Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Cherry
Author: theWeakGuy48
Size: 131x132
Kits: Leader, Scout, Warrior, Adventurer
Random or choose kits?: Random

Notes: You can find the map at /warp clayaod in /mvtp plots. The map is very small and made of clay. TnT-damage is on, and the kit scout gets TnT. There is some houses around and the best stuff is in the houses but theres also chests around. I will be away too sunday so I cant respond before then.

Input File
Code:
MapName: Cherry
Author: theWeakGuy48
BuildTime: 90
GameTime: 440
WorldTime: 1200
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
	==: Vector
	x: 1677
	y: 187
	z: 515
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 120
  BoxChance: 15
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
	x: 1677
	y: 187
	z: 515
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
  x: 1695
  y: 167
  z: 511
WorldSize: 131x132
SkyLimit: 200
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- ANVIL
- CHEST
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
-
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
-
HunterRestrictedPlace:
-
HunterRestrictedBreak:
-
Kit:
  HunterFree:
	Scavenger:
	- WOODEN_SWORD
	- LEATHER_BOOTS
	- LEATHER_TUNIC
	- BREAD|4
  Juggernaut:
	- DIAMOND_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROWS|64
	- DIAMOND_HELMET
	- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
	- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
	- IRON_BOOTS
  HunterLeader:
	Leader:
	- STONE_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROWS|64
	- CHAIN_CHESTPLATE
	- CHAIN_LEGGINGS
	- CHAIN BOOTS
  HunterStart:
	Warrior:
	- STONE_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROWS|64
	- LEATHER_TUNIC
	- LEATHER_TROUSERS
	Scout:
	- WOODEN_SWORD
	- BOW
	- FLINT_AND_STEEL
	- ARROWS|32
	- LEATHER_TROUSERS
	- LEATHER_BOOTS
	- TNT|12
  SurvivorStart:
	Adventurer:
	- WOODEN_SWORD
	- BOW
	- ARROWS|24
	- LEATHER_TUNIC
	- LEATHER_TROUSERS
	- LEATHER_BOOTS

Last edited:

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I really appreciate that you went with a theme that is much different from other maps. The overall gameplay should be alright, but since you went with a very different theme there are some complications. First of all, the trees. The trees are the default trees that are in nearly every other map, and when paired with the clay it just doesn't look that nice. Perhaps some custom trees that are made of clay would look better. I also feel like the houses are rather plain and ordinary in contrast with the rest of the map. In the end, I'm probably just nitpicking though, so I'd be easily swayed to change my vote if you updated the map.

Going with a 0, spice up the trees and houses and I'll be willing to give a +1.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
When I had initially seen the map, I wasn't too sure what to think. And I'm still a little stuck now.

I do like how the map was made to change how terrain is done, using Clay. But in turn the map does seem a little cramped. I don't know exactly how that will affect gameplay but I think it may cause issues. Also touching on what Ryan said, to me the Trees could easily be updated to Clay. The houses could use a little bit of work as well, as they seem to be a simplistic design (and small). I do understand that there aren't the same resources available in Clay as there are in things such as planks, stairs, and halfslabs, so updating the houses may be a challenge (or thrown out of the window completely) but I would like to see an attempt.

For now I'm going to hold at a 0 but may change my mind later on, and if the map is updated in some way.
Good luck!

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
This honestly isn't what I was expecting. When I said custom trees, I meant maybe brown clay and green clay ones, but more of a different shape than a different material. The addition of orange trees look much better than it did when you showed it to me and there were only pink ones, but it still looks worse than the original in my opinion. The houses are still an issue to me because they fit in even less now that you made the rest of the map very bright and colorful, but the houses are still plain.

Going to have to go with a -1 as of now, I see you on BB often though and I can give you some tips there.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. The trees would probably go well in a map themed for what they are. Think of The Trip, maybe. But for this map they just seem really out of place. Things could've definitely gone better for this.

I'm going to change to a -1 until I can see some positive changes be made.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm, if you made the trees autumn-themed, you would need to add some portion of the ground as the same colours for fallen leaves. This ended up looking a bit like someone's gone about painting the roses trees red pink.

Terre936

Reaction score
The kits are fine as they are. The problem, though, is the overall design. The houses could use a different design to fit in with the new trees you've added, or vice versa. Also, since the map is small, add more underground areas, but make it fit with the theme of the area above ground.

I'm sure you can accomplish this, considering you have made a few AoD maps. Take our feedback as a tip to help your map become better.
Don't feel discouraged, though. If you're able to make the right changes, it'll work out. c:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Scout should get atleast a wood sword or else it'll be like Dragonwrecks, where we had to add swords in a chest at spawn or else survivors could get an easy win. Other than that, the kits seem fine.

I also agree with Terre with the fact, that since the map is relatively small, you should add more caves or even make them a bit deeper.

For now, it'll be a 0 until tweaks are made.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ShadeSlayer98
G

Guest35486

Honestly, I liked the map better when it had the normal trees. Maybe change the colors of the trees? I looked around the map, the design is fine other than the trees, from what I can see.
I think the kits are good.
For now I'm going with a 0. Change the map on what the staff said and I might change it to a +1. Good luck!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for submitting a map Weak! =)

Regarding the way the map looks, the Aesthetics
I dont really like it. The clay theme on a map acan be great, and you see that you are trying to be unique here, but I just dont think it fit quite in at the moment. The houses are not very detailed, and while I do understand its not easy to build houses that fit with clay, I really think they seem out of place here, try changing the material they are made with, I am no great builder, but I think that it might look better if you use stonebricks, stone, quartz, tinted glass and stuff like that. When you have replaced the entire map with clay, it looks odd to see those items added again in the houses. Other than that, add some details to them and I think that should be good.

The layout of the map.
the map itself can feel small and cramped, there is not really much room to move around on, so I am happy to see that you made the round time shorter, but I am still a bit worries about the size, even with the underground areas, the tunnels. There will not really be possible to hide at all at this map, just fighting, and I think that it would be better if it was a bit morre.

Combat and item wise.
I think you have done a great job on the item side here. The kits seem very balanced for both hunters and survivors, according to the items that are in the chests around the map. I see that you have added potions to them and I think I would ask you to remove the strength potions, it just breaks the gameplay really bad. Other than that, nice to see that you named a couple of items ;D

So to sum it up, I do see that this map can do good, its unique, but I do not like it in its current state. I will vote -1 for now, but if you adress the changes that I have written, I will change that to 1+.

Sum up on changes:
  • Remove strength pot
  • Add more hiding spots, and possibly add more areas/make the map itself bigger
  • Change the houses

Terre936

Reaction score
I like the changes you've made. Houses fit in with the theme a lot better now, terrain is okay, and the new trees seem to fit in as well. The chests are nicely spread out around the map. The "above-ground" part of the map is small, but the underground portions extend the map.
+1

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I am no longer staff here, so I cant actualy vote, but I'll give some fedback anywho!

Okay, so now I actually like how this map looks, it fits very well together, and you have added a alot of details, very good, though the theme may not be al that appealing to everyone, its a really unique map!

I have checked the chests around the map, and it all seem very well balanced, and I like that there are named items.

The map itself may seem a bit small at first look, but there is a lot of underground areas, and although it might get a bit crowded with 20+ people on, I believe this map wont have size issues normally.

I think this map deserves a trial, and if I could still vote/change my vote, I would vote 1+ .

• Thank You
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
After looking at it again, I see you have made some edits. It's great how there's a bit more structures around, and you also edited the kits.

I will be changing my vote to a +1

Status
Not open for further replies.