Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Vetops, Including ZC Avantgarde do teleport all campers to the spawn I think, If they camp.. As zombie camping ruins the gameplay.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I don't think it should be illegal, personally. Although it IS an unliked strategy, it does account for kills that make rounds on that map a little more fast. I feel as if it were banned, it would be waaay too hard for refs to account for all of the camping zombies. Plus, the award would be easier to get, and awards are supposed to be challenging.

I'd keep it, just because making it illegal would kinda ruin some balance.

Mccuish

The Canadian Nightmare
Contributor
Reaction score
its an evil strategy and i can admit i've camped on grandprix and i've been accused of camping because i'm chatting with someone at a bad time :rolleyes:

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
By now you should know something to have an advantage, and instead of removing it you could think for 10 minutes straight (not an insult) and see if you find a solution to use.

That's how I play TF2 as spy :)

M

Myst

By now you should know something to have an advantage, and instead of removing it you could think for 10 minutes straight (not an insult) and see if you find a solution to use.

That's how I play TF2 as spy :)
Wait for a silly Human to distract them, use the second route, spleef them.
I like Shiny's answer though, couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Have you two even once played grandprix? There are a few spots that will make doing laps impossible for humans.

The concept offers something new to zombie and people enjoyed it before camping became popular. At this point it would be best to remove it from the rotation because it only causes frustration. Unless someone makes a fix or a new map of course.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Have you two even once played grandprix? There are a few spots that will make doing laps impossible for humans.

The concept offers something new to zombie and people enjoyed it before camping became popular. At this point it would be best to remove it from the rotation because it only causes frustration. Unless someone makes a fix or a new map of course.
To be honest, I haven't seen it in the rotation for a long long while, but, I do remember when I ran into this problem, I let others ahead of me. I don't know if it's gotten worse or not to the point where you can't avoid it whatsoever.

Summer10

Reaction score
I avoided a camper yesterday he was waiting for me to jump off the yello course right before the lava part so i took the 2*1 then jumped the 3 block gap lost the camper and made my third lap its not illegal although it is annoying and it is possible especially on guins revised version

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
I believe this has gotten a bit out of hand.

Awards should enhance gameplay. Awards should not be the purpose of gameplay.

Players, we are letting awards become the point of the map, which isn't what zombie is about. Zombie is a game of tag, to have fun and survive. Its also a game of hunt, where you track your pray. Limiting the ways you can hunt, or survive has always been something i've hated. I voted against banning towers, even though they were such a hassle to fix, and I admit the server was much easier to deal them banned. I am all for evolution of the game, but not changing the game entirely.

Think of this way: Right now we a creating a situation that says: We aren't complaining that we aren't able to survive the map for 10 minutes, but we are complaining that we can't survive the map long enough to get an award.

Don't you see what is wrong with that?

*few pieces were taken from my suggestion post of the same nature*

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've never summoned a camper to the spawn in my life, as it's currently not against the rules to camp.
Oh, Must've been someone else then, I remember someone bing ZC+ and doing it, Just thought it was you.

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
Camping is an unliked strategy, people get their panties in a bunch when they see a camper, but I don't think camping should be illegal. Also, it is just a game, it's not like you are going to show your little virtual 4 lap award to the president/king/queen.

Reaction score
And to conclude, I'd like to mention that the addition of camping makes achieving the award much harder but along with that, it makes you have a greater feel of success-fulness and pride. It makes it feel like you've really earned the award. Otherwise, getting the award means nothing!

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
My opinion about campers has somewhat changed. What I think is: camping is legal, but expect to see people going for Final Lap rage at you. And like others have said, if people make too much of a fuss out of campers, the map should be removed, or, like Myst said, an alternative that fixes the problem should be made (excitebike, I'm looking at you.)

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I still think, and I've played that map that you should think about this instead of asking removal.
Zombies are always standing there you guys know that, Yet you run there, why?

Why don't you considder something diffrent, such as passing by the zombies chasing you, they'll not expect it because you always do that, try something experiment, but don't remove it becayse you haven't thought about it.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I still think, and I've played that map that you should think about this instead of asking removal.
Zombies are always standing there you guys know that, Yet you run there, why?

Why don't you considder something diffrent, such as passing by the zombies chasing you, they'll not expect it because you always do that, try something experiment, but don't remove it becayse you haven't thought about it.
You can't dodge them if they're standing on a 3 block wide platform and the only way to get a lap is to go on that platform and jump down a hole/across the line.. I mean, It's not really possible unless you wait for a human to go up and distract said zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies.