somebody uses it, someone else would more than likely use it. I can also see certain masters logging on, seeing their friends are on a using /lick on every single last one of them. And this command would be used much more than /roll, seeing as it's even more pointless and effects other users. Also, there will always be the players who are like "LICK ME! LICK ME! SOMEBODY PLEASE LICK ME!" We already have those, in fact.

I haven't seen enough responsibility with the /roll command to warrant the use of /lick to players.

• Agree
Reactions: ColorWar

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I think the most spam would occur when a well-known person logged in, and every Master wants to greet them with /lick.
Thats possible, but i see staff do that also. It's not like it can't be controlled. To much spam, and you can warn them. Perhaps it might be a good reminder for the staff that overdue it, also. After awhile it would catch on.

Astro

Reaction score
I don't see the problem with this becoming a master's commands. The only thing that seems to be keeping this a trusted command is because the threat of a minor spam. I mean we have about 3 or 4 trusted, 11 operators, and 8 vetops whos responsibility is to make the server fun but within reason of the rules. I am pretty sure that 23 staff members (not including controllers/HC/HA) can handle the threat of a minor spam from the tiny amount of master's that still play the server. This is not a harmful or useful command its just a playful/fun command that will make the server more enjoyable for the people that have been here longer then most of the lower ranks.

trngl3087

Reaction score
...not sure why this thread is still going on. Calfish and Kevin basically summed up why it's not going to be changed.

If you would like to see more commands for the ranks, we're always open to new ideas. Commands like /highfive, /hug, /glomp, etc. are not going to be added; these things can easily be done with /me.

Astro

Reaction score
...not sure why this thread is still going on. Calfish and Kevin basically summed up why it's not going to be changed.

If you would like to see more commands for the ranks, we're always open to new ideas. Commands like /highfive, /hug, /glomp, etc. are not going to be added; these things can easily be done with /me.
Its still going on because i brought up a good point about the reason we have 23 staff members.

The obvious reason that people get ranked up to staff is because they have proven themselves that they want to and can handle the responsibility of making the server fun but within reason of the rules. Wouldn't you agree? I mean the people that are ranked master that haven't proven themselves responsible for trusted are few compared to the amount of guests, crafters and builders. So why no give them the fun command /lick? Is it because the few immature ones will spam it? But isn't that why there are 23 staff members? So they can force the immature ones to behave? Tell me if I am wrong but im pretty sure that is why servers like blocktopia have a staff system. So that people use the commands they are given maturely. Its not exactly right to strip the potential immature players to nothing. There are mature players within the immature ones. Wouldnt you agree? I mean it has been proven since you were probably a guest like all the other staff member.

If you add a new command that is the exact same thing as /lick that would be a waste of winx's time. I mean its much simpler to type /cmdset lick master then have to code another command into the game.

Well that's my long ass rant about that. I am going to go finally finish assassin creed revelation. cya

trngl3087

Reaction score

Astro

Reaction score
Obviously they learned there lesson because it is currently trusted. Plus i mean if a operator spams that I am pretty sure that is why we have ranks like VetOp, Controller, HC and HA so that the rank lower then theres behaves. Like i said before this whole minor spam debate can be dealt with if the 23+ staff members do there job in monitoring the maybe 1-3 immature masters that take this command as a way to spam the chat. Its not hard to type /warn to those people that do that. Ugg i don't feel like repeating myself. Everything that i will say past this point will pretty much be a less broader version of what i said before. Man i feel like im lecturing lol.

Now if you don't agree that the reason why we have 23 staff members is to monitor the immature players that abuse the commands they are given then I don't know what is.

ColorWar

Reaction score
Obviously they learned there lesson because it is currently trusted. Plus i mean if a operator spams that I am pretty sure that is why we have ranks like VetOp, Controller, HC and HA so that the rank lower then theres behaves. Like i said before this whole minor spam debate can be dealt with if the 23+ staff members do there job in monitoring the maybe 1-3 immature masters that take this command as a way to spam the chat. Its not hard to type /warn to those people that do that. Ugg i don't feel like repeating myself. Everything that i will say past this point will pretty much be a less broader version of what i said before. Man i feel like im lecturing lol.

Now if you don't agree that the reason why we have 23 staff members is to monitor the immature players that abuse the commands they are given then I don't know what is.
Well the thing is here... lick will definitely be spammed if seen from the perspective of Arcius's post, I too have seen my fair share of roll being spammed, but the thing is implementing /lick for masters to use, is seen more as a fun command which is not particularly useful, the punchline is that it is most likely going to cause more harm than good. Yes, we have 23 staff members that can monitor the immature players, but we are not here to babysit /lick, we deal with floods, griefs and try to keep the flow of the game running that is our job, of course there are a few warns about spam here and there.
I'm not saying we can't trust the masters with this command, and I'm sure there are many that won't spam and use it correctly, however as shown from many many of commands that have been changed are all due to a few bad apples spoiling the bunch :c,
I suggest that if /lick is implemented it must have a level of containment to reduce further problems in the future. Such as eventually getting removed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Well the thing is here... lick will definitely be spammed if seen from the perspective of Arcius's post, I too have seen my fair share of roll being spammed, but the thing is implementing /lick for masters to use, is seen more as a fun command which is not particularly useful, the punchline is that it is most likely going to cause more harm than good. Yes, we have 23 staff members that can monitor the immature players, but we are not here to babysit /lick, we deal with floods, griefs and try to keep the flow of the game running that is our job, of course there are a few warns about spam here and there.
I'm not saying we can't trust the masters with this command, and I'm sure there are many that won't spam and use it correctly, however as shown from many many of commands that have been changed are all due to a few bad apples spoiling the bunch :c,
I suggest that if /lick is implemented it must have a level of containment to reduce further problems in the future. Such as eventually getting removed.
It's true you shouldn't have to babysit the command, but spam is against the rules just as much as it griefs,floods,etc...

Still i understand where everyone is getting at. I would like a level of containment, atleast some type of limit on how many times you can do it in a round. I'm even willing to pay a cookie or two for it at this point.

We hardly have any masters on at a time anymore, but why do you think that is? Well, many tend to get bored after awhile. They'll play for a few months, buy out as much as they can off the super store, save up a mass amount of cookies and try everything there is to do ( which isn't alot ), but then what? The point is we need something new, something to liven up the place. This might just be a fun command, but it would raise the spirits of the old players out there that changes can be made. If you let those "few bad apples" ruin it for everyone, its going to get depressing. It's already happened with /lava. What Next?

Staff are staff because they are trusted to handle the rules and have a high level of maturity. There are stupid players out there, yes, but there needs to be a level of trust for the advanced players that have been around for so long. If not, then were rarely ever going to get any new commands. Not every master out there is fit to become staff, but we need something to keep us going. This can't be a game that only the staff will enjoy in the long run.

Sploorky's idea post about rearranging the commands available at different ranks was a good idea for the new players, it gives them something to work towards, but what about those that have already worked their way up?

I know this is slightly off topic, but its what needed to be said. If we don't get this command, then so be it. I just want something new. I hate seeing players i get to know real well leave, and i don't want to be another one that leaves after so long. The game is meant to have fun on, and thats exactly why i play. I just wanted to help improve it.

• Agree
Reactions: Astro

Sploorky

Reaction score
It's true you shouldn't have to babysit the command, but spam is against the rules just as much as it griefs,floods,etc...

Still i understand where everyone is getting at. I would like a level of containment, atleast some type of limit on how many times you can do it in a round. I'm even willing to pay a cookie or two for it at this point.

We hardly have any masters on at a time anymore, but why do you think that is? Well, many tend to get bored after awhile. They'll play for a few months, buy out as much as they can off the super store, save up a mass amount of cookies and try everything there is to do ( which isn't alot ), but then what? The point is we need something new, something to liven up the place. This might just be a fun command, but it would raise the spirits of the old players out there that changes can be made. If you let those "few bad apples" ruin it for everyone, its going to get depressing. It's already happened with /lava. What Next?

Staff are staff because they are trusted to handle the rules and have a high level of maturity. There are stupid players out there, yes, but there needs to be a level of trust for the advanced players that have been around for so long. If not, then were rarely ever going to get any new commands. Not every master out there is fit to become staff, but we need something to keep us going. This can't be a game that only the staff will enjoy in the long run.

Sploorky's idea post about rearranging the commands available at different ranks was a good idea for the new players, it gives them something to work towards, but what about those that have already worked their way up?

I know this is slightly off topic, but its what needed to be said. If we don't get this command, then so be it. I just want something new. I hate seeing players i get to know real well leave, and i don't want to be another one that leaves after so long. The game is meant to have fun on, and thats exactly why i play. I just wanted to help improve it.
I understand what you mean when you say people leave, I really do. However, if people leave because they get bored of the game, giving them /lick won't fix that. Even giving them an all new command won't fix that. Because sooner or later, /lick or a new command won't be new, it will just be the normal thing, and you're at the same problem. As for a couple of people spamming it, and being warned for it, I think the problem is much bigger then that. If we change /lick to master, there will be spam. Usually, it won't be purposeful spam, though. It will be somebody going overboard without thinking about it, or one person using the command, and then 10 others start to do it as well. Yes, we can warn them for it, but it won't really help, because they probably aren't doing it on purpose. It just gets out of hand, they don't mean for it to get out of hand, but it does. And it will never really stop, unless nobody uses the command at all, which would defeat the purpose of even making it master. I'm not saying this will happen every time /lick it used, but it would be a lot. In the end, no amount of commands given to somebody are going to make them want to stay if they are bored of the game. The only way you're going to enjoy the game after all this time is just for the pure reason of fun, not for the new commands that aren't new anymore in a week.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I understand what you mean when you say people leave, I really do. However, if people leave because they get bored of the game, giving them /lick won't fix that. Even giving them an all new command won't fix that. Because sooner or later, /lick or a new command won't be new, it will just be the normal thing, and you're at the same problem. As for a couple of people spamming it, and being warned for it, I think the problem is much bigger then that. If we change /lick to master, there will be spam. Usually, it won't be purposeful spam, though. It will be somebody going overboard without thinking about it, or one person using the command, and then 10 others start to do it as well. Yes, we can warn them for it, but it won't really help, because they probably aren't doing it on purpose. It just gets out of hand, they don't mean for it to get out of hand, but it does. And it will never really stop, unless nobody uses the command at all, which would defeat the purpose of even making it master. I'm not saying this will happen every time /lick it used, but it would be a lot. In the end, no amount of commands given to somebody are going to make them want to stay if they are bored of the game. The only way you're going to enjoy the game after all this time is just for the pure reason of fun, not for the new commands that aren't new anymore in a week.
Your right, /lick won't help the eventual boredom problem, and in the end fun should be the overall reason. If people leave, more people come in and replace them. Generation after generation. Its true adding commands won't keep us occupied forever but i just feel like we need something new. I havnt been around long, depite my rank, but i havn't seen many new changes since ive been here, and based off what other people have told me, there hasnt been a change in commands for a long time except for /lava being taken away. But don't worry! ;) personally, im not going to let it stop me from playing.

As for the spam thing, its true that we might have accidental spam, but, with all do respect, i've seen staff have the same problem. And they have to be remimnded every once an awhile. I think the same thing could be done with master, although i guess we can't know for sure that some will controll it like staff do. It would just be nice for masters to have some kind of fun gimmick command to enjoy. Anything else i say at this point will be a lesser version of what ive said in the past. Us masters would love a chance to atleast prove ourselves, but i understand if this gets denied. Either way i appreciate everybody's imput. This has become a huge topic.:):cool:

Astro

Reaction score
Lick is useless, why do you want it?
/lick is pretty useless, but the new commands that masters gain is very little. I believe this command wont make getting masters any more special, but it will defiantly be a first step to getting masters some fun commands.

ColorWar

Reaction score
Lick is useless, why do you want it?
/lick is pretty useless, but the new commands that masters gain is very little. I believe this command wont make getting masters any more special, but it will defiantly be a first step to getting masters some fun commands.
If that's the case doesn't that mean we should be discussing about another command for masters? not about licks. I've noticed increasingly, lately that players are using /me licked [insert playername here]. It kind of achieves the same purpose without the colours as aforementioned somewhere here in the thread. So yea... my opinion is kind of changed now as compared to my previous posts. I just think for Masters lick probably isn't the right command you guys want, cos as somebody else(I think sploorky) said; people will eventually get bored of it, and eventually it will become like a normal command. Why implement something new and shiny when using /me achieves the same purpose. If /lick was suddenly removed, I would still be content with using the /me method.
But thats just my personal opinion.

• Winner
Reactions: oliver56bird
Status
Not open for further replies.