Declined [Declined] TheKingIsDead's Adv Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Account Name: TheKingIsDead (newgobby72)

References (Adv+): Roboboy777

Screenshots of builds

Additional/final notes: This is my second time applying for adv, I hope to get it this time as I have improved c:

Edit: The first few pics are from a while ago so keep going through the album and see as they improve :)

• Creative
Reactions: Notme

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hey gobby, I remember your last app, and how it didn't seem like you could build at adv level, but you have improved! I am super proud of how you have. You have an ok eye for detail, and you're very good at your style, which I suppose is medieval. You're familiar with depth, which is also great. But to be completely honest, I think you could have add more to some of these builds, like the cathedral's exterior. It has detail, but I would expect to see a bit more on a build like that. While mixing blocks is good, it doesn't make up for a small amount of detail in the build. Though some of the builds show great use of detail though, which I really like.
Sorry to say, but judging by the way you acted when you got that warning, shows you need to work on your maturity before you get adv. +0 leaning towards a -1

Last edited:

Collosal

Reaction score
Well King, first off let me say you're making good progress. Although, to be honest I don't see an advanced level building quality here. I'd keep trying to work at it, make depth more fluent. Also make the builds bigger. For now, I'm going to give you a 0, but keep trying to get better! You might just get it someday.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Seeing the progression of your builds and how you have improved is nice. Your recent builds look nice and a few of them have the detail and depth that I like to see, but one problem that I noticed is that the majority of your builds are considerably on the small side. The houses look like they're roughly less than 20x20 blocks (not counting the cathedral-style build and a few others).

Your houses do have interesting details to them, but I'm wondering what would happen if you created a much larger build with the same detail that you put in those houses.

What would be neat is if you made a large multi-build incorporating the small houses that you like to make and create a village theme in Builder Plots. Focus on the placement of the houses and the type of region they're in-- and give it interesting focal points with a monument or something different.

I'll be giving you a -1 right now. Good luck!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
At the moment, I don't quite see the quality we want. Some parts of your builds look a bit flat at times, which takes away from the huge amount of effort you've put into this, as it makes it not look as good.

Your cathedral was very rushed. The stone/cracked brick was simply implemented using a WorldEdit replace, and not much thought was put into the detailing either. The back had near to none detail, and the sides had a bit. The roof didn't seem to work very well - maybe because it was the same material. The plain rectangular shape could have improved as well.

Overall, you're improving, but I want to see you take your time to make sure your builds are as good as you can make them and that you're not skipping opportunities for detail. For now, I'm afraid I'm giving a -1, as I'm not quite yet seeing the quality we need from an Adv. You are improving though, so keep trying!

Last edited:

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
You're improving, and thats great! But I feel that you're not quite Adv Builder quality yet. Keep working hard and try not to rush things. Take your time and perhaps try to build to a larger scale!

I'll be giving you a 0 for now.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey newgobby72 (TheKingIsDead), it looks like you will still need to work on improving your builds for AdvBuilder. Please take the staff input into consideration especially when creating larger builds.

Feel free to reapply after three weeks. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.