DatGuy64 Operator Aplicatoin

do you want DatGuy64 to be op?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

I know I'm not supposed to post here, but I just noticed something...

Biblius said:
In-Game Username: Biblius

Time-zone: GMT-5 (Ohio)

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day? Well, my activity will change when I return to college, but only in the specific placement of the hours. Currently I don’t have a job, so I can spend my time after noon on RoF. The only specific time I wouldn’t be on would be in the mornings, as I am sleeping or studying. Once I return to college, I will be able to get on between classes and after my work is done. Aside from this, however, I try to always have irc open in case I am needed.

What do you think the responsibilities of an Operator are on this server? The main responsibility of any staff is to serve the players. Without the players we would not be where we are today, and we all were players at one point or another. An Operator is to prevent harm caused by griefers, spammers, and anyone else wishing to hurt the server. This would include freezing, warning, mutig, kicking, and even banning players who violate the rules. An Operator will also refund items wrongfully lost by players. However, these are not the only things Operators must do. To be a good staff member, one must not only be active in game, but also active on the forums. I can honestly say that there are people I wouldn’t know half as well as I do currently if not for the forums and TeamSpeak. From banning griefers to reading this very application, an Operator’s work is never done.

What sets you apart from other applicants? I feel as if I bring a different perspective to the server. I have been an on-and-off staff member of Blocktopia’s servers for roughly 4 years. I have staffed every kind of server from Zombie to SMP to even Classic Lava, where I served as a Veteran Operator for roughly a year. Throughout the 4 years I have been in this community, I have learned so much. And I try to use my knowledge to help people and make the game more enjoyable for others. (I’ve also made contributions such as the suggestion of a Confused Mode.) I believe I have a thorough understanding of this server’s rules. I’m also very active, and make a strong point to afk as little as possible. Aside from this all, what makes me a good member for staff is that my goal is to serve the people, for they are Blocktopia.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I would say that my greatest weakness is that I tend to be somewhat suspicious of people. While this does in fact sound like a strength, over-analysis can be a great weakness. More than once I have read too far into something and caused an awkward situation. However, this works both ways, and I fully understand I need to earn people’s trust just as they need to earn mine.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? Being a new staff member on any server, this is inevitable. There can and will be problems that I will have to deal with, sometimes on my own. If such a situation arose, I would try my best to contact another staff member to show me how I should handle it. However, if this were not possible, I would try to deal with the situation in the most equitable manner. I would then immediately send a private message to the higher staff to help me understand what actions I should take next time such a situation arises. I honestly believe communication is vital to the success of any team.

References:Cooliorules, FrenchSanta12, ClockworkMyr, Dessern5, Forseti, RonaldoSkillz
...are you fucking kidding me.

First of all, I'm 100% none of these people you're talking about have actually referenced you. And, oh, you just blatantly copied someone else's application. Alright, you made a few edits, but kept most of it the same. You gave me a good laugh- but that's all. I don't think you'll get accepted, in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.