Defensive Block Suggestion

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I'd be honestly surprised if no one suggested this before as a defensive measure, but it's worth a shot:

Water.

It's simple and, as I'd imagine, easy to implement. With the dawn of CTF, buying water blocks at a couple points apiece would be great for defending your flag room, as water blocks in the doorway would force any attacker to TNT first (or attempt to get through, slowed).

Chrise10

Reaction score
Iron and gold are clickable where water isn't. Maybe the reason why the op mentioned water so you would have to place tnt to destroy.

Reactions: balloon98

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Yes, my intention for this would be as an alternative to metal since as Chris said, you would have to place TNT instead of just clicking, thus adding variety. Otherwise you could just barge in spam-clicking most of the time.

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
The idea is amazing of having a defensive block, but people on WoM can breeze past water in less than a second. Lava would be a tiny bit more effective, but the same thing it doesn't take too long to get past on WoM.

So maybe if we could modify the lava block when used in this weapon (Defensive type thing) and make it so it has more resistance, and is harder to get through, then it might be a better defense.

But, as of now, unless there are at least 5 nonstop blocks of lava, it won't be very effective. But yes modified lava sounds nice ;)

daniel

Reaction score
if it was to go ahead i think it should be that the block takes 3 tnt hits and 4 punches to destroy but costs 5 points to buy

Alkatraz

Reaction score
if it was to go ahead i think it should be that the block takes 3 tnt hits and 4 punches to destroy but costs 5 points to buy
This would be a pain to code, from what I know.

Also, at only five points, they could potentially be very overpowered, particularly on CTF maps, for example CTF-Waterfalls, you could block up the entire entrance to the flag room with these blocks and it'd then be very difficult to get in for capturing/returning.

daniel

Reaction score
This would be a pain to code, from what I know.

Also, at only five points, they could potentially be very overpowered, particularly on CTF maps, for example CTF-Waterfalls, you could block up the entire entrance to the flag room with these blocks and it'd then be very difficult to get in for capturing/returning.
Maybe There Could Be a zone were u cant place them or limt the amount a player can buy per round depending on the map