Borderlands Series

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score

A series of role-playing first-person shooter games. Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre Sequel.

Borderlands 2 characters:

Level 72, OP8 Hellborn Krieg

Level 72, OP5 Sniper Zer0

Level 33 Cataclysm Maya

Pre-Sequel Characters:
Level 28 Storm Athena

DLC stuff:
For maximum bang for your buck I'd STRONGLY recommend buying the Game of the Year edition as it includes all 4 campaign DLCs and Krieg and Gaige character packs and then also buying the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Upgrade Pack 2 because it's not included in the GOTY.
After that you have every single DLC for Borderlands 2 except for the Headhunter packs (mini-boss fights which are also really cool but no necessary) and the character skin/head packs.

Borderlands: $5 (ON SALE)
Borderlands GOTY: $7.50 (ON SALE) HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOTY

Borderlands 2: $5 (ON SALE) HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOTY
Borderlands 2 GOTY: $10 (ON SALE)
Borderlands 2 GOTY + UHVM 2 pack: $15 (ON SALE)
Borderlands 2 GOTY + UHVM 2 pack + All Headhunter DLCs: $20 (ON SALE)

Borderlands: The Pre Sequel: $30 (ON SALE)
My opinions on the games:
Borderlands:
It's a blast. More craziness and pure FPS than BL2/TPS but less story driven and not as balanced. Graphics and engine are a bit dated but still makes for a very fun time.

Borderlands 2:
My favourite game right now. Play this for the sake of yourself. Best game in the series, hilarious, legendaries are harder to farm than in the other 2 games (can be a good or bad thing), excellent and not over priced DLC, and finally EXPLOSIONS?!

The Pre Sequel:
A lot of people don't like this game and I can see why but I'm still having a ton of fun with it. It's not as good or as big as BL2 but still amazing nonetheless.

If anyone wants to play hit me up on steam: jolteon42

• Thank You
Reactions: Naoh and Omni

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
Absolutely love this game series. Me and Minun played countless hours of this over LAN and we still go back to it every now and then. We played Borderlands 1 so much we actually managed to get a Pearlescent weapon. This may or may not be easier now but it was extremely hard to do when we were playing it. Borderlands 2 was also played for about the same amount of the time, if not more. Summoned Verminvorous a few times but never really got anything noteworthy. We did managed to nab a few orange items though, including two "The Bee" even though it got nerfed recently.

But yes, I love random loot. I love teamwork in games. This was just a good match for my gaming tastes. Might even come back to it to re-challange Verminvorous and get that DANG CAT FACE FOR MAYA YES PLEASE.

• Agree
Reactions: Eeveon

Eeveon

Reaction score
Absolutely love this game series. Me and Minun played countless hours of this over LAN and we still go back to it every now and then. We played Borderlands 1 so much we actually managed to get a Pearlescent weapon. This may or may not be easier now but it was extremely hard to do when we were playing it. Borderlands 2 was also played for about the same amount of the time, if not more. Summoned Verminvorous a few times but never really got anything noteworthy. We did managed to nab a few orange items though, including two "The Bee" even though it got nerfed recently.

But yes, I love random loot. I love teamwork in games. This was just a good match for my gaming tastes. Might even come back to it to re-challange Verminvorous and get that DANG CAT FACE FOR MAYA YES PLEASE.

Guess I finally have a place to put these pictures. These are pretty old so obviously our levels and weapons are gonna be different from then. Might be a good idea to try again with the DLC that has that 4-player glitch thing.

also The Bee = most op thing ever especially for bosses

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Guess I finally have a place to put these pictures. These are pretty old so obviously our levels and weapons are gonna be different from then. Might be a good idea to try again with the DLC that has that 4-player glitch thing.

also The Bee = most op thing ever especially for bosses
I'm jealous, I've been trying to get Vermy to spawn for a decent amount of time with no luck thus far. Also if you haven't played the DLC yet you should definitely come back and give them a shot, especially Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I'd buy the DLC if I had money. I spent a solid 60 or so hours doing the campaign with a friend, including most of the side missions.

end-of-game spoilers; [BCOLOR=#000000]my friend took the fucking mask when i was watching the credits this isnt even okay[/BCOLOR]

• Agree
Reactions: JtTorso

Eeveon

Reaction score
So, started playing again and this just dropped:
Plusle opened a container right before starting the Saturn fight on UVHM and a loot loader jumped out. Killed him and he dropped that. Needless to say, we were surprised.

EDIT: The next chest after fighting Saturn had a Mongol in it. Then, later on, the Warrior dropped a Conference Call. What is this luck?

Last edited: