Death Dig

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
This is a long shot idea, but i came up with it while quarrying, and others came up with some name ideas.

Basicly, this is a mini game idea. Or maybe just something random the Controllers could do every once and awhile.

The concept of the game is you start with a pre-dug tunnel. (Somewhat short ) Lava starts on one end, and you and several others dig on the other while the lava slowly creeps up behind you. (It would have to be much slower then current lava speeds. If you don't work together and dig to a certain safe point (Such as an invisible line where lava stops, or a sponge or something) Then you die. It could also be called "Dig or Die" which has a nice ring to it.

Somewhat similar to the old Death Run, in which you had to outrun the lava and get to the finish line, only this time everyone digs. Win, and everyone gets a basic prize or something.
It could also be a race, with multiple 2x1 tunnels racing to dig to the finish line. But in that case, the person witht he fastest pic would win. You may need multiple block types for that mode.

This is very out there, but it's an idea. Let me know what you think.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
AS THE SHAREHOLDER OF FIESTA.CO QUARRY DIGGIN' I SUPPORT THIS IDEA.

Mainly because of this sign in a quarry saying
"Dig or Die. Your choice. Your life." placed by me. Still would be an amazing game. But perhaps they need to dig in a certain direction or Bedrock obstacles in random places?

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Naturally, the direction would be the same direction the lava is coming towards you from. Perhaps the walls on the sides would be bedrock or no-break. There could be layers of different types of blocks to dig that require different pic levels.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
This sounds like a fun minigame for after a round ends. Just a suggestion-- How about no bedrock floor or walls at all? So any player can fall if they dig way too deep or beyond a certain area. And the four surrounding walls of this area wouldn't be flat, but undulating so players will easily fall to their death.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
I would think that this goes without saying, but just for the sake of clarification, the lava is supposed to eat through all blocks except maybe the bedrock and the op_air sort of thing at the finish line right?

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I suppose so. There wouldn't be much left for the lava to eat through, since we're digging through all of it to get to the finish line. You wouldn't be able to place blocks so the lava should get to you regardless. @Kevin_28

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Yea, that's assuming that there will be many people playing the game. They can also escape the lava by building a mini blockade (dig couple blocks below them, dig out a block or two and build a couple steps back up).

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really like this idea, but I'm a bit confused. If there are many players in the same tunnel, won't they all naturally simply rely on the player with the best tool and just go for the same one tunnel and just follow up behind someone? If that's the case, they won't really be working together and will just rely on one person. Perhaps I've got the completely wrong idea about this so I just wanted to clear it up xD it's just you said players would have to

work together
and that
everyone digs
but with the image I have I can't see this so I think I'm imagining this in the wrong way xD
Sorry if this doesn't make any sense xD I'm really confused (but then again it's not hard to get me confused)
Really nice idea, though! I'd love a new minigame! :D

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
You're imagining it right for the most part. But the tunnel should be big enough that it requires more then one person digging. One person with an eff V picaxe should not be enough to clear out an area of 5x30x5 before getting swallowed by lava. The game should require clearing out all of it (possible layer by layer). Digging a straight 2x1 tunnel to the end shouldn't be allowed.
@Infected_alien8_

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
W

Wimali

I've only seen this thread just now and think it's actually a pretty neat idea. Perhaps not exactly this- I feel like it would be pretty easy. However, what I would absolutely love to see is a minigame where people work together. In my opinion, RoF is all about working together and establishing friendships. KoTL just feels... not like RoF. It doesn't really add anything, except some mindless fighting. The rewards aren't that great either, and most of the time only Master+ win because they're rich and can afford great weapons. So for a lot of new and poor players, KoTL isn't very fun at all.

I'd say a minigame where people work together -I don't know what it could be. Maybe this, or something entirely different- would really add a lot to the server. Perhaps this is just what I like personally, but I just think it could be so much more fun and satisfying. Maybe have people choose between KoTL and a gamemode like this, whatever, I'm up for it.

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3
D

DarkHender

Maybe the game modes could switch back and forth. KOTL one time- after that round Dig or Die- new name though. we all ready have a DOD ;D

I think the idea needs some work, I love the cooperation idea for a minigame since atm we basically have a all for one mini game.