Cat's Mini-Map Collection Mark One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I would like to submit all the "Mini-Maps" i have created on buildbox to AoD.
The plot in Buildbox is ID:-12;14.
Please remember to add the listed potion effects to the correct kit(s) and that the Behemoth kits are to be a rare acquire (1 in 100+ chance to get)
If you are wondering why i have momentarily become active on the forums again, it is solely because i wish to submit these "mini-maps" to AoD and i will not be making any further posts, less it be for another map submition.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
-1. I do not think any of these "Mini-Maps" should be added to the server. Each mini map is extremely lacking in detail and seems as if they were made in little to no time at all. I also dislike the fact that you did not bother to use the map submission format. This causes us to not know what the kits are, no screenshots to look at the map beforehand, no warp or anything to the plot, et cetera. If you want stuff to be added you should try to show a little effort at the very least.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score

You had good intent with this, and not to be rude, but... I just don't see it. This isn't living up to any potential. You didn't use the format. Like Mmarz said, try to show some effort before doing this.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
sorry, all though if you use warp Frostland, you can find them. each mini-map has it's information listed on the signs on one of the sides, they should be easy to find due to having a mess of signs on that particular side. Now sure, these don't have a lot of detail, sure these are small, but if you look at the kitsm you should be able to see how closely the resemble each other on both teams. Maybe it is a fatal mistake for me to NOT include heavy detail, but my focus has solely been on making maps with balanced kits (and this should be mostly true on the latest one: Hostile Mobs i beleive i called it.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I'm going with -1.

All of them are too small and have little attention to detail and very little detail in general. Also as Mmarz said, the fact that you showed barely any effort also is a negative, as I'd prefer if everyone at least tried to use the map submission format. As for the kits being balanced (though I couldn't see them due to you not using the format and me not being added on your plot), that's a nice idea but doesn't make up for the lack of effort in the maps themselves. In short - with all of those things considered, I don't want to see these maps in the server.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Very well, I'll scrap those for something else. In the meantime, perhaps I could be taught how to upload maps and screenshots directly from my computer to blocktopia. If this could be done, I have a better map in offer (though the terrain isn't currently worked on, the map is bigger and took roughly 7-9 hours work initially). If you remember last year when i had suggested we do something for Luigi's Mansion PVP, I still have that map and if any of you could teach me, i'd be happy to show you what I have done with it. The only flaws is that i barely have any terrain and that i have been unable to test the classes due to a redstone/commnad block bug that prevented it starting in vanilla.
In other words: Let me modify my Luigi's Mansion mini-game, teach me how to upload maps and screenshots, and i can show you what i did in the summer of 2012.

G

Guest35486

Very well, I'll scrap those for something else. In the meantime, perhaps I could be taught how to upload maps and screenshots directly from my computer to blocktopia. If this could be done, I have a better map in offer (though the terrain isn't currently worked on, the map is bigger and took roughly 7-9 hours work initially). If you remember last year when i had suggested we do something for Luigi's Mansion PVP, I still have that map and if any of you could teach me, i'd be happy to show you what I have done with it. The only flaws is that i barely have any terrain and that i have been unable to test the classes due to a redstone/commnad block bug that prevented it starting in vanilla.
In other words: Let me modify my Luigi's Mansion mini-game, teach me how to upload maps and screenshots, and i can show you what i did in the summer of 2012.
To upload pictures/screenshots/maps, you can use websites. For screenshots, I use photobucket and for maps I use mediafire. Or if you build your maps on Blocktopia's Buildbox server, you can save a schematic (world save, can be found in /help) and visit Blocktopia's schematic website to find/link it. Good luck on your maps!

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Ok thanks.
The map and screenshots of it will not be available until thursday, March 20th or later...
I should also mention that it might take a while to finish modifications on this map, since it was originaly designed as a 12 v 4 team death match. should I create a new thread for this map, or stick with this one?

Post Update: I will not be able to upload this particular map until blocktopia updates to 1.8 due to the map being synced with the snapshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.