Campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
Concept: The concept has been done before in the past but it is fine that another map is using it.

Execution: I like that the map is well connected and the various different paths players can take. I think the quartz building needs more variety in block choice as the building is quite bland. Also, I do not understand why there are chests on top of the quartz building with the kits in them. Might want to have those removed. Might also want to get rid of the large empty area under the building to the left of the spawn and maybe the message that was left for cmajor although it is quite minor.

Gameplay: I think there are a lot of different areas for people to go to whether they want to hide or hold their ground. The maps allows for different ways for players to survive. There are quite a few chests scattered throughout the map. I would have liked to know what was in the chests to get a better idea but I was not able to get the schematic to work on my personal private test server.

Kits: I think the kits might need a bit of tweaking. There is a lot of chainmail and iron in a majority of the kits and I think these could either be leather or hidden away in chests. The Juggernaut kit probably should get a sword as I don't think a bow and arrow will be enough to hold the hunters off much.

I think the map is headed on the right track but however has a few things that should be improved. For the time being, 0.
The juggernaut kit was supposed to have a sword, and i forgot to put it in there. The kits ontop of the building was just a reference for when i was typing the coding-stuff(I also forgot to take that out.) The large empty area I've also forgotten to fill up. I remember one of us making it by mistake and we were too lazy to fix it during said time.

For the Main Building being to bland, I will definetly find something to make it look less boring, it shouldnt be too hard.

Now for the kits,
As I said before, I forgot to give the juggy a sword, Ill edit that later.
You've said that some of the human armour should be replaced with leather. Majority of the hunters have iron and chain as well. I feel giving humans leather would make the Hunters a little more OP. There's also chest around the map giving humans the upper hand(IE: I believe there is one pair of diamond boots, 1 diamond sword, and one diamond helmet on the map.) Are you sure you want me to weaken the humans?

Also would you like me to give you perms so you can see whats in the chests?

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
You've said that some of the human armour should be replaced with leather. Majority of the hunters have iron and chain as well. I feel giving humans leather would make the Hunters a little more OP. There's also chest around the map giving humans the upper hand(IE: I believe there is one pair of diamond boots, 1 diamond sword, and one diamond helmet on the map.) Are you sure you want me to weaken the humans?

Also would you like me to give you perms so you can see whats in the chests?
I was thinking more all the kits not just the survivors. Pretty much every kit has iron/chain and I think it would be better if people would have to be searching/killing in order to get better armor and such.

Only if you want to.

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
I was thinking more all the kits not just the survivors. Pretty much every kit has iron/chain and I think it would be better if people would have to be searching/killing in order to get better armor and such.

Only if you want to.
Oh.. Ok, i understand what you're asking now, and it shouldnt be too hard to fix the kits up like you asked either. Im on it.

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score

Only if you want to.
OK. So I changed everything you wanted me to.

-The Building main building is more detailed
-The Underground hole is fixed
-The Kits are fixed(I think? I don't remember doing it but i feel like I did. I think i SLIGHTLY nerfed the Hunter kits to make stuff a little more even.)
-The chests ontop of the Building are removed
-I gave the juggy a sword

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Although build quality isn't as big a factor as, say, gameplay (which seems pretty good here), it certainly helps the appeal of a map if it looks good. The block choices don't look right, there are quite a few areas that are too flat, and overall it is just bland.

I'll be going with a 0 until this is fixed. If you need help with fixing things, shoot me a private message or talk to me in-game.

G

Guest35486

Thank you for your submission! The map looks really nice, however, I am going to vote a 0. If you improve on what the other Operators mentioned, the vote can change into a +1. Good luck!

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I know I'm not an op or have I seen this build in person but I must say what's with all those potions in The iteam frames? Look a little over powered. Anyways nice build!

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
I know I'm not an op or have I seen this build in person but I must say what's with all those potions in The iteam frames? Look a little over powered. Anyways nice build!
They're actually really weak health and speed potions. Nothing too big. I think there is One strength potion, but that's probably going to be taken out once we've finished the map completely...

Status
Not open for further replies.