Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Brainfreeze
Author: Jivvi!
Size: 50 x 50x 25
Map boundary: The fact the the centre consists of 4 blocks confused me for a bit, and since you generally have to fix the coords anyway, I haven't filled this slot in yet.
Kits: Everyone has exactly the same kit:
Snowflake
- Snowball
Random or choose kits?: Random, since there really isn't much point in having chosen kits when they're all the same.
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/6ccEN
Notes: As a Tag map, I would like Hunger to be disabled, as I'm of aware of the map's small size, and that was intentional. I want the gameplay style to be a non-stop running away kind of map.
Download Link: The map is located on BuildBox at /warp Brainfreeze
Input File:
Code:
MapName: Brainfreeze
Author: Jivvi
BuildTime: 10
GameTime: 300
WorldTime: 1000
SpawnProtectTime: 0
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 825.95229
    y: 96.345
    z: 2019.93392
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 0
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 945
    y: 4
    z:-91
Centre:
  x: 946
  y: 18.5
  z: -90
WorldSize: 25
SkyLimit: 25
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- AIR
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- AIR
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- AIR
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- AIR
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- AIR
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Snowflake:
    -SNOWBALL
  Juggernaut:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  HunterLeader:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  HunterStart:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  SurvivorStart:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  Effects:
    Hunter:
      Starting:
      - SPEED|310|2
    Survivors:
      Starting:
      - SPEED|310|2

Input file:
Code:
MapName: Brainfreeze
Author: Jivvi
BuildTime: 10
GameTime: 300
WorldTime: 1000
SpawnProtectTime: 0
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 825.95229
    y: 96.345
    z: 2019.93392
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 0
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 945
    y: 4
    z: -91
Centre:
  x: 946
  y: 18.5
  z: -90
WorldSize: 25
SkyLimit: 25
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
HunterRestrictedPlace:
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  Juggernaut:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  HunterLeader:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  HunterStart:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
  SurvivorStart:
    Snowflake:
    - SNOWBALL
Effects:
  Hunter:
    Starting:
    - SPEED|310|2
  Survivor:
    Starting:
    - SPEED|310|2
    OnAttack:
    OnDefend:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for submitting a map!
However, for me this map is too small. I don't think people will be able to survive long without getting tagged. I think you should make it a lot bigger, and maybe make the snowflakes (the ice) accessible, like a parkour?
Sorry, but it's a -1 from me. The input file was great, thanks a lot! There was just a few tweaks a had to make ;)

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
OH GOD IT'S TINY
Yeah, I was kinda going for a really fast-paced ducking and dodging map; I might shorten the round time even further. The point is that Survivors will need to have their running shoes on, and will need to weave around as erratically as possible to survive. Also, I think that if you try really really hard, the ice is accessible! x3
Although I wouldn't change it for the easier, a massive stretch of ice parkour will probably demoralize Hunters even more than supertowers to the worldlimit. I was wondering how I could polish it up, a bit though, and I really like the concept myself, and I don't think there's anything quite like it, although I wonder if ot need tweaking to work well as it stands.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
OH GOD IT'S TINY
Yeah, I was kinda going for a really fast-paced ducking and dodging map; I might shorten the round time even further. The point is that Survivors will need to have their running shoes on, and will need to weave around as erratically as possible to survive.
I understand you want it to be fast paced, but I think it will be just about impossible to dodge more than two hunters for more then a minute D:

• Sad
Reactions: JKangaroo

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
OH GOD IT'S TINY
Yeah, I was kinda going for a really fast-paced ducking and dodging map; I might shorten the round time even further. The point is that Survivors will need to have their running shoes on, and will need to weave around as erratically as possible to survive.
I understand you want it to be fast paced, but I think it will be just about impossible to dodge more than two hunters for more then a minute D:
Yeah, that's what I wanna fix without changing the overall setup. I dunno what to do, though, give the Survivorsa bit extra speed? Maybe make Hunters a 2-hit-kill, and upon being hit once, the Survivors get a short, sharp speed burst.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I wanna fix without changing the overall setup. I dunno what to do, though, give the Survivorsa bit extra speed? Maybe make Hunters a 2-hit-kill, and upon being hit once, the Survivors get a short, sharp speed burst.
Maybe yes. But in my opinion you should just keep the same idea but expand it a bit without changing it too much. But if you don't want to do that, maybe yes, make it so it's more than one hit to kill.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I think the map's to small for a tag map. If anything I couldn't see a round lasting more then a minute (like infected said). Even if you tried to change the amount of hit's a kill I still believe this map is to small. Going to have to go with a 0.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hokay, I've got this down pat.
Survivors get Absorption V, which gives them 10 gold hearts.
I'll tweak Hunter of Survivor damage factors so that Hunters do exactly 10 hearts of damage, reducing them down to a full regular healthbar. Since the map revolves around nonstop running, all Survivors get Saturation, too. Once hit, Survivors get a pretty damn decent speed boost (I'm thinking about 3-5 seconds of Speed III-V) I might slow Hunters down as well, but I'll probably just settle on a moment of Speed. Just for fun I might throw in Nausea fo,r both teams' OnAttack and OnDefend variables.
It is Brainfreeze after all
:3

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Apologies for the inexcusably long time it has taken for me to respond to this. Neutral reviews given by staff show that this map is not meeting it's potential in terms of developing upon the concept.

Declined for now, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.