Cookie : Air Block or Player ratio

program_miner

Reaction score
I think that if you have more either more air blocks or more players in one area you should get more cookies. Not a significant upgrade but if 20 players work on a dam that contains 1/4th of the map, I think the players should be rewarded. Also it would discourage players from making 3x3x3 areas in the ground just to get their cookies. There could be a upgrade of cookies from more players and or more air blocks, I cant decide

EDIT: It might be cool to have a scoreboard for the largest houses and the most people and Player airblock ratio thingys idk XD

I have decided my idea will be too easy to block off chunks of cavers or whatever, so maybe it could be changed to blocks placed or something\ like house size % 2 if 2 walls were natural generation and they used a cavern. thanks for the idea bram.

dannyboymed

Without a title
Reaction score
I like the idea if it's only a tiny cookie difference, but it could backfire.

It does encourage people to work together, yes. But it also may make people like they're forced to work together even if they don't want to, because they'd rather be in a big place to get more rewards. We don't want to take away the feeling that everyone can do whatever they want, right?

It might also encourage people just finding a big house somebody else has made and then AFKing in it (not that this doesn't happen already)

program_miner

Reaction score
I think 10-20 cookies is just right samlen, maybe a reward for breaking the record?
also maybe spawn houses get a tiny bit of cookies off? might not be fair but just an idea.
I agree danny, I dont think it forces people to do it if it is 20 or so cookies amount of cookies but I see how it could backfire

I think this could work as a goal bigger than just surviving, alot of people get bored while waiting but why get bored when you would be digging for a small bonus to get you an extra sponge.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
W

Wimali

I don't like that idea as people can just block off huge sections in a map (just look at Cavern) or join other people's houses, so they'll get more cookies for not really doing anything.

How about lowering the amount of cookies someone would normally get by, like, 50%, and give them more cookies if they've placed and/or destroyed more blocks, up to about 150% the amount of cookies they'd normally get? I'd actually love that. Just a thought.

I also still feel like there should be a scoreboard displaying the current map, mood and time left though. I mean, why not?

program_miner

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas bram, didnt think of the cavern map I think your idea might work better than mine but lowering by 50% or 150% is too drastic I think. maybe blocks placed is a better idea

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I don't like that idea as people can just block off huge sections in a map (just look at Cavern) or join other people's houses, so they'll get more cookies for not really doing anything.

How about lowering the amount of cookies someone would normally get by, like, 50%, and give them more cookies if they've placed and/or destroyed more blocks, up to about 150% the amount of cookies they'd normally get? I'd actually love that. Just a thought.

I also still feel like there should be a scoreboard displaying the current map, mood and time left though. I mean, why not?
This actually sounds like a good idea it encourages people to try to build massive houses each round, my concern is it will be abused in a few ways (breaking every easily breakable block in a map, such as every leaf off a tree, making giant cubes of dirt and shovel removing them, attempting mass harvests on a lot of resources, etc. Etc.).

program_miner

Reaction score

This actually sounds like a good idea it encourages people to try to build massive houses each round, my concern is it will be abused in a few ways (breaking every easily breakable block in a map, such as every leaf off a tree, making giant cubes of dirt and shovel removing them, attempting mass harvests on a lot of resources, etc. Etc.).

I am sure this idea can be altered in some way to fix this but yea I agree

program_miner

Reaction score
Anyone have any other opinions on this? it has been a few weeks with no new responses. I would like to see some new opinions on it to make it better.

• Agree
Reactions: omgitsathong

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
There are both pros and cons to this, as exist with many if not all other suggestions.

It would have quite a few positive impacts. It would encourage people to build bigger and more interesting houses. Before I was staff, as some remember, we'd always build Superhouses that went up to the build height, which was a great deal of fun. People came together to make these huge and really fun collective creations. The bigger a house is, the more people are bound to live in it, which also encourages people meeting new players and including them into the server. This is also good!

However, there are definitely negative impacts that could potentially arise. For one, we would have to decide how many cookies are granted as bonus for larger homes. I do agree that it shouldn't be a terribly large amount, but if the addition is too small, it's very likely that very few will actually participate. I did also mention the Superhouses, which while they were a great deal of fun, they were also infamous for being flooded often and causing its fair share of drama. And while, yes, new players absolutely should be included, I certainly understand what can happen if you are in a large room with many new players. After all, it does only take 1 bad player to flood an entire home. It would also confuse new players, as many have a hard enough time understanding the 20 block rule.

Altogether, I see ups and downs with this, but I see more cons than pros. I believe this suggestion may be possible if refined, but I'm honestly not sure how it could be refined to be more suitable.