Bram13 operator application

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

IGN:bram13
Time-zone: GMT+1
How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?: I try to be online for at least 2 hours everyday, I'm usually online for 4 hours, and when I have vacation 10-20 hours a day. However, they must just be days I can't go online, and when I have exams I won't be able to get on much at all. At most 1 hour.
What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?: To stop griefers and flooders, stop spammers and people like that. However, that's not their biggest task in my opinion. Operators should not only be the 'moderators' of the server, but also just be a nice guy to hang out with. They need to be helpful, and try to help the player in any way they can.

What sets you apart from other applicants?I wouldn't say there's much that sets me apart from other applicants. Maybe the fact that I have no life, and seem to be online when all other ops aren't online. I also love the server so much - I'm not even sure why, I just completely adorethis server. I feel like I'm not that serious with everyone, but when I need to, I can get serious. I like to help people. It's actually quite strange, I didn't have this before, but I just love to help people. I have also been operator on a few pure vanilla survival server. It was really fun to do, and although I was mostly abusing when I first got operator, I feel like the experience of being an operator on there really made me a better operator in general. And of course it was a small server and I only had to solve a few griefs, and only handle a really small amount of spammers, but still. My reason for becoming an operator is because the operators all seem to be in the same timezone or something. People often get flooded, griefed, or pvp'ed to dead, while literally no operator is online. This happens at least once a day when I'm online. Then I just think: I could've helped here, if I'd be operator.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? I'm not really that serious sometimes and I enjoy trolling. And even while I like to help people, I can get impatient when they annoy me and don't listen. And when I don't like certain people, I can just hate that so bad, which is really something I hate about myself. But I try not to.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would try my best to solve it, but if another operator would be online, I'd ask him to help me and ask him if he was familiar with something like this. If he wouldn't be, I'd just try to solve it my own way and hope it would work.

References: Shande

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I thought this over for quite a while (majority of my time in HS today to be precise), and I suppose a trial wouldn't hurt. What I REALLY enjoy seeing out of your involvement in our server. That includes your activity; Improved maturity; Showing courtesy to be willing to help out others, specifically new players; doing the right thing as a player to ping the OPs when trouble is happening; and a list of other moral values that goes on. It's the simple things like these that take care of the bigger issues. +1

One certain thing, though, that I want you to take note is that I really hope that you fix a few of your weaknesses. I understand that there may be a few players that you don't feel too comfortable with (everyone has this issue, so it isn't all bad), but that shouldn't be that they have the disadvantage as a player from your perspective (that would be a bit bias if you understand). Just hoping you realize that.

Reactions: 1 person

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, but it's a -1 from me. I don't think you have enough general maturity yet. Sure, you show it at some times, but at other times I've seen you handle things poorly. I think it might be a friend thing, however, where you act differently around your friends... which leads me to worry about how you'd go about a situation involving one of your buddies. Work on the maturity issue, and I just might be able to change my mind.

W

Wimali

One certain thing, though, that I want you to take note is that I really hope that you fix a few of your weaknesses. I understand that there may be a few players that you don't feel too comfortable with (everyone has this issue, so it isn't all bad), but that shouldn't be that they have the disadvantage as a player from your perspective (that would be a bit bias if you understand). Just hoping you realize that.
The fact that I don't like certain people wouldn't mean I won't help that - that would be a stupid move, in my opinion. I don't troll that much anymore, to.

Sorry, but it's a -1 from me. I don't think you have enough general maturity yet. Sure, you show it at some times, but at other times I've seen you handle things poorly. I think it might be a friend thing, however, where you act differently around your friends... which leads me to worry about how you'd go about a situation involving one of your buddies. Work on the maturity issue, and I just might be able to change my mind.
I can see what you mean. However, I thought about this a few days before I posted the actual application. I decided to or just be a normal player and just have fun, not care about the others and be screaming around like a 10 years old sugar addict, or get operator and just try to serve the server the best I could. I decided to go with the second thing. And about the whole friends thing - I would ban my friends if they flood, grief or do anything else bannable. I would threat them like any other person. However, I know them good enough to know I probably won't ever need to ban them. However, if I'd have to, I'd ban them.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
After having talked with you, I've decided to change my mind and at least let the trial speak for itself. +1

You're very active (maybe you're close to as much as I used to be ;p), which definitely helps with the timezone issue, and this is a great application. However, for the last question: go ahead and try to ping me in the case of you being alone; what I like thinking is "when in doubt, don't do it," too. Also, I personally like trying to maintain a balance between entertainment and seriousness, and I can sense that in you as well. You'd make a great addition to our team for sure.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
I can see what you mean. However, I thought about this a few days before I posted the actual application. I decided to or just be a normal player and just have fun, not care about the others and be screaming around like a 10 years old sugar addict, or get operator and just try to serve the server the best I could. I decided to go with the second thing. And about the whole friends thing - I would ban my friends if they flood, grief or do anything else bannable. I would threat them like any other person. However, I know them good enough to know I probably won't ever need to ban them. However, if I'd have to, I'd ban them.
I have banned a few of my own friends. And its not easy, sadly.

Righto, time for Mr Shande to bark it up in here.
So, me and you have had a few..."problems" in the past but we have worked them out and we are generally good friends and we help each other out on the server or just have fun. You're maturity is actually getting much better and you help people a lot, you just need to fix that small amount of anger you get when something bad happens but that will be fixed easily. You know the rules and so do I, if its a commitment that you're thinking of. Then you won't get this +1 from any other guy. (I tried...)

Status
Not open for further replies.