Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Town name:
Castle Concord
Town theme:
Medieval
Introduction of your town:
Composed of primarily it’s grand achievement, Castle Concord, built single-handedly by the greatest architects and engineers in the land, by the most devoted, and strong-willed lords and ladies in the kingdom, we stand to make a lasting impression on the lands of Elysium. We try to focus on a larger, grander scale of construction than that of small villages, as of this moment in the least.

Located on the calm shores of Lake (To be debated upon), and in the fertile valley of (to be debated upon),we enjoy the convenience of easy access to a number of neighboring and foreign lands, including...
- Port Fisk
- The Wizards Tower
- Novus Astorum (Ally)
- Crucia (Ally)
- Castra Fort
- And the Dreaded Wall.
Together we share a common ground, and exchange in friendly pleasantries on occasion.
We hope we share an ally in each and every one of these towns, though nothing is official as of this moment.

We are a town and community of working people, tied into groups to work together in completing a variety and complex goals and projects that we hope to come into fruition later in our towns lifetime. Although we differ in playstyles and timezones, we make up for the time we may not see each other with the work we do.
We want all of our member in a say in the landscape and how the Castle itself looks, and have members in charge of different projects and let them do as they wish with them, such as our dear Peli with the Docks, and DJJono with the upcoming Railway station.
The approximate coordinates of the towncenter:
x: -852 z:944
Members(included yourself and leaders):
K1ngHoward ("King")
Jkangaroo (Most Trusted Official to the King)
Trap_Wolf
Arxx
Myusername66
Digitalmez
Hahahaha00
JappaApple
Mach9824
MustaBear

Chest-protection:
YES
Prefered tag:
&4S&cer

Screenshot of the town:
We made the castle first on bb so we could plan ahead. To get to the castle on bb type "/mvtp plots" then "/warp k1ngsplot" to see the more completed version. Though the smp castle is not too far behind and anything in the bb version has been made and transferred over to smp.
Full Castle View

Great Hall

Ruby Court of Concord

Craftman's Ward

Librarian's Laboratorium

Living Quarters

Why should your town be official:
The Ruby Court of Concord started from humble beginnings traveling to this foreign land and only had two people following under its banner. When we finally settled down in this land of prosperity our banner call spread far and wide for the best of the best and those who came to its doors seeking a place to stay. Our great kingdom has grown in numbers and as any King would, wants to protect his citizens. I have seen this kingdom grow from the remains of a once greater kingdom and only ask for the protection of this land for my citizens to come home to. A King is nothing without his citizens and i want the best for them. I want Concord to be the place everyone can call home and spread our banner of skill and companionship to the other lands around us. Our job is not yet complete, but by making our land official in the eyes of our Mayor we can raise up a new call to our brethren and breath even more life into our great Castle Concord.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I normally hold back my votes before I've seen the village/town, and even more so on break, but honestly, I've been amazed and impressed by the dedication, ideas and themes that Castle Concord holds. It's amazing you guys have been so persistent with building this monster of a castle! I also appreciate the infinite trust between members, and that is something that defines you and on its own makes me feel you guys would be a responsible, tight-knit town. The castle is almost finished, and I feel you guys are at the stage where having a town status could propel you further to completing the castle. My only question is where you might expand with definite walls already in place, but I'm reassured that if you guys could come up with enough ideas to finish this, you can continue expanding, touching up and living under the leadership of the "K1ng." I also am confused as to why the title is "Ser," as I think it could be better represented as "CC" or something of the sort, but that's not a concern that I really would think about again. All in all, I think you could guess that this is a confident +1. Best of luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
A bit messed up on the tag, eh?

I absolutely love this settlement. From the hulking peaks of the towers, to the gorgeous courtyard, to the throne room itself. I've seen quite a bit of the Castle, and let me tell you I am impressed. You've put so much work and time into this project it's inspiring, even planning ahead via BB. What I also love about Castle Concord is the roleplay aspect. (And I am just a sucker for roleplay. ;)) I was there when you and Crucia signed a Treaty of Alliance. (I still have said treaty in my chest.) I mean, your leader is even a KING. I'm so excited to see where Castle Concord heads from here. I expect great things from you, so please don't let me down! :D

I vote +1 and wish you the best of luck.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
My only question is where you might expand with definite walls already in place, but I'm reassured that if you guys could come up with enough ideas to finish this, you can continue expanding, touching up and living under the leadership of the "K1ng." I also am confused as to why the title is "Ser," as I think it could be better represented as "CC" or something of the sort, but that's not a concern that I really would think about again. All in all, I think you could guess that this is a confident +1. Best of luck.
I believe we settled on the title of "Ser," for as seen in recent literary and other works normally taken place in medieval or said settings, the title of "Ser" normally refers to that of a gender-neutral title to replace that of "Sir" normally held by those in occupations such as Knights, or merely of people of regard.

I believe we were also thinking of ideas such as "CC" or "Concord" as a title, but merely having a title for "CC" looks strange and does not entirely explain anything about the clan in good detail. "Concord" I believe we did not look into as the title can only be a maximum of 6 letters correct? Like: Crucia, Snow, Wizard, Sancti, and the like are all 6 letters or less. Concord is 7, unlike others.

On terms of the other question, I believe I made a little example in our main thread: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/castle-concord.10682/#post-174590
Regarding expansion outside of the castle.
It is-- essentially just a castle in itself, and is the main base of operations and the main focal point of the town.
Hopefully, in the near future and current project after finishing up small details regarding the castle itself with members branching out and such to other projects or just doing their own thing, with possible ideas and projects and things we can do after the Castle of course.
Such as:
((REMEMBER, ALL ARE JUST IDEAS FOR THE FUTURE. MAY NOT ACTUALLY OCCUR. BETA is BETA.))
Other Projects
  • Concord Docks
    • Fellow members to assist Peli (aka Hahaha00000) in construction of majestic Stone docks and stalwart wooden ships.
    • Groundbreaking and Construction of Concord Lighthouse
    • Create possible
  • Outlying Landscape
    • Construct Pine/Spruce/Oak/Birch/etc forest.
    • Construct roads and bridges to a variety of outlying locations.
    • Re-make mountains/hills to increase landscapes neatness
    • Fill in any caves and make safe the landscape for common travelers.
  • Railway and Trainstation
    • Is currently being debated upon. Location as of yet is undecided.
  • Possible Future Project: Member’s Town
    • Construct town between interlocking Rivers for private residence of Castle Concord members, so members will not need to remain in their large and luxurious, though confining rooms within the Castle Keep itself. (Because it's always better to have your own home to call your own and express yourself through your building!)
  • Possible Future Project: Never-Concord (Name to be debated upon)
    • Located in the Nether region of the Minecraft Elemental Plane, Never-Concord shall watch over the Nether as a smaller, variable to that of its Normal Counterpart in the Overworld. It shall act as a safe haven to all that wish to hide from the dangers outside its walls.(Thanks to Myuser for the suggestion!)
  • Possible Future Project: Castle and Town Sewers!
    • Possibly replacing a dungeon under the castle, sewers allow sneaky access into the castle and different sections of the town, making the area feel more realistic!
  • Possible Future Project: Town-Made Dungeons!
    • The name says it all, as, in the very, very, very far future, ideas for dungeons possibly being incorporated into areas around or even inside the castle itself seems like a nice-ambitious idea.
I believe main focus would be on actually making an actual player-made town so members can actually build their own houses and make it more of an actual "town" and actually give more benefit for the people to actually have something to call an actual home; which is why I've started kind of terra-forming the plains outside concord to kind of-- making a rough outline of a possible town region. Everything else is still either an idea or thought in the making, so they could go either way if people really want to do them.

They'res actually a lot of things that can be expanded upon besides the castle itself if you look for it.

Also: Here is a complete player list besides the current settlers for the town requirements (which are above)
CITIZEN:
-Trap_Wolf
-JKangaroo
-Digitalmez
SETTLER:
-K1ngHoward
-H3nry
-Myusername
-Arxx
-JappaApple
-Mach9824
-Solis/JWhitty
-MustabearXD
-Hahaha0000/Peli
NOMAD:
-Jivvi
-DJJonosound (I believe, may be settler)
-Sp3ct3r_2k11
-Knight365 (Busy with School at the moment)

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
After a quick 2 minute look about (but, of course I stayed longer!) , it was obvious this town was a winner. I especially love the little design features, such as the wall lamp posts. The piston doors also caught me off gaurd, showing me how resourceful and clever the town is. Very deserving of the +1, loved every bit.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
The design and size of this is amazing, simply amazing. The amount of time, dedication, and work to build this place astonishes me. Everything fits; theme, decoration, layout. It's beautiful.

My only pet peeve is this. Despite being named "Castle Concord," to me i just don't see this as a /town/ but more of a beautiful, gigantic building. Clearly you have more room to grow, and projects in the work. I do hope you consider your "Member's town" to be apart of this in the near future. With it, i'll see this as more of a /town/

Still, I'm going to give a +1 just because of its amazing-ness now.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I'm not on the member's list. :(
Also: Here is a complete player list besides the current settlers for the town requirements (which are above)
CITIZEN:
-Trap_Wolf
-JKangaroo
-Digitalmez
SETTLER:
-K1ngHoward
-H3nry <---
-Myusername
-Arxx
-JappaApple
-Mach9824
-Solis/JWhitty
-MustabearXD
-Hahaha0000/Peli
NOMAD:
-Jivvi
-DJJonosound (I believe, may be settler)
-Sp3ct3r_2k11
-Knight365 (Busy with School at the moment)

• Useful
Reactions: Duffie

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
K1ngHoward is my suggestion fine with you? :p But on topic of this application... It has a strong theme, and everything built within is medieval themed. Organisation looks like one of the better on the server, since this has been decently planned as I know, and from the looks of it, it looks great! Though I was never sure that the users of the list live there, but if they are, that is quite a suprise to me! I hope they will all stay though, since I cannot imagine any better castle! :p

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
K1ngHoward is my suggestion fine with you? :p But on topic of this application... It has a strong theme, and everything built within is medieval themed. Organisation looks like one of the better on the server, since this has been decently planned as I know, and from the looks of it, it looks great! Though I was never sure that the users of the list live there, but if they are, that is quite a suprise to me! I hope they will all stay though, since I cannot imagine any better castle! :p
Yes the suggestion is fine right now we are talking with everyone to find another tag for our town since you don't like "Ser". You couldn't tell how many people lived there since we actually lived underground in a natural cave system since the town was first started. Everyone just lived in the cave together since it was easier to gather together underground away from the building site. Now that the castle is reaching further development we have started moving everything out of our underground home and moving it topside.
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and would love you all to come see it when it is complete :D

Status
Not open for further replies.