Cloning

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
What are your views on the cloning of human beings?

If there's an actual purpose (e.g. mass production of humans, like in Star Wars) I think it's okay, but for recreational or unimportant reasons, such as creating a perfect human or whatnot, cloning is a no-no. Then again, if people wanted to clone scientists / smart people to advance society...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hunter and Duffie

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
That's the thing intelligence itself isn't genetic, we could clone 30 Einstein's and each one would have variable degrees of intelligence.

Intelligence aptitude is the only thing that genetics control, such as having an impediment liken to blindness, deafness, and furthermore or some type of a learning disability.

Otherwise intelligence of an individual is entirely situational. The drive that makes one yearn to learn or inspiration surrounding their lives.

This can be circumvented if we are able to transfer ones mind from one vessel to another.
Cloning to make more vessels that are identical to the original to give a person better adaptability in a new body would suffice. Such as taking a living genesis and progressively making five more vessels to multiply that person productivity.

Given the idea that we can transfer an aged person into a new body, does that in fact really transfer them, or does it merely transfer what we perceive to be them. If my mind goes from my body into a new one, is it taking me? Does the me in this body die and the new me only think it is me.

However we start getting into the spectrum of what is 'you' and what is 'me' as it can be arguable weather or not the empty vessels have souls or not and if they are entitled to the same rights as the original.

This also progresses into the ideology of religions and so on. Does the body has a soul? Does it or does it not have a consciousness?

While I myself support the ideal of cloning in order to isolate and cure diseases as this would allow human experimentation and study which is taboo in current society.

I could continue but I've already wrote too much.

nitasu987

Reaction score
I mean, it's SO COOL scientifically, and It might be really useful down the road. I just don't really think it's a great idea to have clones of people running around; you wouldn't be able to figure out hypothetically who's the real one. I mean, it'd be nice to have cloning done on specific vital organs so that there won't be big-ass waiting lines for all of the unfortunate souls who have to wait to get an urgently important and live-saving transplant... but as far as HUMAN clones being run free.. This ain't Star Wars and even though it would be nice to technically be in 2 places at once, I don't want human cloning to be a thing. Organs, sure. but Humans, no way.

AotsFTW

Reaction score
cloning is against my RELIGION!!!!!

cloning would be cool. if you could clone people im sure we could venture into making jurassic park a reality

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
*sigh*

clones would age same rate as other humans, so it'd be a younger version of you
Actually, in most cases in fantasy, clones age much faster than the normal human.

I mean, just look at Solid Snake, and the rest of the clones! The timeline says he shouldn't be aging as fast as he does, yet he's pretty much an old man now.

There are even cases where the bodies of clones are unstable, as well, going hand in hand with faster aging. Due to their instability, their bodies degrade faster, giving them a high chance of dying faster due to illnesses and decomposition.

Reactions: Timdood3

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I mean, just look at Solid Snake, and the rest of the clones! The timeline says he shouldn't be aging as fast as he does, yet he's pretty much an old man now.
I assumed that it was always [BCOLOR=#000000]planned as part of the cloning process to ensure a fairly young death[/BCOLOR], [BCOLOR=#000000][BCOLOR=#ffffff]but that's not been either retconned or confirmed,[/BCOLOR] iirc Naomi Hunter explained it to him[/BCOLOR].

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

parquette

Reaction score
You see, cloning is creating another form of life. Cloning, which basically means we are creating another living person or animal is just plain wrong. Creating life is God's job and not ours, which means we are trying to play god. Playing god is one of the things mankind or any other manner of life must NEVER mettle with. Plus cloning can be disastorous too.

• Dislike
Reactions: Hunter

parquette

Reaction score
And in response to Damer_Flinn: The bottom line is; If we try to create Life, people will start thinking they are God, and this will lead to disaster. We aren't God and we shouldn't try to replace ourselves with him.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hunter
Y

YouWould

As mentioned before, yes, in fiction clones do age faster. Clones in Star Wars lived for about 16 years. The members of a Mob in the New 52 Flash comics die a year after being cloned (without aging)

What I'm saying from this is any form of cloning wouldn't be perfect. Whether it be increased aging or mental disorders, absolute imperfections would, more than likely, be created.

Now, if it's ethical? No. Absolutely not. Overpopulation is already a problem in humanity, we don't need to start making more of ourselves.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
And in response to Damer_Flinn: The bottom line is; If we try to create Life, people will start thinking they are God, and this will lead to disaster. We aren't God and we shouldn't try to replace ourselves with him.
if you're speaking towards religion (i'll assume judeo-christian): God allowed us to procreate because we are co-creators with him, its actually totally natural :eek:o

if you're speaking towards "blah blah nature is bad technology is scary thomas edison was a witch": try not to use movie cliches to better your point

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You see, cloning is creating another form of life. Cloning, which basically means we are creating another living person or animal is just plain wrong. Creating life is God's job and not ours, which means we are trying to play god. Playing god is one of the things mankind or any other manner of life must NEVER mettle with. Plus cloning can be disastorous too.
I do not consider myself as a religious person the religion that most closely coincides with my beliefs is Buddhism. I will be looking at this from a hypothetical and scientific point of view.

What do you judge as "alive"?
We don't need to create life, it creates itself. Take for example the cellular structure of our bodies. The very cells we're made of are constantly replicating. To replicate is to clone, and to clone is to replicate. To clone an entire human being is simply replicating all of his cells at once.

And on to the "playing god" bit. If the technology of cloning falls into the wrong hands, or anything powerful for that matter, can result in such a person "playing god". Hell, there have already been people in our history that have done such things. Perhaps not directly comparable, but the same concept nonetheless: Someone gets power. Someone abuses power. Someone wants more power. This is irrelevant to cloning.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jayfeather

SirCiph

Reaction score
I do not consider myself as a religious person the religion that most closely coincides with my beliefs is Buddhism. I will be looking at this from a hypothetical and scientific point of view.

What do you judge as "alive"?
We don't need to create life, it creates itself. Take for example the cellular structure of our bodies. The very cells we're made of are constantly replicating. To replicate is to clone, and to clone is to replicate. To clone an entire human being is simply replicating all of his cells at once.

And on to the "playing god" bit. If the technology of cloning falls into the wrong hands, or anything powerful for that matter, can result in such a person "playing god". Hell, there have already been people in our history that have done such things. Perhaps not directly comparable, but the same concept nonetheless: Someone gets power. Someone abuses power. Someone wants more power. This is irrelevant to cloning.
Lemme add to this.

Abuse of power is a universal issue with humanity. I'll leave it at that.

Also, if we want to argue about how "creating life" is wrong, then we must also address in-vitro fertilization and artificial insemination, which technically count as creation of life.

_ChoasLego_

Rabbit
Donor
Reaction score
Playing god ain't cool...

Creating life is God's job and not ours, which means we are trying to play god. Playing god is one of the things mankind or any other manner of life must NEVER mettle with.
By that logic, then by creating hardier, more pest/disease resistant plants by artificial selection so that we wouldn't have to use as much chemicals to treat plants and have more food for everybody is wrong. By creating life, as in growing tissues/organs from stem cells, you say there will be dire consequences. Please explain. parquette

Also,
disastorous
(ʘᗩʘ')

parquette

Reaction score
In response to Jayfeather: I wasn't implying that Thomas Edison or any of those other great guys where witches and what they where doing was witchcraft. Quite the opposite. I was just saying my opinion and I didn't want this to be a religion argument. I will admit our scientists have discovered many great things, but some things are better left undone. And Choas_Lego: I didn't say that trying to make plant life more chemical resistant and making artificial tissue was bad. But making human or animal life is wrong. That's the part I'm getting at.

Last edited: