buildbuild12's Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildbuild12

Reaction score
IGN: buildbuild12

Timezone: CEST

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Everyday, I spend around 6 hours on RoF in total, though this was when I had school. Now, that I have summerbreak, it has increased up to 10 hours maybe, not constantly as I take breaks. 2 hours, break, 2 hours, break etc. Though lately I've been afk'ing a lot, I'm trying to improve this as I know and I've heard the staff afking is a nightmare. Though I play more than afk, and it's getting better and better.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
I think the responsibilities of an operator is to make the server a safe and fun environment, and also, to being able to handle things quickly in a tight situation. Another thing is also making sure everyone follows the rules and enforcing them, because an operator represents the rules, operator rank is there to make people follow them if broken. Another responsibility is to help the players when they need it, I think.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I think my experience on RoF sets me apart, I've been playing for a long time and I know much about the server, I can answer questions that the players have. I'm also quite friendly and open to conversations. Also, I would still be the same fun buildbuild as operator, hoping players won't feel like they can't talk to me as comfortable as usual, because they might think you have to be more serious, if I'm op.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I believe my greatest weaknesses are the amount of time I afk, people might need my help while I'm not there, and that's not what I want. Another weakness is that my client. It randomly crashes and cannot open for a while, like 10-15 minutes, and that's a bad thing, like if I'm dealing with something and it randomly crashes.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If I stumble upon a problem as a new op, I would ask an experienced operator, and if there's no operator online, I would try to solve it in any way, even if I don't know exactly what to do.

References: Dessern5, Forseti (thanks very much guys :)

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I'm so happy you finally decided to apply!
You've been playing RoF for a long time now, as you said, and it was only a matter of time until you applied :")
I think you would be a great operator, all-though sometimes I see you acting not as mature as I'd expect an operator to act but you are aware of that, and I'm guessing it's a part of who you are, you are a fun and friendly person. I'm glad you're aware of the fact that the afk problem should change, I wish I was that aware of it..
After all, I knew you wanted to apply a long time ago, and you took your time to think about it and decided to finally apply after showing us, the operators, your good personality.
I think you should get a chance, you are definitely a nice person and a kind one and I find you are capable of this job.
It's a +1 from me, good luck!

EDIT: I agree with the other operators about you being a bit immature, as I always told you and the thing that Clock posted makes you look suspicious.. but I'm not going to change my vote, I already made my decision.. But I do think Build deserves a chance..

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
You are definitely a great player and I have been wanting you to apply for a while. You are very helpful and even helped me out when I was trying to see if there was a ban evasion going on. I know you will be a great staffer here and I am sure you will be a wonderful asset to our team! +1

D

DarkHender

I'll have to go with a 0.
With the things started above,
Afking a lot on the server, immaturity shown on the server and with the logs above.
Sorry, Buildbuild.

• Sad
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Talked this over with a few other staff, we decided that because of what is provided and other various reasons, we fee that you need to give more time, effort, and dedication to the server before we consider you as an operator. For now, we are denying this app. Feel free to apply again in two weeks!

• Agree
Reactions: Forseti
Status
Not open for further replies.