Black Ops 2

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I liked the first black ops but I don't know about the second one...
They build up an entire story line with black ops. And now the second one is about something completly different.
IN MY OPINION!!: The thing I like about black ops 2 is zombies. Nothing more nothing less.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Welp, played quite a bit, here is a review.

Campaign:

The Campaign had a bit of a slow beginning but gradually picked up throughout. It has many allusions to the previous Black Ops and ties in a lot of the 'loose ends.' The most unique thing about this Call of Duty's campaign was the alternative endings. Which means, you can choose what you want to do, such as, 'Kill or Spare?' Because of these different decisions, the choice influences the end of the game and can end in many different ways. Some are really twisted, some less twisted. So lets build up the storyline, you're playing in two era's of time; 2025, the future and 1986, in the past. In the past you play mainly as 'Alex Mason' whom you played as in Black Ops I. In both parts, future and past, they both have the same objective in mind. To kill their enemy 'Raul Menendez' a Nicaraguan political activist who is the main antagonist in the game. I wont spoil anything - but by basic common sense, if the 2025 group were after him, he obviously didn't die in 1986. As time moves on, he becomes a more dangerous threat, David Mason, Alex Masons' son, tries to do what his father couldn't. He is joined with the other Navy Seals, Harper and Salazar, to undergo this task. It is interesting to go back and forth from this futuristic time period to the past and play with characters such as Woods and Alex Mason again. This campaign holds a sentimental value to it and a aggressive emotion to it, which makes it unique. I highly recommend you play it.

Campaign Rating: 9/10

Zombies:

I'm not going to lie to you, I did not play much zombies at all, but Tranzit was a blast, (I love riding the bus). It gave it more of a zombie feeling and I loved how you had so much more accessibility to the maps, there ability to go so many more places. The zombies are more gory and deadly looking. But I'm not going to lie, survival in zombies is all very similar to all the other ones. The Tranzit was nicely added and I'm glad they did that instead of just another survival mode that has been overplayed. They also added a team mode in which there is separate teams that can either work together or against one another, catch is, there is only one surviving group. I haven't played much to make a definitive decision but overall so far, it's been fun and exciting.

Zombie Rating: 9/10

Multiplayer:

What we all (or most) of us bought the game for. I personally enjoy the multiplayer, but to an extent. It can, well there is no way to put this politely, piss me off. Some guns, I feel can be a tad 'underpowered' which is surprising to here in a CoD shooter. I also dislike the leaderboard system how it is score per minute, it doesn't have the competitive edge that Modern Warfare had with its leaderboards. (I actually brought myself up to top 100 in FFA, I was planning to do this in Black Ops II but obviously because of this, I couldn't.) Apart from the negatives or downsides to the multiplayer there is many positive aspects. First and foremost, the snipers are bumped up in power and very balanced according whether its semi automatic or bolt action. I'm one whom hates hitmarkers with snipers with a passion. Most of the guns, besides from a select few, are very balanced according to Assault/SMG/LMG. The maps are okay, nothing to spectacular, but definitely not terrible. Some of the spawning on the maps is glitched badly. The audio in the maps is marvelous though, the sound of this game is incredible. Another very positive aspect is the lag, I haven't got any since playing - host migration isn't a problem either too, it works like a charm. The scorestreak system or as you probably remember it, killstreaks, have changed. It is much more challenging to get a scorestreak going, depending on which way you look at it, can be a positive or a negative. They brought back theater, which is nice, and CodTV which is probably some sort of sharing center, I haven't tried it yet though. The gameplay overall is pretty nicely balanced in health, regeneration, and gametypes. They added a few new games modes which is fun for some diversity, instead of playing Team Deathmatch all day. There is also a new type of mode call League Play, which I believe is where you get a team and do more competitive based matches. Good ole' Combat Training was brought back thankfully, which is always fun to do when bored. Custom games, such as Gun game and one in the chamber are back, which is a neat custom game to do. Elite is back, which was in MW3, I never really got into it though. Overall, multiplayer isn't half bad, it isn't just another Call of Duty, there are a bunch of new features that I didn't even list here, I think this will bring some love back in to what CoD used to be instead of that boring MW3 shit. These obviously, are some personal opinions on the game and maybe some bias included, but just a brief little review of the game.

Multiplayer rating: 8/10

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Don't mind my grammatical errors, it's 3:20am and I didn't re read it because I'm too lazy.

115Predator

Reaction score
When i saw the trailer, it looks like a horrible crossover of call of duty and halo in one video game. My opinion anyways. I'll need to see the gameplay later.
I don't see why people are comparing this to Halo; Black Ops II is set in the near future (2025) while Halo is set in the 2500s. I mean, if you're going to make a comparison, I think it would make much more sense to mention other games like Crysis or Ghost Recon (also set in near-future). Also, I found that Black Ops II has been compared to Halo in a negative manner while it seems no other futuristic FPS has.

Sooo... Am I the only one with Black ops 2 for PC?:(
Nope, I have it for PC.

Some short things I will say about Black Ops II. I will probably make a more in-depth review of this game at a later time.

First of all, it felt there was significantly more of a change between BO and BOII compared to MW2 and MW3.

General
Though this game has higher requirements than the original Black Ops, it runs much faster, more smoothly and I experience much less and more minor stutters. Black Ops II appears to have been much better optimized for PC than Black Ops.

Graphics are, of course, sub-par to (I assume) most recent FPS games. But there seems to be a bit of an improvement from the original Black Ops (mostly the lighting IMO). They said that the sub-par graphics are to ensure that consoles run the game at 60 FPS. I can't really say anything about that since I have this game on PC.

Campaign:
To me, it was clear that they have put considerably more effort into the campaign compared to the previous COD games. Definitely worth playing it.

Multiplayer
It seems that campers are less common in this game compared to the previous CODs. I approve of the Pick-Ten system since it allows for more customization.

Scorestreaks are generally harder to get; I approve of this since I found that killstreaks were being used much too often in Black Ops. Also, scorestreaks gives players more incentive to complete objectives rather than just killing other players.

I find the Remington 870 MCS to be OP (so far the only one I can think of from the game).

Spawns are generally good, but there are times when it could go awful. For example: I was once in a kill-confirmed match and got 4 care packages...All 4 were lost to the enemy because by the time I threw them, they would spawn near me. So I'm not sure if I was unlucky, or the spawns were really messed up at that time.

For the most part, I don't like how they got rid of dedicated servers for the PC.

I have experienced connection issues with MP. Specifically, I would lose connection immediately after joining a match. However, that could possibly be caused by the old PC I'm currently using.

Zombies:
Can't say much about this. I have mostly played Nuketown zombies but not much on TranZit.

I find it surprising that this game generally got poorer ratings than MW3.

radman573

Reaction score
Veteran missions are considerably easier when you use that sniper that can see through walls :D

The only problem with the campaign is the fact that the choices you make don't really effect the game drastically. I wish they spent more time on that because it is a really good concept for the CoD series. :D

Multiplayer on the other hand is broken, especially on the PS3. Connection errors and maps made only for SMG's was not the best choice in my opinion. The other thing that made me really angry was that they removed the Nuketown 2025 playlist. That was one of the main reasons why I purchased the hardened addition, and now I have to hope it pops up every 20 games I play :( (Not to mention there aren't many people on that playlist)

115Predator

Reaction score
Veteran missions are considerably easier when you use that sniper that can see through walls :D

The only problem with the campaign is the fact that the choices you make don't really effect the game drastically. I wish they spent more time on that because it is a really good concept for the CoD series. :D

Multiplayer on the other hand is broken, especially on the PS3. Connection errors and maps made only for SMG's was not the best choice in my opinion. The other thing that made me really angry was that they removed the Nuketown 2025 playlist. That was one of the main reasons why I purchased the hardened addition, and now I have to hope it pops up every 20 games I play :( (Not to mention there aren't many people on that playlist)
Here's a theory as to why it was removed (from Activision forums)
x_convict said:
The only thing i can see is that nuketown was the best way to get xp/ high kill streaks and unlock the camos quicker,because of how condensed the map is.Thus making players bored of the game sooner and making them put it down sooner or not buy future dlc.Also It turned the attention from every other map since 50k-120k players at any given time were focusing on 1 map.

From a buisness perspective this is bad because not as many players would want to buy the new maps that are dew out since this map has everything most players like(close quaters,easy kills,easy to obtain all killstreaks,All weapons are well on it due to the minimal range ect)Taking it out scatters the 100k+players there for increasing the likely hood of buying future maps even if 10% of these 100k buy a future map thats a extra 60k in their pocket for taking out a map with minimal consiquence.

As far as consiquence goes there is really none for them.Sure a few players might quit but that does not matter because we already payed for the game so quitting has minimal effect on them.Also some players might post threads like these but these in essance don't solve anything or phase the company.Some players might also threaten legal action,but good luck facing a company that made over a billion dollars on 1 single game giving them access to the best lawyers you can buy.And most courts wont even take such a case.You can claim false adventising but a skilled attorney can get around that buy the simple point that no where did they say the map was going to be here 100percent of the time.So it all boils down to money.I cant see any other reason why they would go thru the trouble to complely remove the most popular game mode(Tdm does not count as in every game its the most popular game mode)

that is the only reason why i could see them removing it and even that is a very weak explination.

So what are your thoughts?

I personally only played nuketown never played any other maps

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I am going to warn you guys and also let you in on the hilarity. One of my loving caring subscribers BajanCanadian or Mitch who does Minecraft and CoD videos has his own channel with his friends for only Call of Duty called AwesomeSauceFilms. Now for you XBox multiplaying people be careful they are doing videos of trolling people (its quite funny) so if you see gamertags NoochM alphaelephant HippoHi or BajanCanadian then Oh my god they will be trolling the players so bad but if you are going to watch the videos be careful the Gamers on Obama one has a bit of erm unneeded language.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
So havent gotten through the entire campaign yet, and only done a little bit of multiplayer but love the game already. Campaign is outstanding and I dearly love how you can customize a loadout before going into a mission now. Also love how multiplayer is, specifically bootcamp since I've never been the greatest at it :p Zombies... Meh, never been much of a fan of zombies and stuff like that. May try it eventually but for now am fine without it.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I won't be getting this game, but my brothers will be. If anything, I'll try this game, and play it for a while. With everyone muted. Except friends and relatives.

I don't really care what others think about the CoD series, but I think the main problem is the playerbase. The CoD series was never a perfect series; there are problems with the game, as there are problems with many games. The typical playerbase promotes the game too far, scowling at anyone who hates them.

But, if anything, I'll probably stay on my computer and play the games I currently enjoy, or will end up enjoying during the time.

The problem is the COD Fanboys who cant see any flaw within the game and give death threats at anyone who doesnt like it AND the COD Hateboys who cant see any good in the game and troll all people who even play the game. All games have flaws and all games have idiots.

Reactions: Duffie

115Predator

Reaction score
The problem is the COD Fanboys who cant see any flaw within the game and give death threats at anyone who doesnt like it AND the COD Hateboys who cant see any good in the game and troll all people who even play the game. All games have flaws and all games have idiots.
On a related note, what's the point of all of the video game wars (particularly with Halo, Battlefield and COD it seems)? I don't really understand why some of the players from each game series seem to hate each other.

I would say that I am (probably) a loyal Treyarch fan. But ever since MW3, I'm going to be quite cautious with Sledgehammer and IW. I may have stated this before, but I'm glad I decided not to buy MW3 (maybe in the future only for the campaign).

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
So I've been testing with different loads, and feel this is one of the best ones:

M27 w/ quickdraw
B23R pistol.
Hardline
Toughness
Dexterity
C4
Double shock charges.
Scorestreaks wise I normally run UAV, hunter killed, counter UAV. And just so you know, quickdraw + dexterity is nuts. Every time you aim its instant with this combo. I also actually love the M27's sights personally. Other guns if you dislike the M27 are the Type 25, FAL and PDW SMG. (With FAL, I'd try and use select fire if possible replacing the B23R/a shock charge ;))

Henry

Reaction score
I am going to warn you guys and also let you in on the hilarity. One of my loving caring subscribers BajanCanadian or Mitch who does Minecraft and CoD videos has his own channel with his friends for only Call of Duty called AwesomeSauceFilms. Now for you XBox multiplaying people be careful they are doing videos of trolling people (its quite funny) so if you see gamertags NoochM alphaelephant HippoHi or BajanCanadian then Oh my god they will be trolling the players so bad but if you are going to watch the videos be careful the Gamers on Obama one has a bit of erm unneeded language.
KENTUCKY DERRRPBBY

User was warned for necroposting.

• Old
Reactions: Notme

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Prestiged twice in a week, I am now prestige 6 level 50 :) One gun away from diamond SMGs. I use UAV - CounterUAV - Stealth Chopper score streaks, which makes gaining 20k exp a match easy as anything. Although VSAT - Lodestar - VTOL is pretty easy too.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Prestiged twice in a week, I am now prestige 6 level 50 :) One gun away from diamond SMGs. I use UAV - CounterUAV - Stealth Chopper score streaks, which makes gaining 20k exp a match easy as anything. Although VSAT - Lodestar - VTOL is pretty easy too.
How do you stay alive? This is my main question, since in my time playing I've only ever gotten 1 lodestar as my highest streak. I have a 1.18 KDR, so its not like I can't gain a few kills per death, but I generally end matches at 20-30 or something like that and have a hard time getting more then 5+ kills per death.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I have strategies in maps, I never camp, I take the opposite route everyone else takes for a less chance of dying, I run through their spqwn and kill them, then I continue running. Un-sepressed weapon with UAV and Counter UAV gives you a lot of score, when you get the stealth chopper or vsat you got even more, resulting in a huge advantage over the enemynallowing you to finish matches with a 30 kdr. Add me on xbox, my name is BennyDMF.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Added you under D17J AngelWV
Do you normally play at this sort of time? As it is half 1 in the morning over here so it is a bit late to play.

Generally I play either in the range of 7-9 PM EST, 11 AM - 1 PM EST or OCCASIONALLY 7 - 8 AM EST. I don't generally play for long periods of time, but more a few matches or so. I generally also normally do either core domination, core kills comfirmed or champions league play :3