BetterComp's Corner - A few suggestions from me

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
No mucking around, I'll get straight into them.

Towers: Use Blocks not Walls!
Pretty simple this one. On the simple towers, use blocks on the outside and not walls. Less hassle for mods when they place derpily, easier for hunters, why not? Walls are just obstructive, make camping with bows easier and are generally unnecessary.

The Loot Problem
At the moment, what can happen is that the few final survivors eventually gather all the best loot and become overpowered, especially when they kill Hunters with good kits, or a Dark Hunter who gathered good loot.

I think Hunters could drop only a proportion of what they have in their inventory, maybe half. That would mean Survivors still get loot from killing people, but at a slower rate. A more extreme approach would be Hunters not dropping weapons/armour full stop, but that just seems stupid. Also, Vatumok thinks that just having chests with more resources and perhaps the occasional chestplate instead of too much bling would be better, which does seem like a better idea.

General Balancing
Since AoD 2.0 started accepting new maps, the staff have done brilliantly to make sure the maps are as fair and balanced as they can be. However, the older maps are lacking a bit. This could potentially be because as Minecraft has been updated, items have been nerfed/buffed, or as AoD has been updated, things have been introduced, modified and taken away. This isn't the AoD 2.0 staff's fault.

Vat mentioned to me that the staff are talking about rebalancing Zombie, and a good focus on chests, which is precisely what I thought was needed. The AoD staff's ongoing dedication to improving the server is very much appreciated. I'm sure if you have any odd suggestions you want to put down, or maybe another solution to an issue raised, feel free to do it here, as I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

So yeah, just a few things from me. o/

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Sircomp, thanks for those informative suggestions!
Let's break it down:
Towers: Use Blocks not Walls!
This is a very good idea! It may not look really nice but this makes it easier to climb so I totally agree with this suggestion
The Loot Problem
If I'm correct, we're working on this since maps like Uncharted give full iron armor which makes it ridicilous strong for survivors who killed hunters
General Balancing
This is also a known problem and also being worked on if I'm correct

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I completely agree on the tower suggestion. Lately they haven't been a big problem but when they were more spammed it was almost impossible to moderate. Using blocks instead of fencing will make that a lot better.

Regarding balancing zombie I think we should go to a more scavenging playstyle for humans. Right now you get OP equipment and farm hunters which makes the hunters feel chanceless. What I would like to see is humans having to search for materials to make arrows, bow, weak swords and food and then staying on the run only killing zombies when necessary. At least no camping + farming kills. What would be awesome if we could have a hungergame server style: random chests with materials.
Loot is also a part of the balancing, the biggest problem being arrows. Right now ammo almost doesn't matter with the inf bow spam and so many arrows thrown around. A part of why humans get so many arrows is because they can keep looting them from zombies. I think zombies should not drop their loot but rather some food + small reward.

What I did with Uncharted is use very basic kits (leather set + wooden sword) and dropped in chests some cobblestone, sticks, feathers, string, flint, wood, apples, meat, some iron ore, some enchantment books, some arrows, some hp pots and some chain armor. I removed all bows, enchantment tables, weapons and strong armor. This is kind of the way I am thinking. Hunters can then start with leather set + stone sword or leather set + bow & 8 arrows.

Reactions: SirComputer