Community chest(s)

W

Wimali

Community Chest(s)
I think I might’ve suggested this idea before in-game a few months ago. Well, if I did, I don’t remember, so sorry if I did. I feel like posting it on the forums could get more feedback anyway! So, here’s my suggestion: Put a community chest in the Master/Grandmaster area.

What do you mean, Bram?
I often have some kind-of-valuable stuff in my inventory, which I don’t really think I need to keep, but realize someone might want anyway. A knockback II enchanting book for example, or 15 magma cream. Sure, I could ask if someone wants them- But a few people are afraid to ask as they don’t want to look like beggars, or just aren't online when I’m asking if people want the items.

So why not just put a chest in the Master or Grandmaster area, which every Master+/Grandmaster+ can access? That way people can just leave their “trash” in a chest, or look through it to see if there’s anything valuable in it. I feel like this should be at least Master+ however, as I think there'd probably be a lower chance of a Master+ filling it with useless crap or taking everything, than a lower-ranked player. Making it only for Grandmasters would be just as much fun!

(Or, perhaps, put a chest in each area?)

Please give me your opinions, concerns and criticism on this suggestion, I’d be very glad to hear it!

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I like the idea but I think to avoid people abusing it and taking all the items at once. I'd think you'd want to put a withdrawal limit such as 3-5 items a day or whatever.

W

Wimali

I'd think you'd want to put a withdrawal limit such as 3-5 items a day or whatever.
Thanks for your input.

I feel like that could cause problems though. What if someone filled the entire chest with seeds, and you want to remove them? What if you accidently put your Efficiency X Fortune V Unbreaking V diamond pickaxe in it, and can't take it back because you've already taken 5 items that day?

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
I'd think you'd want to put a withdrawal limit such as 3-5 items a day or whatever.
Thanks for your input.

I feel like that could cause problems though. What if someone filled the entire chest with seeds, and you want to remove them? What if you accidently put your Efficiency X Fortune V Unbreaking V diamond pickaxe in it, and can't take it back because you've already taken 5 items that day?
I think if it's going to be a community chest then people should respect that and not throw their complete and utterly useless shit (seeds) into it as a trash can. but if something like that does happen then possibly have Operators be able to withdrawal unlimited possibly? So if someone does abuse it, then Operators can just remove it and if something like the latter happens, where someone accidentally throws their super duper badass pickaxe in and have already hit their withdrawal limit then I'd say either have a friend retrieve it for you or let Operators have the ability to renew withdrawal limits.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This feels a bit elitist, for lack of a better word, to me. I feel like it would be better if a chest was in the Crafter area in which only Master/Grandmaster/Op+ can put all their "junk" which Crafter+ can take out of. While books like that would be junk to you, to these players they would be treasure. I'm not sure whether a boost for the Crafter+ like this is wanted, but nonetheless I think it's a good idea.

W

Wimali

This feels a bit elitist, for lack of a better word, to me. I feel like it would be better if a chest was in the Crafter area in which only Master/Grandmaster/Op+ can put all their "junk" which Crafter+ can take out of. While books like that would be junk to you, to these players they would be treasure. I'm not sure whether a boost for the Crafter+ like this is wanted, but nonetheless I think it's a good idea.
Yup, that's what kind of worried me as well, which is why I thought of this:
(Or, perhaps, put a chest in each area?)

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shouldn't you be able to withdraw whatever you've thrown in even if you've reached your limit? Because technically, until it's taken it's still your stuff and if you suddenly need it back and no one has taken it then having a withdrawal limit isn't really fair, especially when something happens like they throw something they didn't mean to in.

W

Wimali

Shouldn't you be able to withdraw whatever you've thrown in even if you've reached your limit? Because technically, until it's taken it's still your stuff and if you suddenly need it back and no one has taken it then having a withdrawal limit isn't really fair, especially when something happens like they throw something they didn't mean to in.
I feel like there shouldn't be a limit. It's just a community chest really, where you can put your valuable stuff in. I think it shouldn't be made more complicated than it is right now.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Really hit the nail on the head here. Elitism is a dangerous threat to RoF's community, it serves to separate new players from old ones, and that's certainly objectionable. I actually rather like the idea of charity, giving out-of-reach items to the new people is a very nice and well-intentioned act. Of course, rude people will probably exploit this charity, but people have been known to do these things, regardless of location.

I like this idea, would not be opposed to seeing it implemented!

• Agree
Reactions: Lux