Catalyst PvP Map

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
What this map does well:
It's very creative, and has many interesting secrets. Could provide hours of fun strategic play of all of the players are co-operating.

What this map doesn't do so well:
It doesn't really stop anyone from cheating, ex. breaking the red stone torches themselves, or blocking the water illegally. It might be a bit confusing for some players.

Should this map be accepted?
Yes, but to be tested first.

Extra Comments:
Very creative map overall!

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Wow, this would be a great addition to our string of PvP maps. Like Dragosh said, for cooperating players, you can find a lot of ways to trump your friends. And, it seems like complete strategy. You do not need pure PvP physique alone. ;)
It has the same general aspects of Gunships too. Break a block with a long break time to get closer to winning.

Theres not much not to like. You would just need a staff memeber/ mature players when playing this, or players could mess with the map outside of the arena.

I want to see this map tested, but I really like this map. Yes.

Wow, this is a map of excellent architexture.

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
What this map does well:
A good map. People like to play these kinds of map. It looks good as well and it's a great idea! Yes, lets give this a try.

As the previous statements said, you really need a ref for this one. People can easily break rules and use that in their advance.

I want to test it with my fellow OPs to see if it works!

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
What this map does well:
Looks awesome and built very well. Would be very fun to play.

Will need a ref every time this is being played to be actually played right.

Indeed!

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
What this map does well:
Instead of being given everything from the beginning you have to collect supplies to help your team. Very beautiful map. If he wanted to make a very difficult map he succeeded.

• No way to protect your base.
    • Items could be stolen/ spawn camped when you spawn from beds.
  • Does not separate to teams to other sides of the map.
    • They start on the same side and then they have to walk over to their correct side.
  • They are given stone tools to break the obsidian with.
    • That means it will take about 55 seconds per obsidian block to allow water to flow.
    • Add the pvping on top of that and those obsidian blocks could never be broken on a the map with max number of players
    • There is about 11 diamond blocks on this map but can only be found at the the final layer which is guarded by about 30+ spawners scattered throughout the two floors.
  • These spawners are located at the layer with the iron ore and you only have on you leather armor and stone swords.
    • There was only enough leather in chests at base for one whole set of armor and 8 leather left over.
    • You can find more leather down in the cave with all of the spawners in a secret chest.
  • Nothing to stop people from falling in the hole where water has to go.
    • No way out either if you do fall in.
      • Either requiring us to get them out
      • Or they pillar out blocking the water flow and causing another person to have to fix it.
        • It is a six block deep hole and your reach can only dig through two of the six.

No

Extra Comments:
  • @GmK Which map are you talking about on that thread? the V1 map with the goal of breaking the torches? or the vPvP2 where they just battle it out to the death? I reviewed the V1 map just so you know.
  • I went through this map in peaceful and normal mode (mostly peaceful) and just think this map will cause a lot of rage and is very difficult.