[Declined] Map Submission: CTF-Strongholds

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Thanks to 0x3c0 for the map name, to Marnixxie for allowing me to use his map and giving some design ideas, and to Razinao for making the command blocks to make building this much easier!

My map is fortresses, a CTF gametype map for the TNT server

Screenshots:
Map Overview:

Overview 2:

Red Spawn (Blue is identical):

The map can be found on /l Marnixxie on the TNT Wars server.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Thanks to 0x3c0 for the map name, to Marnixxie for allowing me to use his map and giving some design ideas, and to Razinao for making the command blocks to make building this much easier!
My map is fortresses, a CTF gametype map for the TNT server
The map can be found on /l Marnixxie on the TNT Wars server.
Is this in the TNT comp? since if it is you should say it so it will be judged as well on the 1st otherwise they might accidentally mistake it for regular

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
Looks great! My only two suggestions:

1) Based on the images, it seems a bit flat. Maybe add a bit of variation with the ground level (ex. raise part of the inside by one block, if you haven't already)?
2) The grassy part seems a bit bare, so maybe you could add something there?

S

Setup

The map looks nice, but i think it needs something more, as Granta said. Adding something in the two grass corners could be good.

But good work nonetheless ;)

Alkatraz

Reaction score
On another note @Matt_Allen , this map will need a new name, there has already been a Fortresses (Destroyerx1's map which has also been on Zombie). I don't like having multiple maps with the same name, even if they are no longer in rotation.

We are similar to the IUPAC, if a name and symbol has been suggested for an element, and is later denied, that name and symbol can never be used for another element on the periodic table.

When ununbium was acknowledged as being discovered, the GSI team suggested the name Copernicium with the element symbol Cp, however it was pointed out that the symbol Cp was previously associated with the name cassiopeium (cassiopium), now known as lutetium (Lu). Which is why Copernicium's symbol is Cn.

We're not quite as strict, our naming only relates to maps which have been added to the server, not just suggested names.

DJS0102

Reaction score
Sorry to be a hum-bug, (especially around christmas) but it seems like it would be very easy to set up a spawn cannon and/or shoot rockets into the other team's spawn-point. Again, I'm sorry for the negative input, but someone has to give it...:(

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Sorry to be a hum-bug, (especially around christmas) but it seems like it would be very easy to set up a spawn cannon and/or shoot rockets into the other team's spawn-point. Again, I'm sorry for the negative input, but someone has to give it...:(
Seeing as it is nobuild and the entire top level where spawns are will be zoned, this won't be an issue.