Declined [CTF] Bourg Robinas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plive

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey, there is no map submission format yet, please dont kill me if i forgot something.

Map name: Bourg Robinas
Creators: Swift_Siren ChRobin Plive
Gamemode: Capture the flag
Description: a small CTF map with many hidding spots, secrets and ways to the flag. Note to TNM: I followed your instructions to make the flags more obvious and less stuff on the roads.
Screenshots:
-Spawns:

-Flags:

-Stuff:

You can get to the map using /warp RobinPls on Create

IMPORTANT EDIT: i forgot to mention that i would like 4 Captures to win, since the map is small.
also #first

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I just looked at the map on Create. While it is an interesting concept, there are a few problems with the map.

- I my opinion, the map is way TOO small. Due to sightlines, it will be extremely easy to spawn kill/camp. Aka camping team deathmatch instead of CTF. (Which we all love ;) )
- Distance from spawn to flag. It takes red about 4.5 secs to reach their flag. While blue takes about 6 secs.
- Map balancing for teams. Red has 2 options to leave their spawn area, while blue is forced into the flag area.

If I had to rate this map,
Design: 7/10
Gameplay: 2/10
Replayability: 4/10

The map is looks extremely nice. So good job there. But with a gameplay mindset, I just don't think it makes the cut. Sorry :/
(Disclaimer: I am not a Mod on AoD. So my opinions may or maynot be considered by AoD staff.)

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
The map is small, but it just might make up for itself in that manner. It's a very detailed, nice build, and I personally wouldn't mind seeing this on AoD, at least for testing. I'm not going to vote though because I actually don't know if maps are being taken/what the map submission format is/if I'm on the AoD staff team. But if I were to vote I'd give you a +, saying maybe make it larger.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Sorry for my late reply. I did have a look at the map on create, but I don't think it would suite the CTF game mode due to these problems:
1. It is way too small (I do realise you only had a small plot to work in) and as far as I'm concerned there is only one way to each flag? I think with more than 4 players online this map will be impossible.
2. It is very difficult to find the flag. Even in creative mode it took me 5 minutes
3. There isn't much open space which is needed in CTF

However, it is an extremely detailed and a nice build. If you can use a bigger plot, could you stretch the map in the x and z direction to make it bigger? I think it would be a lot better being twice as big.

Sorry, but for now I'm going with a -1

As a side note, I don't mind other peoples opinion on maps as currently we don't have any aod staff. Thanks

• Thank You
Reactions: Fragile

Plive

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey, can this thread get removed ? I agree with everyone: gameplay is actually bad.
I will repost the submission when everything will be better

Status
Not open for further replies.