Block suggestions needed for space themed map.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
What do you think so far since it's very early in it's creation. So far, I did this all by myself. Only thing is that I don't know which blocks to used to make it more alien-ish or space-ish. So, I need everyone's suggestion before I officially submit this.​

Reactions: kuilin and crafter

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Personally, I think it looks kinda..
boring
Sorry, xgen, the idea is brilliant but at the moment it's so dull and bland
I can see it has the general things you need for survival but it's also not very spacious and just boring to the eye, it could be nice with abit of work.
I know the whole point is the make it alien-y but theres no harm in adding some more appeal into the appearance
.. I don't know how and I understand it's in it's early stages but with more time it will become a great map

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Air blocks. :D

I like the soul sand bit. Perhaps replace the stone with colored clay instead to add some color. I don't know about the tree logs hidden in them either.
As for the trees, it looks like you used quartz as the trunk-- I saw FroggCrabs use mushroom blocks (not the actual mushroom, but the larger one) in a build of his and I thought that it looked like a new tree texture. I think it would be interesting to see those used instead of the quartz.
Also, your trees don't look "out of this world", just a tad random with dirt "leaves". Take it up a notch and give them character. I found these "piriballs" through an "alien tree" search and I think you could use that sort of ball shape bit as inspiration. Probably use clay blocks instead of dirt.
Terrain wise. You can probably add larger islands on the bottom area of the map but still keep certain areas open to the void.

• Informative
Reactions: RaizzanX

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
For a nice alien tree, use huge-mushroom blocks with the inside texture on all sides, and something purple or green. If mycelium can be worldedited with the purple grass on all 6 sides, that might be cool too.

D

DarkHender

I think I like the update number 1 more than update number 2.
Anyways, nice concept.

Maybe more colours that either compliment each other?
(I dunno, red sand just isnt pretty to look at next to oak wood)

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Can you make one of those flower things open like a parana plant?
And even though it is alien I think the soul sand suits the map more than the red sand.