Accepted [CTF] Seaspray Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Seaspray Rig
Map Author(s): Catcocomics
Game Type: CTF
World Border: Self contained by use of barriers (including barriers preventing people from jumping onto the derrick), but needs a kill zone in the water.
Download: Create flatland, /warp seasprayrig. Warp takes you to the yellow spawn. Entire map is boxed in with barriers.
Round Time; 8 minutes (subject to change)

Additional Info:
Teams: [BCOLOR=#000000]Yellow[/BCOLOR] vs Purple
Spawn locations: Marked by signs/stained glass above water level.
Flags: Marked by signs on wool balls.
Fall Damage: Nay
Can Drown: Aye water is kill zone.

Looky, pictures:

Note:
I decided to put the flags opposite their team's spawn, so now it becomes more of "keep them off our turf and invade their turf".

And if you would be so kind, I'd like it to start at a random time of day and stay that time of day the whole round.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission!

This map is very different from most CTF maps, it's very open and is the first one to really use ladders (and the swapped flags of course). This is definitely not a bad thing and from what I've seen the gameplay could very well be suped good. Spawncamping may be a problem because it's so open but looking how the paths go I doubt it will be a super big deal. I'm really interested on how this will play out. The style is also really good in my opinion, simple and cool.

+1

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Catcocomics, thanks for this map submission,

I've looked into the map and I'm a bit surprised since it's not like any other CTF map. Like vatumok said before me, it has ladders and we haven't got any map that uses those. I'm a bit concerned though that people can be easily shot while climbing those ladders. The size makes it up tho, its very long so it won't be a close quarter killing spree.

Looking at it from aesthetic view gives a positive look, it really looks like an oil platform (I kinda miss the big towers but still a cool structure)

I would like to see it in the server to see how the use of ladders goes.

+1

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Catco, thanks for your submission!

I've been swamped with projects and other work. Sorry for being so late.

I'm going to go with a 0. I do like how this is a different type of map, but it just feels a little bit too linear, sorta like how 2fort feels, despite the many twists and turns.

tommy

Reaction score
Hey Catco, thanks for submitting,

Overall I really like the map design and layout. Seems to me like it could function as a enjoyable map. My only grumble is these boxes. On one side of the map they allow for easy access to the upper platform on the left (of the screenshot) while on the other side it is basically impossible to use the box to get to the latter. Other than that I really like the map and the concept although I am not a big fan of the flag switching thing this may change my mind with more testing.

+1

PS: someone spammed paintings on the iron parts of the map, if you don't want them in the final version I suggest you WE them out.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I've had to remove the water and put the map in void as I was unable to make water a kill zone. Apart from that everything should be as you intended
-Accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.