Cannons - Spleefing to take control

Do you think this will help the Problem?

• Definitely

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • In some ways

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Never

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
T

Tiger_087

Situation:
When players buy a cannon for themselves, usually the entire team tries to take control of it and sometimes spleef the obsidian blocks so that the user falls through the bottom. It can be pretty frustrating for players who are getting a number of kills from using the cannon, or newcomers who are still getting used to the game.
Suggestion:
Just like in Zombie survival, I think that spleefing team mates should not be allowed - at least not on cannons. If this was added then people will stop abusing the glitch and play normally.
Pros:
- Players will stop abusing the glitch.
- Newcomers won't find themselves falling through what appears to be a solid block of obsidian.
- There is a slight chance players will stop fighting for cannons.
Cons:
- Players may attempt to push others off
- Players might continue to take control by spamming 'left-click' on the glass blocks

Thank you for reading this and feel free to criticise.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Be sportsman like in your manner on the server
  • Essentially, don't whine if you lose, don't falsely accuse people of hacking because they are better than you, and don't beg for currency.
  • This also includes spleefing your teammates, which is deleting the block under them so that they may fall. This is especially the case for cannons.
Likely course of action: Verbal Warn, Warn, Warn, Kick, Kick, Ban.

T

Tiger_087

Team spleefing is already against the rules. :) I believe it falls under poor sportsmanship.
I know that no spleefing is already on the rules but players still do it, especially when they're after a cannon. If a system similar to Lava/Zombie could be coded, that would solve thisproblem completely.

Inon

Roses are red, violets are blue
Donor
Reaction score
What I see happening is TNT placed onto the cannon, which knocks them off all the time

T

Tiger_087

What I see happening is TNT placed onto the cannon, which knocks them off all the time
I think it's fine if an opponent does it, but in the case of team mates...it's completely different. They're breaking the rule "show good sportsmanship".

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I've attempted on numerous occasions to find out where the shape of the cannon is defined etc, and it's not clear as to how to change it. If I knew where it was, I'd be able to change it so that it was non-spleefable. But I don't, so I can't.

T

Tiger_087

I've attempted on numerous occasions to find out where the shape of the cannon is defined etc, and it's not clear as to how to change it. If I knew where it was, I'd be able to change it so that it was non-spleefable. But I don't, so I can't.
Would @destroyerx1 know where the shape is defined?