Delete Someone's Words

tommy

Reaction score
Hey there, I am here with a suggestion after reading some ban-appeals. Inside one of these a ban-appeals was a player that got banned for posting a link to a certin website...

Someone said that there are a lot of child on the server at times which is very true so something like this could badly hurt or scare/scar them.

May I present to you the fix!

A new command /msgdelete

This command can be used by Ops+ (or Trusted if you think so).

The use of this command is to erase a sentence or line in chat from a player

Ex:

Player_1: (link to website)

[Op] Player_2: /msgdelete Player_1

Then Player_1's link would of vanished!

Thank you all for reading this for any questions, changes or problem you have please tell them to me

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Eh... if you ask me, I'd rather just say "guys, don't go to that link," especially considering you can't click them and open them immediately. Even if it is Minecraft, people really shouldn't always trust visiting any URL they see. You're bound to run into some wacky things (at least once in a while) on the internet these days anyways.

(if you ever see a sketchy link, ask me to go there before anyone else. I've seen some shit. ;))

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
By the time you see a message it's already stored in your computer/client and can't be affected by something server side. The best you can have is something that spams multiple empty lines to push the text off the top of the screen. (/cls)

• Useful
Reactions: MustabearXD