Change the difficulty to Normal

W

Wimali

I've always felt like the Easy difficulty was... well... too easy. It just doesn't really offer a challenge and I believe Normal difficulty would be more fun. Of course it would be more deadly and cause more anger- But that's exactly what makes it fun. As the mob issues seem to have been fixed as well(?) I think it would be no problem to increase the difficulty. Changing it to Hard would be too much however, in my opinion, as hunger would kill you.

Another suggestion is to keep the difficulty at Easy, but perhaps change it to Normal for people in Ironman, and only for them. But I'm fairly sure that's not possible, just wanted to drop that in here.

• Agree
Reactions: crafter

crafter

Reaction score
I have never been scared of mobs on RoF. Even before I would buy armor I wasn't scared to charge into a crowd of them with my iron sword. Now with just iron armor I never die to mobs. I agree, they are too easy :)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Another suggestion is to keep the difficulty at Easy, but perhaps change it to Normal for people in Ironman, and only for them. But I'm fairly sure that's not possible, just wanted to drop that in here.
A server difficulty is a serv difficulty, there is no way to change a single persons difficulty.

Anyway, I don't particularly like this. I feel that with the new players, having it at Normal would be too hard, from my perspective, for the brand new players.

• Agree
Reactions: Willchill

unbeliever

Reaction score
A server difficulty is a serv difficulty, [hl]there is no way to change a single persons difficulty.[/hl]

Anyway, I don't particularly like this. I feel that with the new players, having it at Normal would be too hard, from my perspective, for the brand new players.
Orly? Tell that to SethBling. xD

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
A server difficulty is a serv difficulty, there is no way to change a single persons difficulty.

Actually you can change a single players difficulty with command blocks.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Actually you can change a single players difficulty with command blocks.
Do you think they'd go through the trouble of that though? Plus, it would probably be a bit glitchy because it's the mobs that are increased, players would get extremely confused as to why the players on higher difficulties were fighting mobs they couldn't see. That's what I'd think, at least.

And sethbling is too smart, sh.
I actually didn't know it was possible, though o:

Sploorky

Reaction score
Do you think they'd go through the trouble of that though? Plus, it would probably be a bit glitchy because it's the mobs that are increased, players would get extremely confused as to why the players on higher difficulties were fighting mobs they couldn't see. That's what I'd think, at least.

And sethbling is too smart, sh.
I actually didn't know it was possible, though o:
there wouldn't be more mobs for the people on higher difficulties, the mobs would just do more damage ;).

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Map mapmakers can change the difficulty and even the game mode (to adventure or survival) so if you wanted certain players in r=20 to be in hard mode because its a mod arena you can. Just make the map ;)