Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhyldir

Reaction score
Map Name: Thermal Anarchy
Map Authors: Bhyldir,Swift_siren
Game Type:
Capture the Flag
Map Worldborder: We have already taken care of this by adding 166 along the mountains.
Download: /warp thermalanarchy
Round Time: 8
Minutes
Names of Teams: Red and Blue
Spawn Locations:
The spawn locations have been specified with bedrock blocks.
Flag Locations: Each side has 1 flag in the center of their castle those will be the flags.
[Optional] Fall damage:
No.
[Optional] Can drown: No.
Note: Since there have been some complaints on the size of the map, We have decided to change it so that the map would only get activated if there are 10+ players, inorder for this to work there would need to be a plugin though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 7824

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Additional Information:
All Players will be given an Elytra upon login, in addition to Speed II. (If these are possible).

Spawn locations are at /Warp TAR (Red or 'Fire') and /Warp TAB (Blue or 'Ice'). The Team names are Optional, whichever is easiest to use on the server.

The flags will have the Bottom half removed when taken. The top half is for decoration purposes.

For ease, warps have beens setup for all of the Jump pads. Using /Warp TA1 to /Warp TA16. All Jumps are Self-Explanatory (Hopefully).

The River will kill those who fall in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 7824

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission Bhyldir and Swift_Siren!

First of all the map looks gorgeous while still really clean, which is really good.
Having a round time of 15 minutes is not realistic though and will create problems, basically rounds should never last longer than 10 minutes. I think for this map even 8 minutes would be appropriate.
Spawns are kinda easy to camp as they're on one of the paths to the flag but because the other ways seem better I don't think it will too bad.
The speed 2 helps a lot in getting across the map but it's still really large and there probably need to be at least 4-5 players per team for this to work.

If/when map selection takes into account online pcount then I'd give it a +1
For now I have to vote 0 because when there are few players online they can get stuck on a timely and large map.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I'm going to follow vat with this one with a 0. It's a great map, looks great and the gameplay would be really good but it is huge map and that worries me with our player count. If it was added, in peak times it would be a popular map. So, if it was added, I definately wouldn't complain.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like the look of the map, the aesthetics are very pleasing and it seems very fluent. I'm a big fan of the layout EXCEPT for where the spawns are. I think it would be a bit of a problem having the spawn beneath the flag the way it is, as the enemy would be able to run off in any direction before someone could make it to their flag, It's very easy to hide and camp which I feel like may be an issue.

I will give it a +1 as there is no harm in it being in rotation to see how it plays out, but like others said, it is a big map for a small playerbase and would require a fair few players online.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for sending this map!
The map looks really nice and I bet that in many players it will be lots of fun, however, I'm worried about all that flat place in the middle. The problem is that there are not many obstacles and cover apart from the tree's and the pillars and that could be a problem as it will be easy to get shot. Moreover this map is really big so it will be a problem when in not many players. For now its a 0 but if you add some barriers in that flat place I might change my vote to a +1. Also, if this map doesn't get put in for ctf, I'd like to see you post it for zombies.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for sending this map!
The map looks really nice and I bet that in many players it will be lots of fun, however, I'm worried about all that flat place in the middle. The problem is that there are not many obstacles and cover apart from the tree's and the pillars and that could be a problem as it will be easy to get shot. Moreover this map is really big so it will be a problem when in not many players. For now its a 0 but if you add some barriers in that flat place I might change my vote to a +1. Also, if this map doesn't get put in for ctf, I'd like to see you post it for zombies.
Think of the Elytras... =C
ComputerGuy_ is it possible to have Sword+ bow for high player count and Rockets for low player count, etc..?

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
After looking to the map I will go with a [BCOLOR=#808080]0[/BCOLOR] while leaning to a +1

The map is really nice and bigger then the regular CTF maps which I like (since all are quiet full with 15+ players on) and the decoration is really nice however, the terrain is really really flat and beside the trees there's no cover which makes it hard to move forward if there are much people online. Please add more obstacles and cover and I will change my vote to a +1

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Bhyldir and Swift_Siren you've received mixed feedback for the map, so I won't accept it in its current state.
Add some cover in the open area, and also integrate some way for players to die in the centre (make it void / lava?) because I can't make players die there. Also, I would add some barriers to some portions of the map, e.g. the cave type area on the sides of the river. Other than that, if you could list where the jump pads are that would be useful.
Read the comments, and make some adjustments, then just tag me when you're done

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Bhyldir and Swift_Siren you've received mixed feedback for the map, so I won't accept it in its current state.
Add some cover in the open area, and also integrate some way for players to die in the centre (make it void / lava?) because I can't make players die there. Also, I would add some barriers to some portions of the map, e.g. the cave type area on the sides of the river. Other than that, if you could list where the jump pads are that would be useful.
Read the comments, and make some adjustments, then just tag me when you're done
Unsure if you'd missed these, I'd responded awkwardly:
  • All Players will be given an Elytra upon login, in addition to Speed II. (If these are possible).
    Spawn locations are at /Warp TAR (Red or 'Fire') and /Warp TAB (Blue or 'Ice'). The Team names are Optional, whichever is easiest to use on the server.
  • The flags will have the Bottom half removed when taken. The top half is for decoration purposes.
  • For ease, warps have beens setup for all of the Jump pads. Using /Warp TA1 to /Warp TA16. [Did you want Warps or Coordinates? ]All Jumps are Self-Explanatory (Hopefully).
  • The River will kill those who fall in, we'll work to find a solution to this problem, without ruining the map completely.
  • We'll add some more cover to the centre of the map, I assume you want more vegetation or some ruins.
  • Any other suggestions before we resubmitting this map (on this thread?) and change things; if so, tell us - I'm available on Discord.
Thanks!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Unsure if you'd missed these, I'd responded awkwardly:
  • All Players will be given an Elytra upon login, in addition to Speed II. (If these are possible).
  • The flags will have the Bottom half removed when taken. The top half is for decoration purposes.
  • For ease, warps have beens setup for all of the Jump pads. Using /Warp TA1 to /Warp TA16. [Did you want Warps or Coordinates? ]All Jumps are Self-Explanatory (Hopefully).
  • The River will kill those who fall in, we'll work to find a solution to this problem, without ruining the map completely.
  • We'll add some more cover to the centre of the map, I assume you want more vegetation or some ruins.
  • Any other suggestions before we resubmitting this map (on this thread?) and change things; if so, tell us - I'm available on Discord.
Thanks!
Players will need Elytra in their kit otherwise once they've died they'll be at a disadvantage.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Well considering we've had no updates on this, and its not entirely finished, I'll have to decline it for now. Feel free to re-submit when its done.
Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.