Class Balance

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Let's talk about balancing...

There are a /few/ classes with some lesser problems and some with some more outstanding problems.

Feel free to throw around ideas or suggestions on what should be looked over again. Of course, not all changes will go through (none may go through) but it's still good to leave things like this here.

Class | Issues

Mages | Smite and fireball should be switched in terms of levels and fireball's duration increased
Mages | Manashield is underpowered (and the only
skill for mages) and may need a switch to lvl20 and stat boost

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
That is for sure with mages,

Mages | Manashield seems a bit weak, considering the fact its the only defensive skill for the mage class itself. I wouldnt mind havent it switch with smite level-wise to level 20, to power it up

lim_dul_

Reaction score
You are bringing arguments for making mage stronger, which might, for now, be fair. If the upgrade results in mages being the only class who can use enchantment table however I think this will reduce the disadvantages. The enchantment table (if it doesn't cost real exp, which I hope) is a strong tool that lets people do awesome stuff. I think it would be kind of a balancing effect for the weaker skills. Actually I have no problem with powering mage up, but I would not like to see mages becoming the only class with enchantment table and stronger skills. This could also be solved by making the enchantment table usable for all classes, which would be my prefered choice.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Maybe what would be great to balance it out a bit so everyone can use the enchantment table but let the mages be able to use it more. On all other classes place a restriction to say about 5 enchantments a week or some time period. Then let the mages make unlimited amounts. This gives everyone the ability to make them but allows mages to have the upperhand for them being mroe "magical"

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Mages could be a level 5 Upgrade on Tools/armour, But crafter, being the /weakest/ group could be Level 1/2, And the others being higher.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
You are bringing arguments for making mage stronger, which might, for now, be fair. If the upgrade results in mages being the only class who can use enchantment table however I think this will reduce the disadvantages. The enchantment table (if it doesn't cost real exp, which I hope) is a strong tool that lets people do awesome stuff. I think it would be kind of a balancing effect for the weaker skills. Actually I have no problem with powering mage up, but I would not like to see mages becoming the only class with enchantment table and stronger skills. This could also be solved by making the enchantment table usable for all classes, which would be my prefered choice.
Yes, because enchanting a stone sword with Sharpness III changes nothing in terms of amounts of hits needed against, say, a warrior. The enchanting if anything will be used as a money maker and they'll be able to enchant OTHER people's more useful weapons like iron swords and later diamond swords.
This is a thread for GENERAL balance issues, so I'm calling out to anyone of ANY class to post what they think needs to be looked over.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You can enchant armor so that if you fell were to catch fire, You'd not get damaged, You can also prevent fall damage with feather falling and many other things, Mages are fine with enchanting.

lim_dul_

Reaction score
I am aware that enchanting is not the holy grail of PVP, but what it does is, that it adds some nice effects in every aspect of the game. Take silk-touch, for example. It is a really cool enchantment but you won't need it in PVP. Actually, what I wanted to point out, the enchantment table changes the main point of the mage a little bit. What I want to say is that mages, in several universes are not only warriors, but are builders or workers too. They just help themselves with magic. It adds some other specification to the mage, it becomes somewhat of a crafter combined with a PVP class. I know that most people who chose mage for PVP reasons would not like that and therefore it is rubbish, but what I wanted to say is that the mage would actually be ok, being a "weaker" PVP class, but one that can do other awesome stuff to. I guess changing the whole class won't work but just thought a peaceful mage with supportive spells would be cool.

Jalleo

Reaction score
Alchemists should get some type of benefit with making potions somehow. This would help negate everyone from going purely into blacksmith in the crafter path and go for apothicarian aswell after a while.
I am only thinking they should with potions because the class name sounds a bit like its a potion maker during the medival ages.
Also I think herblorists should have the possibility of having diamond axes or hoes to show they are mainly a class for farming and finding herbs in the wild. (this is only because blacksmiths are able to get diamond pickaxes and there is no classes that uses diamond hoes or diamond axes at all!)

brandonn_c

Reaction score
I, as a crafter, beleive that crafter ahould have a defensive skill. just for protection, i don't fight people that much but i do get the odd attack from spiders while mining and i am not yet a high enough level to use cleave.

Reactions: Hunter

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Alchemist | Transmuteore skill isnt working.(5 coal to 1 iron ore, 3 iron ore to 1 gold ore, 1 lapis block to 1 diamond) Rates are debatable cooldown of 700 seconds seems fair.
Alchemist | Deconstruct skill does not seem to be able to do anything.

Reaction score
This is a shout-out to everyone on Primordia. After the new year & after kake cones back we will greatly re-assess and smoothen the Heroes system.

We really need everyone's help to do this, and we need as many opinions as possible... So please post!

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Alchemist | Transmuteore skill isnt working.(5 coal to 1 iron ore, 3 iron ore to 1 gold ore, 1 lapis block to 1 diamond) Rates are debatable cooldown of 700 seconds seems fair.
Alchemist | Deconstruct skill does not seem to be able to do anything.
Could you report sth. like this on the bugtracker please? Else I miss it ;)

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Mages/Archers/Rogue/Warrior: Not sure how much other classes get for killing Enderman but me as a warrior I get 20 which I think is a ridiculous amount since they do A LOT of damage. I have only been able to kill 1 enderman and I got 20 Xp only. I think some mobs need to be amped on how much XP you get since skeletons are 20 and 21 as well and are much easier to kill same goes with wolves and Zombie pigmen which are both 5 when they do a lot of damage and are fast this is how I suggest some should be:
Enderman: 30 XP
Zombie Pigmen: 11-12 XP
Wolves: 8 XP

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Mages/Archers/Rogue/Warrior: Not sure how much other classes get for killing Enderman but me as a warrior I get 20 which I think is a ridiculous amount since they do A LOT of damage. I have only been able to kill 1 enderman and I got 20 Xp only. I think some mobs need to be amped on how much XP you get since skeletons are 20 and 21 as well and are much easier to kill same goes with wolves and Zombie pigmen which are both 5 when they do a lot of damage and are fast this is how I suggest some should be:
Enderman: 30 XP
Zombie Pigmen: 11-12 XP
Wolves: 8 XP
Umm I some what agree here but Wolves? 8xp? I dont know if this has happend to anyone else yet but I got owned up by a pack of 4 wolves. I would say about 15xp a wolf. There allmost allways in groups and they do a lot of damage.

Digitalis

Reaction score
Exactly why I want it raised thought i was being too pushy though so maybe it should be like 12 or 13 since you can just lead them in water then its easy to kill them but usually they aren't close enough to water before your dead
You can lure everything but an enderman into water. Maybe we should lower all of the other EXP rewards, too? :p

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
You can lure everything but an enderman into water. Maybe we should lower all of the other EXP rewards, too? :p
Not necessarily since it would be harder than to kill creepers and skeletons since you couldn't run from creepers faster and skeletons could shoot you easier without having to worry about being hit

Digitalis

Reaction score
Not necessarily since it would be harder than to kill creepers and skeletons since you couldn't run from creepers faster and skeletons could shoot you easier without having to worry about being hit
I was joking. I'm just saying your point is invalid, since you can drag most everything else into water.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I was joking. I'm just saying your point is invalid, since you can drag most everything else into water.
That's if water is near you at all, And in water Skeletons are more accurate and Wolves can swim, Unlike us.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If water is deep enough, we can just go under them. And yes, I know skeletons are incredibly difficult in water. They're pretty much the only ones. :p
I like going under spiders, I made one drown once.