Declined [Competition] Farore's Silent Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map name: Farore's Silent realm
Map Author: Catcocomics
Size of Map: 1 run-of-the-mill Build Box plot. 192x192/1 full Builder Plot.
Center of Map: will acquire shortly, unless it's fine as self-contained (Wall of Trees)

Kits:
Survivors:
Hero's Spirit:
A pair of leather boots (dyed: black). Survivors not to remove boots.
Invisibility for 180 seconds
Night Vision for 999999 seconds
Fire Resistance for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds on second thought, make the survivors'
boots have +60% speed on them.
Hunters:
Guardian (Land):
Full Iron Armor (minus the helmet) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Invisibility for 999999 seconds
Swiftness 2 for 999999 seconds
Guardian (Sky):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white) and Iron Sword with Sharpness 20
Fire Resistance for 999999 seconds
Jump Boost 2 for 999999 seconds
Watcher (Land):
Leather Tunic (dyed: white), 3 splash potions of Invisibility 2 for 3 seconds, and a
potion of harming 12
Swiftness 3 for 999999 seconds

Download Link: Found in my second plot on Build Box. Made a new warp, cunningly named FSR kept the warp name, but this obviously isn't BB anymore. But you can still have some images:

Breakable blocks: none, not even the grass.
Command blocks: the "Tears" each need a command block set to "Effect @p 15 999999"no, hold on a second... when did I make these permanent invisibility? At any rate, they could also be a bit more... umm... well, let's just put it as this: "effect @a[r=2] 15 90", and if that's too long an invisibility, then we can change it to 30 seconds instead of 90.
There are 15 tears, each marked by a different color of wool from orange to black (1 to 15), as there are 15 "tears", just like in an actual Silent Realm.
Also, build time: 90 seconds, to give people time to spread out.
Original thread: http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/farores-silent-realm.17696/
From how I designed this map originally, I think it may work best for zombie, though it is still playable if made for infection, assuming that kits can be applied on infection maps to begin with.

if there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

[edit] just measured the size of a builder plot, and wow...
first of all, that's a small space you guys are asking us to work with for a map, since 192x192 really isn't big enough to normally be a problem without having multiple floors or a maze-like design.
Well, if the 128x128 rule is going to be adamant, then forget this map. actually, I think I'll go ahead and still submit this... just uhh, don't complain to me if it feels a bit... incomplete...

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and froyd

Catcocomics

Reaction score
ok, so to basically make my old and way outdated map fit these totally fair and not strict size rules, I have cut a corner or two, so I really hope you enjoy all the fantastic content.

P.S. ignor the glassed-in area in the background; that stuff's just extra and unneeded content that would disqualify my map.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Hola, Catco!
I liked the idea of the map when you submitted it the last time, and I would like to come back to that later, but a part of why I liked your map was because of the ENTIRE build. I think this map would be extremely fun with the whole 192x192, but I honestly would've rather you made a new map for the required size, or even built something similar.
-, leaning towards a 0 because I still like the interesting gameplay.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Hello Catco, thanks for your submission!

I'll be going with a -1. I agree with Fragile. It'd have been lovely if you made an entirely new map for the Competition. Going off of this screenshot it just seems like too much of a basic map for the Competition as you're depicting it. I would like to see you re-submit it as a regular, non-comp map, in its full form.

Reactions: Fragile

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi
I agree with most of what has been said above. I don't see any chests in the map, so players can only survive off of what they have been given, and I don't think the game play would be the best, and because you have added walls to the map, there doesn't really seem much area or places to hide. I'm going to have to say a

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Moving submission.
I was honestly going to build a smaller mansion map and possibly another inspired by Salt Spray Rig, but I didn't have much time to do any of that in, with school, Transformers Splatfest, visiting cousin, and what ever happened on the final weekend of the comp (oh right, I was doing a bunch of Terrarira... oops...).
Anyways, yeah... resubmitting...

Status
Not open for further replies.