Status
Not open for further replies.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
In-game username: Crashb23

Staff references(Con+): None
Time spent on the server: 6 Days
Other server ranks (present and past): Zombie Trusted (past) SMP Operator (past) JTE Operator (present)

TeamSpeak:Y

How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for:
First of all, a mayor will still have the same duties as an operator- helping players, answering tickets, and setting a good example for other players on the server. A mayor is specifically responsible for the behind-the-scenes work in towns. They handle the original set-up of zones in official towns, as well as any expansions or changes encountered afterwards. A Mayor must also be personable, as they have to deal directly with clan leaders to settle disputes and other issues. I plan to continue parliament, so that will be another job to finish. The Mayor’s duties are vital to every bit of the town systems operations.

Tell us about your experience as an Operator: I have been an SMP operator since November of 2012. It has been an interesting and exciting experience, and I feel it has helped improve my sense of responsibility. I've dealt with quite a number of rule-breakers, and have had the opportunity to input on an array of applications. I've also worked on the wiki project, and am in the process of creating a dungeon. I have also been hard at work Co-Leading Esper, which I have thoroughly enjoyed doing. All in all, I've had a great time working with my fellow staff and players, and I look forward to being even more involved in the upkeep of the server.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words:
I love moving. I ride roller-coasters, go-karts, snowboards, and just run. However, this is oddly coupled with my other hobbies of reading, collecting minerals, and playing Minecraft. I am interested in science and math, and I‘ll be starting programming courses next year. My favorite authors are Terry Pratchett and Bryan Lee O’Malley, and my favorite movie is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Now, although I haven't seen anything particularly bad about your time staffing on Elysium, you haven't really stuck out either. You seem to jump in and out every so often, perhaps not taking the time to get properly involved, or organise something yourself.

Perhaps what influences my view more is that lack of references. Well, not so much the lack of them, but the fact that you did not even ask for any. Communication is absolutely vital for anyone in a staff role, and I really can't see it going too well if you don't even want to approach us for references!

I will be staying neutral for now, but this really does bother me.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking exactly what Baker is thinking here. You do a good job at staffing, you are a presence on the server and the playerbase likes you. The application is solid, you understand the rank you're applying for on a more technical scale and have a respectable plan laid out, from what I can see. You have worked hard to get to your position, and are working hard to get to the next step.

The problem is, you haven't taken that next step to get to the next step. Marnixxie's offered you an IRC outlet, which is much more vital and important than you may think it is, and you should use this as much as possible. Not to mention, the lack of references is worrying too and a staff role requires a strong relationship with the Elysium head staff. The fact that not only they are not present, but you didn't ask shows us that you may not feel comfortable enough yet to maintain a rank.

I'll be staying neutral for the time being. My advice - use everything you've got as best you can, and with time you'll feel connected to the server in such a way that a staff role would suit you well!

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Perhaps what influences my view more is that lack of references. Well, not so much the lack of them, but the fact that you did not even ask for any. Communication is absolutely vital for anyone in a staff role, and I really can't see it going too well if you don't even want to approach us for references!
Well, I actually did talk to Marn about letting me get staff roles as references, which he declined, and Qube decided not to reference me as well. I only did not ask you because I do not see you that often and it would have felt like I was asking you for the reference solely because you have the power to reference me.

Q

Qube

I'm afraid your application is denied.

You have done an amazing job staffing on Journey to Elysium, and i'm very happy to have you as a staff member, but the points brought up by Baker93 and Superstein are true and as it stands now you are not ready for the Mayor staff role. I suggest joining the IRC Channel Marnixxie told you about more often when you have the time, just to join the conversations and get to know each other better, it would be greatly appreciated!

I hope i'l see you there more often soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.