Declined Cold Water

mcgodinater

Reaction score
Cold Water in classic mode. That would be pretty awesome, and would make it be more classic. This would include flows of water, and all liquids would freeze (water -> ice, lava -> stone), slime blocks would harden, and glass would break depending on how far down it is. Water would also make the player drown, but will give them slowness upon touching.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
...are you going to give any reason as to why the community supported, staff rejected suggestion from two years past applies?
...Learn to count, that's 1,5 years ^^

And it applies because it's basically the same thing and the circumstances have changed marginally - if at all - since then.

GoldenValley

Donor
Reaction score
From personal experience I can say that Cold Water on Classic Lava was always nice, since it was way easier than lava rounds. Cold Water broke only plants so it was essentially a free cookie round. As a staff member, my opinion of it changed very quickly once I realized that it offered no challenge or incentive to pay attention to the game. It also spawned a large amount of people who would troll other players by using /water to pretend that their house was flooding, either to rile up ME to come help or scare other people in the house.

I can understand why the community would enjoy Cold Water rounds since they're so distinctive, but for the same reason I can sympathize with the staff why they wouldn't want it translated from Classic to RoF.

Reactions: Notme and Wink